• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Has anyone got 5G working on unlisted country (rooted module is welcome)????

Search This thread

EGGMEN

Jan 9, 2019
Hmm ... Google and Huawei ... that does not sound like a happy marriage ;-)
But you are right, why can Google not do what all other manufacturers can.
Just a little conspiracy theory! Need a magisk module for 5G on my network I think. 5G works fine with all the phones I tested....except google.

• Angry
Reactions: foobar66

Aiples

Apr 12, 2021
Just a little conspiracy theory! Need a magisk module for 5G on my network I think. 5G works fine with all the phones I tested....except google.
I really think that there is some module that is able to adapt from the Samsung S20 series to let pixel 6 pro be able to use 5G since they use the same 5G modem.

Sadly, I cannot try it since I living in Thailand and my pre-order P6P has not arrived yet.

EGGMEN

Jan 9, 2019
I'm willing to try on my P6 if there's a module available. Tried a Samsung module to activate 5G on S20/21 but put phone in bootloop until I disabled in safe mode.

EGGMEN

Jan 9, 2019
Can you please give me that link to try that module, so that I can test and report here
This is the one I tried. I also removed part of the module not relating to the modem to allow it to boot but no joy for me.

nafi2000

Sep 15, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
This is the one I tried. I also removed part of the module not relating to the modem to allow it to boot but no joy for me.
This look like complete Samsung setup. Iam not expecting this to work with Google pixel.

Aiples

Apr 12, 2021
No, it doesn't but could be a starting point for someone to tinker with maybe.
Yes, that is really maybe. Since Google used to use a 5G modem from Qualcomm (in older Pixel) and there is a solution for the Qualcomm modem.
But now it does not work anymore because of changing of the 5G modem.
So Google Pixel 6 pro changes to use a 5G modem from Samsung which is exactly the one used on the S20 series (I think I found the modem name from some website), so I just think that it might work with the S20 series 5G fixing module something like that.

tanipat

Nov 22, 2011
Yes, that is really maybe. Since Google used to use a 5G modem from Qualcomm (in older Pixel) and there is a solution for the Qualcomm modem.
But now it does not work anymore because of changing of the 5G modem.
So Google Pixel 6 pro changes to use a 5G modem from Samsung which is exactly the one used on the S20 series (I think I found the modem name from some website), so I just think that it might work with the S20 series 5G fixing module something like that.
i think it is great idea, but even no dev work for module that enable previous qualcom chip to work with 5g, the trick is qualcom has tools to modify carrier policy that finally they make it work for the one with qualcom chip. Sadly i do not think anyone will do the same with exynos or even tensor chip.

Still has hope though, i will able to make more input once my pixel arrive i am not yet got mine so i have nothing to dig now hahaha

Reactions: bush911

paulwang323

Jun 27, 2017
Google Pixel 6 Pro

Someone on our region told me if Google add this carrie config to the update which correspond in your country carrie , pixel 6 would be have 5G. For mine it's 1435 & 1436. He said it's not Google want to block 5G on unlist country, it's just some kind mistake they use the old config file or something, need some Google staff to report this bug to Google to fix it, then everybody roaming to any country can have 5G service.

tanipat

Nov 22, 2011
i think the problem lies elsewhere. i found all carriers in product/etc/carriersettings

in the folder all in .pb files and each one of the supported carriers in listed countries have separate files even more separate profile for 5 g ( such as att_us.pb att5g_us.pb att5gsa_us.pb). while i only found my country in others.pb which contains a lot of unlisted countries but all in very short details not like the separate file. if someone with knowledge enough to create or modify these carrier files then i think it might be possible for 5g to work with the carrier

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes, the phones support 5G and those features but google "geo locks" them to the countries it has a google store on. If you dont live in one of those countries then you dont get 5G/LTE+/VoLTE/VoWIFI etc..

Also have talked to technicians in the carrier in my country as others have done and it comes down to google intentionally doing this. This is why countries where google have recently opened up a store there suddenly got these features working.

Its quite sad not enough people are calling out google for essentially locking people from basic features in 2022.
    Maybe a phone country that has mmWave deployed may work for you.

Tell me if I am wrong but I understand that the service providers send in their vendor, and radio images, google colates them and releases them with the builds. This is not up to google rather the service provider to do this, because contained within are APN and other settings specific to the service provider.

Read this will give you a clear understanding that this is not google blocking countries... rather service providers supporting certain makes and models of phones. https://support.google.com/pixelphone/answer/10082009?hl=en
    That is a lie from Google, try and flash the Android 12 beta 2(not 12L) firmware for ether Pixel 4a or the Pixel 5 5g and voila you got 5g in unsupported country and provider, cause they messed up and forgot to lock off the countries and providers they dont like or want to have 5g.

I am in the proccess of finding the files and getting 5g on my Pixel 6 Pro, Google really are bad people with this.
    Do you work for Google? are you a lawver? why should i be carefull about this?
    First, no reason to be hostile. 2nd, keep your comments respectful.

It's one thing to express your opinion on a matter, or to suggest the possibility of something given what evidence you might have to support your theory. It's another entirely to blindly level accusations at a company. I don't care what the outcome is - this forum exists to share information, and none of us moderators have any particular interest in any particular company, but please just make sure you're getting your facts straight. Personal experiences can differ and may not reflect the reality.

The question in my mind is why would Google have any interest in restricting functionality in a region where it's used? Generally the circumstance where this is the case is when they are either required to by law, or asked by carriers. With the exception of Fi, Google has little interest in carrier technologies; they are simply trying to market a Google-branded device for international markets. As a former network technician I can tell you that it's often carrier issues that prevent certain devices from using certain functionality on their networks. If I remember correctly, there were some US carriers that wanted to prevent LTE function on devices they didn't explicitly approve.

To make this simple, the way I look at matters like this is thus: The most likely explanation for an issue is generally the simplest. Why would Google or any other manufacturer lie unless it was in their own interest? How could dishonesty in this context possibly be in their interest?

Perhaps the functionality in question is something still in development and simply isn't supported yet. Doesn't mean they're lying.
    View attachment 5458851
    These are supported countries in Europe, I mistook Finland which is supported but they currently don't sell the Pixel 6/pro there as well as Norway. If you still don't believe it google "5G not supported in countries not supported by google", that's why for earlier models you had to install special modules with root to activate
    This does not show supported countries, rather countries where google has stores
    BS!
    That's Google issue.
    Otherwise why does latest iPhone supports 5g in my country but pixel doesn't?
    i think the problem lies elsewhere. i found all carriers in product/etc/carriersettings

in the folder all in .pb files and each one of the supported carriers in listed countries have separate files even more separate profile for 5 g ( such as att_us.pb att5g_us.pb att5gsa_us.pb). while i only found my country in others.pb which contains a lot of unlisted countries but all in very short details not like the separate file. if someone with knowledge enough to create or modify these carrier files then i think it might be possible for 5g to work with the carrier
    What do you mean with "unlisted country"? It's your carriers choice whether or not he activates VoLTE/5G and whether or not he supports your phone, so why not talk to your carrier why they don't support the new P6?
    Yes, the phones support 5G and those features but google "geo locks" them to the countries it has a google store on. If you dont live in one of those countries then you dont get 5G/LTE+/VoLTE/VoWIFI etc..

Also have talked to technicians in the carrier in my country as others have done and it comes down to google intentionally doing this. This is why countries where google have recently opened up a store there suddenly got these features working.

Its quite sad not enough people are calling out google for essentially locking people from basic features in 2022.
    What do you mean with "unlisted country"? It's your carriers choice whether or not he activates VoLTE/5G and whether or not he supports your phone, so why not talk to your carrier why they don't support the new P6?
    No, google blocks 5G and volte in unsupported countries, i.e. countries where it is not officially sold, e.g. Czech Republic, Finland, Poland, Croatia etc.,
    No, google blocks 5G and volte in unsupported countries, i.e. countries where it is not officially sold, e.g. Czech Republic, Finland, Poland, Croatia etc.,
    Well, the man over you just said that it works in Norway, and Google doesn't sell the Pixel 6 in Norway*. So what you say can't be true. So either the man over you is lying, or it's indeed a carrier issue and not a Google one.

*at least according to googles official Support Site listing the countries where Google sells their new phones & a quick Google search I did
    -> https://newsbeezer.com/norwayeng/pixel-6-is-not-coming-to-norway/