• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Has anyone succeeded in repairing a bricked Poco M3?

Search This thread

gasleak08

Feb 9, 2021
sorry, there's is no tutorial for this and it has a quite process. you just need to throttle the proc temperature of your phone board using hot blower or any device you have. while your phone is in high temp. both pin board and battery is in unplug hold vol down then put back the board pin and battery pin at the same time. it will vibrate and fastboot will be fine.
Guys this is my procedure to turn on the phone:

I can make it turn on Android after messing with the battery and sub-board cables but this is just a workahound, trying to turn it on normally through the power button always makes it turn on in edl mode

But opening the device voids the warranty, so anyone who has access to a repair center is better off asking for the warranty

What to do:
1. Disconnect the battery cable and the secondary board cable.
2. Connect charger.
3. Hold the power button.
4. Connect the secondary board cable and quickly connect the battery cable.
It doesn't always work the first time, you may need several tries to get it
both procedure not work on mine, probably because i remember i tried to re-flash my device via edl using miracle crack software, then happen partitions got formatted that time, now im trying to flash parttions manual but keep getting error, has anyone know to flash partitons manual, qdloader 9008 is only detected in my pc

Alvian_P

Sep 28, 2013
Jakarta
www.facebook.com
both procedure not work on mine, probably because i remember i tried to re-flash my device via edl using miracle crack software, then happen partitions got formatted that time, now im trying to flash parttions manual but keep getting error, has anyone know to flash partitons manual, qdloader 9008 is only detected in my pc
this video show flash with qdloader 9008, but I have not try

KaMyKaSii

Feb 25, 2015
but before update OTA my poco is fine, im not sure hardware fail
Everyone's M3 was fine, until it wasn't anymore. Some started earlier than others, in different versions. I've already downgraded to multiple versions via fastboot and nothing has fixed the problem. As I said, so far the only solution is to change the main board. And maybe even with the new main board the problem will come back in the future, no one knows

lestatab

Mar 25, 2016
same problem, after an ota update, black screen and shows Qualcomm hs-usb qdloader 9008. what I do is wait until the battery runs out, then put it to charge and it starts normally ... but if I reboot, it gets stuck again in Qualcomm hs-usb qdloader 9008. If battery drains and connect to pc ans press Volume - and Power, boots to fastboot, but i cant flash with XiaomiFlash cus EDL. Wherever, i unlook bootloader with xiaomi tool in fastboot mode, now i cant boots to fastboot but still boots normally after drain an plug to charge.

Minoda86

Mar 8, 2017
Malaysia
POCO M3
Everyone's M3 was fine, until it wasn't anymore. Some started earlier than others, in different versions. I've already downgraded to multiple versions via fastboot and nothing has fixed the problem. As I said, so far the only solution is to change the main board. And maybe even with the new main board the problem will come back in the future, no one knows
How about custom roms,did you try it?
I've been waiting for this m3 patched m3 firehose edl no auth file to surface on the web but still no luck.I just want to unlock my bootloader.

KaMyKaSii

Feb 25, 2015
I've been waiting for this m3 patched m3 firehose edl no auth file to surface on the web but still no luck.I just want to unlock my bootloader.
This problem started to happen to me while I was running Crdroid. A couple of weeks earlier when it was still in the stock ROM I had installed update 12.0.8. Install custom ROM does not solve the problem. Although it appears to be an issue created by an update, it's not simply a software issue, it's a problem that was bound to happen. If that weren't so, Poco's repair centers would only be repairing the system of the devices that arrive there and not entirely replacing the main board. I also have a suspicion that this issue is happening with a specific manufacturing batch. Mine and those of people I know with the same problem were manufactured in 2020.11. I would like everyone here with this problem to say the date of manufacture of your M3, you can read this information on the box.

lestatab

Mar 25, 2016
I tried flashing the rom 12.0.9.0 with unlook bootloader, dont work, after that, I flash V12.0.1.0 to downgrade, not work. now Im waiting to drain battery to get fastboot and try to flash a custom recovery and some custom rom, but I havent hope, maybe is a hardware problema by the ota update

MiniSniper

Jul 14, 2019
Plovdiv
POCO M3
This problem started to happen to me while I was running Crdroid. A couple of weeks earlier when it was still in the stock ROM I had installed update 12.0.8. Install custom ROM does not solve the problem. Although it appears to be an issue created by an update, it's not simply a software issue, it's a problem that was bound to happen. If that weren't so, Poco's repair centers would only be repairing the system of the devices that arrive there and not entirely replacing the main board. I also have a suspicion that this issue is happening with a specific manufacturing batch. Mine and those of people I know with the same problem were manufactured in 2020.11. I would like everyone here with this problem to say the date of manufacture of your M3, you can read this information on the box.
My phone does not boot. It only shows a black screen when I plugged it into my pc yesterday it showed up as qusb_bulk and after i installed mi flash it showed up as adb interface. (It worked fine for 3 weeks after updating it to miui 12.0.9.0)
After one day it shows up as Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008
Should I try flashing it with mi flash or it will become even worse.
Mine was made in 2020.12

Last edited:

MiniSniper

Jul 14, 2019
Plovdiv
POCO M3
sorry, there's is no tutorial for this and it has a quite process. you just need to throttle the proc temperature of your phone board using hot blower or any device you have. while your phone is in high temp. both pin board and battery is in unplug hold vol down then put back the board pin and battery pin at the same time. it will vibrate and fastboot will be fine.
Is that a permanent fix ?

Reactions: daneza24

MiniSniper

Jul 14, 2019
Plovdiv
POCO M3

I can make it turn on Android after messing with the battery and sub-board cables but this is just a workahound, trying to turn it on normally through the power button always makes it turn on in edl mode

But opening the device voids the warranty, so anyone who has access to a repair center is better off asking for the warranty

What to do:
2. Connect charger.
Thank you that worked for me.
I have a question if I turn off the phone to connect the fingerprint cable will it get stuck on the black screen again if yes is it safe to connect the fingerprint cable while the phone is on ?

KaMyKaSii

Feb 25, 2015
Thank you that worked for me.
I have a question if I turn off the phone to connect the fingerprint cable will it get stuck on the black screen again if yes is it safe to connect the fingerprint cable while the phone is on ?
The fingerprint sensor is not recognized when connected with the phone turned on. Unfortunately you will have to repeat the process again. What I recommend is you plug it in with the phone turned on, put it to reboot and then instantly hold down the power button so there's a chance the device will turn on normally right away. But if it goes past 20 seconds and it doesn't turn on, then you'll have to remove the cables and repeat the process

MiniSniper

Jul 14, 2019
Plovdiv
POCO M3
The fingerprint sensor is not recognized when connected with the phone turned on. Unfortunately you will have to repeat the process again. What I recommend is you plug it in with the phone turned on, put it to reboot and then instantly hold down the power button so there's a chance the device will turn on normally right away. But if it goes past 20 seconds and it doesn't turn on, then you'll have to remove the cables and repeat the process
Have you tried doing this
?

MiniSniper

Jul 14, 2019
Plovdiv
POCO M3
Do you think updating it to V12.0.10.0 will fix the issue ?

KaMyKaSii

Feb 25, 2015
Have you tried doing this
?
I tried but since I only have a hair dryer, I was afraid to heat up other components and end up ruining the board totally. Right after doing that, the device didn't want to turn on (not even in edl mode), so I was scared, but after a while it started automatically turning on in the offline charging screen every time I plugged in the charger (a good sign). But unfortunately the problem of entering edl mode has returned. And I did the update to 12.0.10, the problem still exists

MiniSniper

Jul 14, 2019
Plovdiv
POCO M3
I tried but since I only have a hair dryer, I was afraid to heat up other components and end up ruining the board totally. Right after doing that, the device didn't want to turn on (not even in edl mode), so I was scared, but after a while it started automatically turning on in the offline charging screen every time I plugged in the charger (a good sign). But unfortunately the problem of entering edl mode has returned. And I did the update to 12.0.10, the problem still exists
Ok thanks for the info.
Also thank you very much for the workaround !
Hope someone finds a fix.

Minoda86

Mar 8, 2017
Malaysia
POCO M3
Wel,for me its started after 12.0.6 update.Yeah,mine are manufactured on 2020.11 too and I notice many of the device affected by this issue were Cool Blue in colours.Maybe its true its could be the hardware problem but Im still gonna wait for the firehose file to see if it does help fixing this issue and just for experiment.And last one,have you tried flashing in edl mode other than fastboot method?
Thanks for replying,good day!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i did nothing but wait for Error Message which stated that my Account is Not allowed Like in Screenshot Post #60 above
    Managed to turn on my phone . Thank you for sharing a method. It didnt work but thanks.

What to do:
    2. Connect charger.
    5. Release the power button when the device vibrates.

I just wait till the battery totally discharge and then plug in the charger,sofar been through this problem for 2x,the first one for 2 days and 5 days for later because the battery was full.
    This happens when Im restarting the device and now even there is a new update,Im still scare to update my device to the latest firmware incase it wont boot again.
    Should I try to update or nah,guys?
    how did u fix deadboot can you elaborate? how did you flash from edl ?
    Is that a permanent fix ?