• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Has anyone succeeded in repairing a bricked Poco M3?

Search This thread

KaMyKaSii

Feb 25, 2015
Wel,for me its started after 12.0.6 update.Yeah,mine are manufactured on 2020.11 too and I notice many of the device affected by this issue were Cool Blue in colours.Maybe its true its could be the hardware problem but Im still gonna wait for the firehose file to see if it does help fixing this issue and just for experiment.And last one,have you tried flashing in edl mode other than fastboot method?
Thanks for replying,good day!
I didn't flash through edl, but I talked to someone who did and it didn't solve the problem. I've also seen comments on YouTube from other people stating that edl flash doesn't work

LR7875

Jun 25, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad
Everyone's M3 was fine, until it wasn't anymore. Some started earlier than others, in different versions. I've already downgraded to multiple versions via fastboot and nothing has fixed the problem. As I said, so far the only solution is to change the main board. And maybe even with the new main board the problem will come back in the future, no one knows
Just out of curiosity, but is it that what occurred is an update from miui ota, completely stock, literally snapped the snapdragon and fried the device(Xiaomi rubbish Devs)? And did anyone here recovered their device?

MiniSniper

Jul 14, 2019
Plovdiv
POCO M3
Just out of curiosity, but is it that what occurred is an update from miui ota, completely stock, literally snapped the snapdragon and fried the device(Xiaomi rubbish Devs)? And did anyone here recovered their device?
Yep it was an ota update.
The device is not completely dead but in order to start android you will need to do a work around.
If you restart your poco you will have to do the work around again

karim.dja

Jul 28, 2021
Well it's either that Xiaomi finds a fix or the community. If either of those cant find a fix. Then we can't do anything. For now all we can do is hope for the best.
bro i just wanna inform u that xiaomi will never fix it so don't wait ...., also guys there some tools to flash poco m3 in edl mode but not for free , i know this tools but i'm just waiting for a free ways to do it

sergej_7

May 22, 2012
what I did was starting Mi flash with save userdata and Just leave the window for Xiaomi account Login Open, it took about 1000 Seconds until an Error appeared but Afterwards I was able to reboot the Phone manually. After that I started latest Update and the Phone shutdown to start the Update it went again to edl Mode, i connected it again to Mi flash and again started flash Procedure with Option save userdata (the middle one) waited again about 1000 Seconds until Error appeared booted Phone manually it started to update and all worked Well. tried shutting down Phone today and rebooting it doesnt Go to edl anymore.

For me the Phone started going to edl (showing com 3 in Mi flash Tool) after it discharged completely.

Last edited:

Minoda86

Mar 8, 2017
Malaysia
POCO M3
what I did was starting Mi flash with save userdata and Just leave the window for Xiaomi account Login Open, it took about 1000 Seconds until an Error appeared but Afterwards I was able to reboot the Phone manually. After that I started latest Update and the Phone shutdown to start the Update it went again to edl Mode, i connected it again to Mi flash and again started flash Procedure with Option save userdata (the middle one) waited again about 1000 Seconds until Error appeared booted Phone manually it started to update and all worked Well. tried shutting down Phone today and rebooting it doesnt Go to edl anymore.

For me the Phone started going to edl (showing com 3 in Mi flash Tool) after it discharged completely.
Do we need to login with xiaomi account or just let it be?.And does the phone need to discharged completely?.Im gonna try this and lets just hope this works.Thanks for the info.

sergej_7

May 22, 2012
Do we need to login with xiaomi account or just let it be?.And does the phone need to discharged completely?.Im gonna try this and lets just hope this works.Thanks for the info.
i did not Login in the Background it showed flashing for about 1000s but according to Log nothing was flashed of course but maybe some command is send that revives the phone from being in edl after Error. mine still works. For two days I thought it's dead forever 😂 my Phone was at 29% one time and the other time it was completely discharged

KaMyKaSii

Feb 25, 2015

When starting the flash in MiFlash, the program sends the programmer to the device and then the device informs the program that authentication is required and wait. By letting the time run out, it means that no flash was actually done, so it doesn't matter if you set "flash all except userdata" or "clean all and lock". But maybe this really is a workahound to make the device turn on. To reboot the device afterwards, did you simply hold the power button? I'll try it next time I need to restart

sergej_7

May 22, 2012
When starting the flash in MiFlash, the program sends the programmer to the device and then the device informs the program that authentication is required and wait. By letting the time run out, it means that no flash was actually done, so it doesn't matter if you set "flash all except userdata" or "clean all and lock". But maybe this really is a workahound to make the device turn on. To reboot the device afterwards, did you simply hold the power button? I'll try it next time I need to restart
yes I just held the Power Button until Poco Logo appeared

Reactions: Minoda86

Minoda86

Mar 8, 2017
Malaysia
POCO M3
i did not Login in the Background it showed flashing for about 1000s but according to Log nothing was flashed of course but maybe some command is send that revives the phone from being in edl after Error. mine still works. For two days I thought it's dead forever 😂 my Phone was at 29% one time and the other time it was completely discharged
Thanks for the reply,didnt try yet because my pc being crazy after the latest win10 update,had to format it,lol

sergej_7

May 22, 2012
My Mother's Poco M3 had the same Issue now. It discharged completely and went into EDL. This happens on MIUI Global 12.0.9.0 (QJFEUXM). By using my instructions on #54 I could also get this Poco M3 out of EDL and update it to MIUI Global 12.0.10.0 (QJFEUXM). After updating the issue is gone.

Attachments

• MiFlash.png
    MiFlash.png
    134.8 KB · Views: 149

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mr. sarabbafrani Hello,I am very happy to hear that you have successfully repaired 100+ machines, I would like to ask you which part of the motherboard is damaged by this problem, and which repair procedure is what, is it convenient to inform everyone?
    no pmic also motherboard is healthy do not attack your MB. :))
    i will post the fix just wait
    I hope you are saying the truth. my brother just bought poco m3, after reboot it does not boot. the bad thing is I told my younger brother to reboot and see what happens and the phone had 89% charge left. now I have to wait for 4-5 days for the phone to discharge itself.
    disassemble the phone (youtube).
    remove battery.
    disconnect cameras.
    just make cold or warm whole mainboard
    then replug battery. boot phone with 5v charger
    use it without powering off or reboot manually till i tell you exactly capacitor that is short. everyone can do this fix in home. trust me bro 😉
    Thanks @sarabbafrani your steps work, Is it permanent fix or a firmware update can fix this ?
    Guys this is my procedure to turn on the phone:

I can make it turn on Android after messing with the battery and sub-board cables but this is just a workahound, trying to turn it on normally through the power button always makes it turn on in edl mode

But opening the device voids the warranty, so anyone who has access to a repair center is better off asking for the warranty

What to do:
    1. Disconnect the battery cable and the secondary board cable.
    2. Connect charger.
    3. Hold the power button.
    4. Connect the secondary board cable and quickly connect the battery cable.
    5. Release the power button when the device vibrates.

It doesn't always work the first time, you may need several tries to get it
    How about custom roms,did you try it?
    I've been waiting for this m3 patched m3 firehose edl no auth file to surface on the web but still no luck.I just want to unlock my bootloader.
    This problem started to happen to me while I was running Crdroid. A couple of weeks earlier when it was still in the stock ROM I had installed update 12.0.8. Install custom ROM does not solve the problem. Although it appears to be an issue created by an update, it's not simply a software issue, it's a problem that was bound to happen. If that weren't so, Poco's repair centers would only be repairing the system of the devices that arrive there and not entirely replacing the main board. I also have a suspicion that this issue is happening with a specific manufacturing batch. Mine and those of people I know with the same problem were manufactured in 2020.11. I would like everyone here with this problem to say the date of manufacture of your M3, you can read this information on the box.
    I just wait till the battery totally discharge and then plug in the charger,sofar been through this problem for 2x,the first one for 2 days and 5 days for later because the battery was full.
    This happens when Im restarting the device and now even there is a new update,Im still scare to update my device to the latest firmware incase it wont boot again.
    Should I try to update or nah,guys?
    Mr. sarabbafrani Hello,I am very happy to hear that you have successfully repaired 100+ machines, I would like to ask you which part of the motherboard is damaged by this problem, and which repair procedure is what, is it convenient to inform everyone?
    no pmic also motherboard is healthy do not attack your MB. :))
    i will post the fix just wait
    Thanks @sarabbafrani your steps work, Is it permanent fix or a firmware update can fix this ?