Has anyone succeeded in repairing a bricked Poco M3?

Search This thread

eyedolise

Nov 15, 2021
Hello. I'm new to this post but I'll share my experience with the blank screen of death Poco M3. I've NEVER updated it for this same reason of becoming bricked. However, after using the phone for 6 months, I began to notice the phone got hot without me doing anything so I rebooted it, big mistake lol. It didn't come back on, apparently until the battery was fully drained! After going through this 5 times, I was still under warranty and wanted a new phone to be honest but the repairman actually fixed it. He removed a very small five sided metal enclosure on the chipboard which he said was preventing the current to power on the phone. No problems since, it works like normal. my contact info is on bit.ly/3tqhbhk

Sus_i

Apr 9, 2013

yeisson406

Sep 27, 2011
My M3 was working perfectly. I put it to restart and then it didn't turn on anymore. It is now only recognized as "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008" on Windows. I opened the phone and with some magical combination (remove/connect flat cables from the battery and display, connect the USB cable, press volume keys and short the test points) it started in fastboot. So I was able to flash the "fastboot ROM". Unfortunately, on the next boot it still does not turn on normally. Has anyone succeeded in repairing the Poco M3? In Mi Flash is requested an authenticated account to flash through it, is it worth paying someone to provide the account? Does anyone have the contact of someone who makes cheap? Any help is welcome, thank you!

Hello everyone, initially sorry for my English I use Google

My case: after an MIUI update it was blocked, the symptoms: it did not turn on, it did not enter Recovery, it did not enter Fastboot, nor did it load

What I did initially: search all the possible methods by Google and none worked, only disconnecting the battery worked so that at least it would charge; then I found the solution to let the battery drain completely and put it back to charge until 100% turned on but it was still stuck on an infinite reboot. I gave up the 7-month 4Gb / 128Gb equipment for lost, I tried to contact the warranty without any response ... Note: never use temperature methods to the chips, or to the board, or bridges, anything electronic.

If you recognize by usb on the pc, the driver: "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008" then this you should do:

The solution:

1- Simply disconnect the battery and the flex from the screen then reconnect them.
2- Now leave it like this for 8 days until the battery is completely drained (you should not do anything else, it will discharge itself)
3- After 8 days connect it to the original charger and let it charge for 5 minutes, without disconnecting the charger, click the power button and it should turn on normally as if nothing had happened; I know it seems like something funny or stupid, but that method worked for me, maybe it was luck, I don't know, I had been battling a solution for 3 months, I just wanted to eagerly share this solution before they damage their cell phones by doing experiments with their motherboards. I wish you luck.

Note 2: the phone was only uncovered to release the battery and screen flex, nothing more for that ok

yeisson406

Sep 27, 2011
Hello everyone, initially sorry for my English I use Google

Method 11-16-2021

My case: after an MIUI update it was blocked, the symptoms: it did not turn on, it did not enter Recovery, it did not enter Fastboot, nor did it load

What I did initially: search all the possible methods by Google and none worked, only disconnecting the battery worked so that at least it would charge; then I found the solution to let the battery drain completely and put it back to charge until 100% turned on but it was still stuck on an infinite reboot. I gave up the 7-month 4Gb / 128Gb equipment for lost, I tried to contact the warranty without any response ... Note: never use temperature methods to the chips, or to the board, or bridges, anything electronic.

If you recognize by usb on the pc, the driver: "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008" then this you should do:

The solution:

1- Simply disconnect the battery and the flex from the screen then reconnect them.
2- Now leave it like this for 8 days until the battery is completely drained (you should not do anything else, it will discharge itself)
3- After 8 days connect it to the original charger and let it charge for 5 minutes, without disconnecting the charger, click the power button and it should turn on normally as if nothing had happened; I know it seems like something funny or stupid, but that method worked for me, maybe it was luck, I don't know, I had been battling a solution for 3 months, I just wanted to eagerly share this solution before they damage their cell phones by doing experiments with their motherboards. I wish you luck.

Note 2: the phone was only uncovered to release the battery and screen flex, nothing more for that ok

Sus_i

Apr 9, 2013
The solution:

That isn't a fix, only a workarround in order to power on the phone.
Culprit is a shorting, inside the phone, which needs to be fixed, or the deadboot can happen anytime soon again.

ZoldierZ21

Chicos, este es mi procedimiento para encender el teléfono:

Puedo hacer que encienda Android después de jugar con la batería y los cables de la placa secundaria, pero esto es solo un truco, tratar de encenderlo normalmente a través del botón de encendido siempre hace que se encienda en modo edl

Pero abrir el dispositivo anula la garantía, por lo que es mejor que cualquier persona que tenga acceso a un centro de reparación solicite la garantía.

Qué hacer:
1. Desconecte el cable de la batería y el cable de la placa secundaria.
2. Conecte el cargador.
3. Mantenga presionado el botón de encendido.
4. Conecte el cable de la placa secundaria y conecte rápidamente el cable de la batería.
5. Suelte el botón de encendido cuando el dispositivo vibre.

No siempre funciona la primera vez, es posible que necesite varios intentos para conseguirlo.
[URL unfurl = "true"] https://drive.google.com/file/d/12OfCPzS2tSLr6uQ7BIp8x3_4gz2fYBnF/view?usp=drivesdk [/ URL]
tu metdo funciona pero hay problemas con esa actualizacion

Scammer 1D

Dec 13, 2021
I did. The problem seems to be in the capacitor at the charging cip. But before anything else, you should first try to disconnect the battery for a few minutes, then connect it back. If that didn't help you need to open and take the board out. Open and exposed the charger cip. Then by using a hot air gun, heat that area until the soldering melt. Do it carefully because if any of the components move, your screwed. Let it cool, and re assembly everything. Cross your fingers and push the power button for 2 minutes. If you did it correctly, it should work

Reactions: AlphaBravo

Koyje

Feb 28, 2022
Guys this is my procedure to turn on the phone:

I can make it turn on Android after messing with the battery and sub-board cables but this is just a workahound, trying to turn it on normally through the power button always makes it turn on in edl mode

But opening the device voids the warranty, so anyone who has access to a repair center is better off asking for the warranty

What to do:
1. Disconnect the battery cable and the secondary board cable.
2. Connect charger.
3. Hold the power button.
4. Connect the secondary board cable and quickly connect the battery cable.
5. Release the power button when the device vibrates.

It doesn't always work the first time, you may need several tries to get it
heyyy can u help me with my device?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys this is my procedure to turn on the phone:

I can make it turn on Android after messing with the battery and sub-board cables but this is just a workahound, trying to turn it on normally through the power button always makes it turn on in edl mode

But opening the device voids the warranty, so anyone who has access to a repair center is better off asking for the warranty

What to do:
    1. Disconnect the battery cable and the secondary board cable.
    2. Connect charger.
    3. Hold the power button.
    4. Connect the secondary board cable and quickly connect the battery cable.
    5. Release the power button when the device vibrates.

It doesn't always work the first time, you may need several tries to get it
    Mr. sarabbafrani Hello,I am very happy to hear that you have successfully repaired 100+ machines, I would like to ask you which part of the motherboard is damaged by this problem, and which repair procedure is what, is it convenient to inform everyone?
    no pmic also motherboard is healthy do not attack your MB. :))
    i will post the fix just wait
    I just wait till the battery totally discharge and then plug in the charger,sofar been through this problem for 2x,the first one for 2 days and 5 days for later because the battery was full.
    This happens when Im restarting the device and now even there is a new update,Im still scare to update my device to the latest firmware incase it wont boot again.
    Should I try to update or nah,guys?
    How about custom roms,did you try it?
    I've been waiting for this m3 patched m3 firehose edl no auth file to surface on the web but still no luck.I just want to unlock my bootloader.
    This problem started to happen to me while I was running Crdroid. A couple of weeks earlier when it was still in the stock ROM I had installed update 12.0.8. Install custom ROM does not solve the problem. Although it appears to be an issue created by an update, it's not simply a software issue, it's a problem that was bound to happen. If that weren't so, Poco's repair centers would only be repairing the system of the devices that arrive there and not entirely replacing the main board. I also have a suspicion that this issue is happening with a specific manufacturing batch. Mine and those of people I know with the same problem were manufactured in 2020.11. I would like everyone here with this problem to say the date of manufacture of your M3, you can read this information on the box.