Question Has anyone tried to enable AM Brdcast rcv on SC7731 (UIS8141) low-end units?

Search This thread

bigbop

Nov 18, 2005
Toronto
I recently purchased an iMars branded low-end (1-16) Android 8 head unit from Banggood and of course, immediately pulled it apart and took photos and made notes of the ICs, layout, etc.

I was looking all over the board for the broadcast band radio chip and found all antenna lines led to the CPU (GPS, WiFi & FM).

When I looked-up the specs for the UIS8141e - SC7731 uP, I saw it's an all-in-one SOC that also has GSM baseband modems.

So - my question is this:
If this chip is capable of receiving FM broadcast via a DSP in the uP chip, and I have seen on some other (Banggood) HU specs that units with AM capability specify the same processor (might be false Chinese description though) , is there a driver, app or other software that can enable AM bad receive on the SC7731?

Unfortunately, the SC7731 datasheet is sketchy on RF capability details.
I have searched XDA and 4PDA forums for details and found none (except Russia doesn't use AM radio).

Any ideas?

Thanks

I recently purchased an iMars branded low-end (1-16) Android 8 head unit from Banggood and of course, immediately pulled it apart and took photos and made notes of the ICs, layout, etc.

I was looking all over the board for the broadcast band radio chip and found all antenna lines led to the CPU (GPS, WiFi & FM).

When I looked-up the specs for the UIS8141e - SC7731 uP, I saw it's an all-in-one SOC that also has GSM baseband modems.

So - my question is this:
If this chip is capable of receiving FM broadcast via a DSP in the uP chip, and I have seen on some other (Banggood) HU specs that units with AM capability specify the same processor (might be false Chinese description though) , is there a driver, app or other software that can enable AM bad receive on the SC7731?

Unfortunately, the SC7731 datasheet is sketchy on RF capability details.
I have searched XDA and 4PDA forums for details and found none (except Russia doesn't use AM radio).

Any ideas?

I have a UIS8141e-SC7731. Tapping System Info pops up radiotype:F Si47xx_f474x(0).
this family of chips provide FM/AM some do Shortwave also. The specs for the AM look good but the reception is poor on the head unit I have. I suspect poor input circuitry from the ANT.

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
github.com
I have a UIS8141e-SC7731. Tapping System Info pops up radiotype:F Si47xx_f474x(0).
this family of chips provide FM/AM some do Shortwave also. The specs for the AM look good but the reception is poor on the head unit I have. I suspect poor input circuitry from the ANT.
Is your FM reception OK?
If not either you might need an antenna amplifyer.