Has Google disabled Magisk?

Search This thread

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
I installed a new ROM on my tablet and couldn't get Magisk to work, so I restored the ROM I was using previously. But Magisk wasn't working in it anymore. In researching the problem, it seems that Google has not only removed Magisk Manager from the Play Store, but also found a way to keep previously installed Magisk from granting root privileges.

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
I installed a new ROM on my tablet and couldn't get Magisk to work, so I restored the ROM I was using previously. But Magisk wasn't working in it anymore. In researching the problem, it seems that Google has not only removed Magisk Manager from the Play Store, but also found a way to keep previously installed Magisk from granting root privileges.
You don't get Magisk from the playstore but from the Magisk thread.

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
You don't get Magisk from the playstore but from the Magisk thread.

If you read my later post you'll see that I found that out and tried it. None of the versions work with the ROM based on Android 11. I have always just installed an the latest version Magisk.zip I happen to have handy and let it install Magisk Manager. Then I'd use Magisk Manager to update Magisk. That didn't work with the Android 11 ROM either. The update failed and the older version didn't root.