• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Has anyone succeeded in repairing a bricked Poco M3?

Search This thread

rezkiadsl

Aug 26, 2021
Hi Everyone, Just wanted to share the solution that we found out. My Friend had his Poco M3 Bricked, dead boot. No recovery, No display(totally black screen) and when I plug it in via USB it shows "

Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 "​

Been here about a month ago hoping that there is a solution. We tried the rubber band Method(See the attached image how to do it) you just need a cotton buds and a rubber band. Just place the tip of the cotton bud into the power button and secure it with rubber band 2 knots. So it's pressing the power button that way it's draining the battery it took him 2 days to drain it, But once the battery is drained the Charging Icon will display in the screen. And you can charge it and wait for it to boot up. This worked for my Xiaomi Redmi 9T and my Friend Poco M3 bot uses MIUI 12. After it boot again try to Avoid restarting it and Shutting it down so this may never happen Again.
Hello,
yes it works but when I load it but the icon disappears and then nothing

sergej_7

May 22, 2012
random edl is also happening on Pixel 3 and Pixel 3XL

I have another Poco M3 which went to edl after discharging. will record a video of my reviving solution today.

Edit:
So I tested all day and tried to get it on camera and appearently mi flashtool had nothing to do with my phones booting out of edl. Because I tried to flash with mi flashtool the battery just discharged completly and after that it went on and showed the lightning logo. Mi Flash Tool only lead to a faster discharge since I have rebooted the phone multiple times. back to square one...

Edit 2:
this time I got a different charger Logo when trying to Boot after starting the latest Update. after many attempts the Phone rebooted without updating OS. Will try again until Update goes through

Attachments

• IMG_20210902_091519665.MP.jpg
    IMG_20210902_091519665.MP.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 52
Last edited:

the1stgeek

Aug 5, 2021
Lagos
wow
My Mother's Poco M3 had the same Issue now. It discharged completely and went into EDL. This happens on MIUI Global 12.0.9.0 (QJFEUXM). By using my instructions on #54 I could also get this Poco M3 out of EDL and update it to MIUI Global 12.0.10.0 (QJFEUXM). After updating the issue is gone.
wow, if you don't mind could you highlight all the steps you took? I'd like to try this as well.

Right now, the phone is in EDL mode. what should I do next?

sergej_7

May 22, 2012
wow

wow, if you don't mind could you highlight all the steps you took? I'd like to try this as well.

Right now, the phone is in EDL mode. what should I do next?
it was just coincidence. both phones were completely discharged that's why they turned on again. the third Poco that I tried to Update never booted again so I dont recommend to Update even though the update kind of repaired two m3 for me

edit: the third poco m3 booted. i have send a video in telegram group how i managed to boot it. but after update the deadboot problem is still present. will make use of warranty

Last edited:

Ai_Compare

Sep 1, 2021
Hello everyone! It looks like I'm having the same problem as everyone else, I'm also experiencing the phone not booting properly in Qualcomm 9008 mode after a reboot

Look here:https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...se-and-requests-a-data-rescue-method.4327757/

My Redmi Note 9 4G phone is made in mainland China, Android patch update is around December 2020, system version 12.0.6 or so (can't remember exactly), purchased on January 23, 2021 from Jingdong Mall.
The first time I long pressed the power button, it worked, he successfully started, the familiar boot logo
After several days of use, all software, functions and hardware are running normally
When I rebooted again a few days later, the same thing, this time more difficult to start, I think we should go to the community to find some solutions

When the phone was first purchased, the reboot was normal at that time after many tests
I don't know what the problem is, about six months later, suddenly encountered reboot into Qualcomm 9008 mode, trapped, it is difficult to switch to the normal boot-up program

Last edited:

Ai_Compare

Sep 1, 2021
it was just coincidence. both phones were completely discharged that's why they turned on again. the third Poco that I tried to Update never booted again so I dont recommend to Update even though the update kind of repaired two m3 for me

edit: the third poco m3 booted. i have send a video in telegram group how i managed to boot it. but after update the deadboot problem is still present. will make use of warranty
Mr. sergej_7 Hello,Our local network does not allow access to telegram software, so I can not watch your video, I also encountered a similar situation, also a similar device (Redmi Note 9 4G ≈ POCO M3), I also want to learn or try the solution in the video, you conveniently through Google Drive or other appropriate way, share it to everyone to see

sergej_7

May 22, 2012
Mr. sergej_7 Hello,Our local network does not allow access to telegram software, so I can not watch your video, I also encountered a similar situation, also a similar device (Redmi Note 9 4G ≈ POCO M3), I also want to learn or try the solution in the video, you conveniently through Google Drive or other appropriate way, share it to everyone to see

the steps are as follows:

- let the phone completely discharge if your currently in EDL this may take hours or days depending on battery

- connect original charger with original cable and wait until lightning logo appears

(- Optional: click the power button to keep the screen awake until phone boots)

- wait until phone boots to MIUI

Note: It can take many attempts to get the phone booting. i spend probably about 4 days until the phone booted successfully. On some phones updating to latest MIUI and factory resetting fixes deadboot temporary but it may return anytime. According to others the problem is a faulty PMIC.

The IMEI's which have deadboot problem all start with the following Numbers:

I will update the list of IMEI's if I gain more data on the matter or if someone will share the first parts of their IMEI here.

Ai_Compare

Sep 1, 2021

- let the phone completely discharge if your currently in EDL this may take hours or days depending on battery

- connect original charger with original cable and wait until lightning logo appears

Note: It can take many attempts to get the phone booting. i spend probably about 4 days until the phone booted successfully. On some phones updating to latest MIUI and factory resetting fixes deadboot temporary but it may return anytime. According to others the problem is a faulty PMIC.

I will update the list of IMEI's if I gain more data on the matter or if someone will share the first parts of their IMEI here.
Thank you very much for your reply
I IMEI is 8685 7405 8015 ***
Equipment model: M2010J19SC
China network access certificate number: 02-B324-203413
China License Link:https://jwxkjwgl.miit.gov.cn/showPhotos?lic=02-B324-203413&acceptId=20024378

Ai_Compare

Sep 1, 2021

Mr. sergej_7, your method did work, and he booted successfully
This is my second successful boot after the Qualcomm 9008 problem

I'll write the general method for the second time below for others

This method took me about half a month from the time the problem occurred to the time it started

Empty the battery
Charging icon appears
Charging to >= 1%
Keep the screen lit
Try to press and hold the power button several times until the MIUI boot logo appears

------------------->>>>

UTC+8 2021-09-16 23:02 Edit
I'm not sure if it's related to the SIM card slot, when I insert the SIM card slot at 50 % power and lock the screen, it seems that the notification in the SIM registration check flashes quickly, and then the screen goes black and does not light up

I wonder if this problem is related to the number of SIM cards + memory cards
My SIM card number = 2, two China Telecom SIM cards
256 G memory card = 1, a Kioxia brand EXCERIA PLUS, U3 grade

So I'm trying to wonder if the Qualcomm 9008 contacts are near the SIM card, and when the phone is inserted into the SIM and memory card slots, there is a chance that static electricity or something will be brought in, causing the 9008 contacts to be shorted successfully, putting the phone into 9008 mode

Last edited:

jyaki2

Sep 7, 2011
Hi Everyone, Just wanted to share the solution that we found out. My Friend had his Poco M3 Bricked, dead boot. No recovery, No display(totally black screen) and when I plug it in via USB it shows "

Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 "​

Been here about a month ago hoping that there is a solution. We tried the rubber band Method(See the attached image how to do it) you just need a cotton buds and a rubber band. Just place the tip of the cotton bud into the power button and secure it with rubber band 2 knots. So it's pressing the power button that way it's draining the battery it took him 2 days to drain it, But once the battery is drained the Charging Icon will display in the screen. And you can charge it and wait for it to boot up. This worked for my Xiaomi Redmi 9T and my Friend Poco M3 bot uses MIUI 12. After it boot again try to Avoid restarting it and Shutting it down so this may never happen Again.
Thank you, this mention of using cotton bud and band helps drain the battery faster so i can reboot the phone.

sergej_7

May 22, 2012
Mr. sarabbafrani Hello,I am very happy to hear that you have successfully repaired 100+ machines, I would like to ask you which part of the motherboard is damaged by this problem, and which repair procedure is what, is it convenient to inform everyone?

according to other users on the internet it's pmic that is faulty. only a repair or complete exchange will get rid of the problem forever otherwise discharge method is the only way to reboot affected devices. I'm currently awaiting the first warranty repair and will report which batch i will receive or if the service center will repair the motherboard. as soon as i get more information on the matter i will share it here. we can only hope that xiaomi will start a replacement program for this defect since this is clearly a manufacturing problem.

Note: you can open the transcript on youtube and hide the time stamps then you can translate everything in deepl if you want to quickly understand what the guy is talking about.

Last edited:

sarabbafrani

Dec 20, 2012
isfahan-iran
Mr. sarabbafrani Hello,I am very happy to hear that you have successfully repaired 100+ machines, I would like to ask you which part of the motherboard is damaged by this problem, and which repair procedure is what, is it convenient to inform everyone?
no pmic also motherboard is healthy do not attack your MB. :))
i will post the fix just wait

sarabbafrani

Dec 20, 2012
isfahan-iran
I think you are a troll. I have seen a few of your replies in which you said you have fixen the problem and will share a video. bu it still have not done that. I hope your intention is not to sell something because if that is so then you are breaking the rule 7 and 11.
i just tell the fix to one user: chegue4
you can ask him if im troll
im application manager at mobile company
i fixed this problem 3 month ago
i promised my company dont share any data about poco m3 till 22 october
i just asked to all poco m3 owners dont attack motherboard till the fix comes
its just short circuit...

cloudonthesky

Sep 19, 2021
i just tell the fix to one user: chegue4
you can ask him if im troll
im application manager at mobile company
i fixed this problem 3 month ago
i promised my company dont share any data about poco m3 till 22 october
i just asked to all poco m3 owners dont attack motherboard till the fix comes
its just short circuit...
I hope you are saying the truth. my brother just bought poco m3, after reboot it does not boot. the bad thing is I told my younger brother to reboot and see what happens and the phone had 89% charge left. now I have to wait for 4-5 days for the phone to discharge itself.

Top Liked Posts