• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Has anyone rooted our device ?

Search This thread

gemini16

Dec 23, 2009
hanoi
@gemini16

I saw some items that may be causing your offmode charging issue. Please try this build and let me know what happens when offmode charging.

Your TEST3 stuck on logo battery with lighting icon only, no battery percentage(animated charging icon) when in offmode charging, even unplug charger cable, it's still stuck.
With your TEST2 show logo then battery percentage(animated charging icon), but if screen is off, it can't be wake by pressing power button to see percentage again, have to press and hold power and vol - button same time to reboot, or just unplug charger cable from phone then power on normal. I think about deepsleep problem maybe.

Attachments

• recovery.log
    16.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Your TEST3 stuck on logo battery with lighting icon only, no battery percentage(animated charging icon) when in offmode charging, even unplug charger cable, it's still stuck.
With your TEST2 show logo then battery percentage(animated charging icon), but if screen is off, it can't be wake by pressing power button to see percentage again, have to press and hold power and vol - button same time to reboot, or just unplug charger cable from phone then power on normal. I think about deepsleep problem maybe.
Thank you for your feedback. I made a minor adjustment. Please try this version and let me know if the behavior changes.

Attachments

• twrp-3.1.0-0_CPTB-TEST4-htc_a16dwgl.img
    13.3 MB · Views: 325
Reactions: HTC Desire xxx

sbala21401

May 10, 2016
Thank you for your feedback. I made a minor adjustment. Please try this version and let me know if the behavior changes.

Hi,
Downgraded my OS to mainver: 1.00.400.3 and got an OTA Update of mainver: 1.02.400.1
I am uploading OTA_A16_DWGL_M60_DESIRE_SENSE70GP_HTC_India_SEA_1.02.400.1-1.00.400.3_release_48410349nt8fc5csg0jqpa.zip and will post the link soon.

Thanks,

bala

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

Hi,

I lost all files inside persist folder and my wifi and bluetooth is not working.
Can someone dd and post all partitions except system and userdata so that i can compare it with mine and find out what is wrong.
Thanks

Bala

gemini16

Dec 23, 2009
hanoi
I lost all files inside persist folder and my wifi and bluetooth is not working.
Can someone dd and post all partitions except system and userdata so that i can compare it with mine and find out what is wrong.
Thanks

Bala

Persist folder don't show anything. If your baseband is ok then i think it's hardware problem like mine, maybe.
@Captain_Throwback: do you have any provement need to test? Your TEST2 work fine except deepsleep in offmode charging.

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Persist folder don't show anything. If your baseband is ok then i think it's hardware problem like mine, maybe.
@Captain_Throwback: do you have any provement need to test? Your TEST2 work fine except deepsleep in offmode charging.
No, just stick with TEST 2. I'm out of ideas for that. Without a device there's only so much I can do.

Reactions: gemini16

sbala21401

May 10, 2016
I still hope it is not hardware. It happened only after ota. I have seen htc 630 has some files in persist folder. Can someone with root and working wifi check and confirm?

Thanks,

Bala

prmbasheer

Jun 12, 2013
Saskatoon
Did anyone get S-off on HTC 630?

Can I ask why you looking for S-Off? I too was but don't require it anymore. If you want to get rid of system apps that you don;t need, then you can achieve that with TWRP in-built file manager.
I looked at SunShine and looks like the app can perform S-Off in this device but you need to pay USD25. That's 1/5 of the device cost :). I am fine without S-off.

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

Tnx Captain...u r awesome..now my phone is rooted and also i'm running kali linux nethunter on my android...but in kali nethunter have some error...if u can port a kali nethunter for this device...I know i'm talking like greedy man..but if u have time then plzz try to port kali nethunter for this device....Thanks u very very much for all of your help and support...Thankssssss <3

Can you please let me know on the utility of kali linux nethunter? What is it for? and how to install it?

BTW, does xposed work in our device and what are the modules that work trouble free for this device?

skshakeel

Nov 23, 2016
Can I ask why you looking for S-Off? I too was but don't require it anymore. If you want to get rid of system apps that you don;t need, then you can achieve that with TWRP in-built file manager.
I looked at SunShine and looks like the app can perform S-Off in this device but you need to pay USD25. That's 1/5 of the device cost :). I am fine without S-off.

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

Can you please let me know on the utility of kali linux nethunter? What is it for? and how to install it?

BTW, does xposed work in our device and what are the modules that work trouble free for this device?
Kali Linux is a penetration testing debian linux based OS...it has pre installed many real hacking tools on it...Now you can install kali linux as Kali NetHunter on your android device...I installed it on our android device...I need s-off to create symlink of kali nethunter to system/bin.. old kali works great but when I update it it doesn't work because symlink are autoremove from system for that I need S-off on htc desire 630

skshakeel

Nov 23, 2016
Here are some screen shot of my Kali NetHunter on htc desire 630 :cowboy::cowboy:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170326-112840.png
    Screenshot_20170326-112840.png
    197.5 KB · Views: 213
  • Screenshot_20170326-112848.png
    Screenshot_20170326-112848.png
    88.2 KB · Views: 213
  • Screenshot_20170326-112901.png
    Screenshot_20170326-112901.png
    44.9 KB · Views: 211
  • Screenshot_20170326-112917.png
    Screenshot_20170326-112917.png
    86.3 KB · Views: 183
  • Screenshot_20170326-112939.png
    Screenshot_20170326-112939.png
    240.1 KB · Views: 189

prmbasheer

Jun 12, 2013
Saskatoon
Kali Linux is a penetration testing debian linux based OS...it has pre installed many real hacking tools on it...Now you can install kali linux as Kali NetHunter on your android device...I installed it on our android device...I need s-off to create symlink of kali nethunter to system/bin.. old kali works great but when I update it it doesn't work because symlink are autoremove from system for that I need S-off on htc desire 630

Oh okay. Thanks for the information.

Top Liked Posts