Has anyone tried GSI on the G8 Play?

Search This thread

RandoMike

Feb 9, 2021
Just as I asked. I would like to know if anyone has made GSI work or at least tried (like me) to make it work.
Update: It IS possible to install Lineage OS GSI on the G8 Play. However, you will trigger a security error (nothing critical, since your phone will still boot up). To install it, you really need to flash the One Macro Firmware (evidently, your device can hard brick, but it's possible to fix it :D). Later, you can flash the Lineage rom through fastboot.

Even though it's possible to install it and even boot it, the rom is buggy. It would be wonderful if anyone who knows better developing than me would work on this device, which has been abandoned for so long...

Some bugs of this rom are:

1. Fingerprint sensor sometimes triggers volume up or down.
  2. The screen is not well adjusted, picture seems weird.
  3. Dm-verity error which will not allow the phone to boot unless you press the power button again.
  4. Bluetooth audio not working.
I have not tested the rom completely yet. However, I would like to get this forum revived again, with the possibility of "messing up" with the phone. It's not impossible, it just needs some attention :D

Ale001

May 20, 2018
You can flash a blank vbmeta image to disable security error this may help with some issues. good luck and thanks for your contribution to the device forum. (also, sorry for bad english)

RandoMike

Feb 9, 2021
You can flash a blank vbmeta image to disable security error this may help with some issues. good luck and thanks for your contribution to the device forum. (also, sorry for bad english)
I already tried that on the official ROM and it didn't work. I only get a DM-Verity error amd a bootloop when trying to boot Lineage, which can be solved if flashing the stock ROM again.

Top Liked Posts