Has anyone succeeded in repairing a bricked Poco M3?

Search This thread

KaMyKaSii

Feb 25, 2015
My M3 was working perfectly. I put it to restart and then it didn't turn on anymore. It is now only recognized as "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008" on Windows. I opened the phone and with some magical combination (remove/connect flat cables from the battery and display, connect the USB cable, press volume keys and short the test points) it started in fastboot. So I was able to flash the "fastboot ROM". Unfortunately, on the next boot it still does not turn on normally. Has anyone succeeded in repairing the Poco M3? In Mi Flash is requested an authenticated account to flash through it, is it worth paying someone to provide the account? Does anyone have the contact of someone who makes cheap? Any help is welcome, thank you!

vinzikidz

Sep 9, 2014
me too. after i reboot my poco m3. it came to black and wont boot up. i google everything, the only need to flash is to modified the firehose. badly needed.

vinzikidz

Sep 9, 2014
My M3 was working perfectly. I put it to restart and then it didn't turn on anymore. It is now only recognized as "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008" on Windows. I opened the phone and with some magical combination (remove/connect flat cables from the battery and display, connect the USB cable, press volume keys and short the test points) it started in fastboot. So I was able to flash the "fastboot ROM". Unfortunately, on the next boot it still does not turn on normally. Has anyone succeeded in repairing the Poco M3? In Mi Flash is requested an authenticated account to flash through it, is it worth paying someone to provide the account? Does anyone have the contact of someone who makes cheap? Any help is welcome, thank you!
how do you get into fastboot?? i tried mine but it wont boot in fastboot. i'm stuck in QDLoader.

Christanval

Jan 3, 2021
my phone has bricked with UBL condition and i flash whole partition with twrp and magisk to solve the heating problem now its alive again

Minoda86

Mar 8, 2017
Malaysia
POCO M3
I just wait till the battery totally discharge and then plug in the charger,sofar been through this problem for 2x,the first one for 2 days and 5 days for later because the battery was full.
This happens when Im restarting the device and now even there is a new update,Im still scare to update my device to the latest firmware incase it wont boot again.
Should I try to update or nah,guys?

yankee77

Sep 2, 2012
Quezon City
I just wait till the battery totally discharge and then plug in the charger,sofar been through this problem for 2x,the first one for 2 days and 5 days for later because the battery was full.
This happens when Im restarting the device and now even there is a new update,Im still scare to update my device to the latest firmware incase it wont boot again.
do not try to update it... i tried 3 times their own ota update broke the phone os which makes it unable to go to recovery or fastboot. i will try and see if i can update firmware and fix itself

Minoda86

Mar 8, 2017
Malaysia
POCO M3
do not try to update it... i tried 3 times their own ota update broke the phone os which makes it unable to go to recovery or fastboot. i will try and see if i can update firmware and fix itself
I did update it and now my phone wont boot at all,after the battery hits 1%,it just wont do anything and its been 2 weeks,pc does detect it as qualcom loader but flashing without auth wont work,Im just waiting for firehose file for this stupid phone.People with auth asking for $30 for fixing it but without guarantee that it will work,what a joke.
So did you fix your phone?

Minoda86

Mar 8, 2017
Malaysia
POCO M3
Yeahhh,my phone finally boot up!
But sadly the latest update failed to install.Guess I should just wait until someone patch the firehose file and try not to update until then.Fingercross!

vinzikidz

Sep 9, 2014
i fixed the deadboot issue. but it wont fix the restart deadboot. try to flash every region and version firmware both recovery and fastboot. the problem still there.

vinzikidz

Sep 9, 2014
how did u fix deadboot can you elaborate? how did you flash from edl ?
sorry, there's is no tutorial for this and it has a quite process. you just need to throttle the proc temperature of your phone board using hot blower or any device you have. while your phone is in high temp. both pin board and battery is in unplug hold vol down then put back the board pin and battery pin at the same time. it will vibrate and fastboot will be fine.

Reactions: Alvian_P

KaMyKaSii

Feb 25, 2015
Guys this is my procedure to turn on the phone:

I can make it turn on Android after messing with the battery and sub-board cables but this is just a workahound, trying to turn it on normally through the power button always makes it turn on in edl mode

But opening the device voids the warranty, so anyone who has access to a repair center is better off asking for the warranty

What to do:
1. Disconnect the battery cable and the secondary board cable.
2. Connect charger.
3. Hold the power button.
4. Connect the secondary board cable and quickly connect the battery cable.
5. Release the power button when the device vibrates.

It doesn't always work the first time, you may need several tries to get it

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys this is my procedure to turn on the phone:

I can make it turn on Android after messing with the battery and sub-board cables but this is just a workahound, trying to turn it on normally through the power button always makes it turn on in edl mode

But opening the device voids the warranty, so anyone who has access to a repair center is better off asking for the warranty

What to do:
    1. Disconnect the battery cable and the secondary board cable.
    2. Connect charger.
    3. Hold the power button.
    4. Connect the secondary board cable and quickly connect the battery cable.
    5. Release the power button when the device vibrates.

It doesn't always work the first time, you may need several tries to get it
    How about custom roms,did you try it?
    I've been waiting for this m3 patched m3 firehose edl no auth file to surface on the web but still no luck.I just want to unlock my bootloader.
    This problem started to happen to me while I was running Crdroid. A couple of weeks earlier when it was still in the stock ROM I had installed update 12.0.8. Install custom ROM does not solve the problem. Although it appears to be an issue created by an update, it's not simply a software issue, it's a problem that was bound to happen. If that weren't so, Poco's repair centers would only be repairing the system of the devices that arrive there and not entirely replacing the main board. I also have a suspicion that this issue is happening with a specific manufacturing batch. Mine and those of people I know with the same problem were manufactured in 2020.11. I would like everyone here with this problem to say the date of manufacture of your M3, you can read this information on the box.
    Mr. sarabbafrani Hello,I am very happy to hear that you have successfully repaired 100+ machines, I would like to ask you which part of the motherboard is damaged by this problem, and which repair procedure is what, is it convenient to inform everyone?
    no pmic also motherboard is healthy do not attack your MB. :))
    i will post the fix just wait