Question Has anyone found a fix yet for the Android 12 screen freeze after unbricking with the eur/in 9pro msm tool?

Search This thread

lukebukowiec

Jan 16, 2022
Even on the newest stable OOS12 build (C40) the touchscreen still doesn't work as well as the sim card.

While the Indian 9pro msm method was able to unbrick my phone, it seems to have broken the firmware in a weird way. I flashed the global stock OOS11 rom and thought I returned my phone back to it's out of the box state. One thing I noticed was the country code when logging into the community app was locked in for India. Then of course when I updated to android 12 (C39, then C40), I cannot use the touchscreen and the sim won't work. Is there any way to fix this? I can still use my phone via USB OTG.

lukebukowiec

Jan 16, 2022
How did you flash global stock oos11 rom? Did you use fastboot or the global msm tool? Also what version of the oneplus 9 do you have?
I have the global NA OnePlus 9. In my post above I used fastboot to flash global oos11 using this tutorial but keep in mind you can't update to android 12 with this method and you won't have a "pure" oos11 rom.

I've since come across a better method that fixed all my issues, getting me to the truly pure out of the box global oos11 rom (which now updates to oos12 flawlessly). See here.

Note the param part, I am pretty sure the aa file he provided is only for the north American global op9.

Last edited: