• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Have the firmware updates after WW .49 improved battery drain problem?

Search This thread
Thanks. I've upgraded to .86. Didn't know about changes to wakelock control. Is this added as a new setting the user can tweak?
I'm not sure if there are any user settings, but they have a new driver for it. Looks like better handling of the lights. They also made improvements to the charger, gpu, and game drivers. Seems like they are finally starting to optimize.

Andrologic

Apr 29, 2016
Huawei Mate 20 X
ASUS ROG Phone 3
I'm not sure if there are any user settings, but they have a new driver for it. Looks like better handling of the lights. They also made improvements to the charger, gpu, and game drivers. Seems like they are finally starting to optimize.

That's welcomed news! I do notice some improvements after updating and debloating. The GPU can be undervolted a bit too with good results. If they optimized the CPU to take it a bit easier when not under load, that might improve things further...

That's welcomed news! I do notice some improvements after updating and debloating. The GPU can be undervolted a bit too with good results. If they optimized the CPU to take it a bit easier when not under load, that might improve things further...

Ironically, they also improved the workload parameters. They may be working toward exactly that.

Beyond the description provided with the update, here are the code changes to the kernel from the last update

Andrologic

Apr 29, 2016
Huawei Mate 20 X
ASUS ROG Phone 3
Ironically, they also improved the workload parameters. They may be working toward exactly that.

Beyond the description provided with the update, here are the code changes to the kernel from the last update

Have you noticed weaker radios/reception with WW 86 ? It's as if mine does poor with data after updating, especially in areas with less than perfect signal compared to before

Top Liked Posts