Have you heard? 2016 Honda Pilot has an Android based radio.

Search This thread

muralisn

Jun 9, 2009
Austin
Mirrorlink now working on 2016 CRV with Galaxy S7 edge

Hi,

I was able to mirror my S7 edge with 2016 CRV without much hassle just by following the instructions from this video.
But the app keeps crashing but with little patience you get this to work. I am able to run any apps which is installed on phone. so we get Google Maps or Waze to run on our CRV.

Link

If you guys figure out how to fix the issue of the app crashing on the Display, pls do post it here.

Enjoy.

Reactions: dav010

majedalanni

Jun 5, 2007
Hi,

I was able to mirror my S7 edge with 2016 CRV without much hassle just by following the instructions from this video.
But the app keeps crashing but with little patience you get this to work. I am able to run any apps which is installed on phone. so we get Google Maps or Waze to run on our CRV.

Link

If you guys figure out how to fix the issue of the app crashing on the Display, pls do post it here.

Enjoy.
Which USB port did you use? The one for Android auto?

ammarbukhari

Mar 15, 2011
Can someone get the OS dump from 2017 pilot and share it here, so that 2016 Pilot owners can use it on there pilots. As I heard the only difference between the 2 is AA working on 2017.

Mero15

Jan 2, 2018
I chose the boot to USB option. Now all I have is a black screen. The cameras function but I can't get back to any options. I'm screwed. Nothing. This sucks.

I have a black screen on my Honda accord how did you fix yours because i went to the dealer and he couldn't fix it

Makis_cool

Apr 3, 2018
The USB let's you install things. BUT the things on the USB have to be certificated.
The dealers have update files to make some little changes to the system. It was a little service bulletin.
They just plug it in and it asks if you want to flash the system.
The files are zipped and cointain a .enc file that has the full android system. The file is around 750mb. Depends if the system is with navigation or not.
This goes for the EU versions atleast. Dont know about the US versions.

IF someone has good experience with that kind of things PM me.
I have the files for both navigation and without navigation.

Hi, can you send me the rc8 for navi version?
I have honda connect rc8, android 4.0.4, non navi version and i want to try install the navi version.
Thanks

skuibreaker

Aug 12, 2018
Did you ever find a solution?

Did you ever find a solution to your problem?

[quote name="androyster" post=66966133]Some people mentioned in this thread getting stuck on a black screen after trying some things on their Honda head unit.<br />
<br />
I have a 2016 Pilot EX (US).<br />
<br />
I've tried many different things mentioned in this thread, and was able to get to many different menus and options. I then decided to try the Uploader option in the Boot Mode Select located in the Developer Settings options and rebooted the unit.<br />
<br />
The head unit boots with the HondaLink Logo, but after that, the screen is black (but powered on) and the soft buttons have their lights on. The Laneshift camera and Rear view camera are the only thing that get on that screen. No audio, no phone.<br />
<br />
I tried to remove the 20 Amp Audio fuse to get the head unit to reset, and it is the good fuse, because when I try to start the car again, everything is ok, but the head unit stays off and the cameras of course dont show on the head unit. Tried a couple times to remove the fuse and putting it back after waiting 10 seconds, 60 seconds, even a whole 10 minutes, nothing changes the situation.<br />
<br />
I tried many different combination of keys when the head unit boots, holding power, holding vol + and/or -, holding menu, holding different combos of these keys, nothing more, still black screen<br />
<br />
Any ideas on how to fix this aside from going to the dealer ? I would love to be able to simply do a hardware factory reset, like with an android phone in powered up in recovery mode.<br />
<br />
And I think this will also help anyone who is trying something on their head unit and gets to that black screen dead-end :)
<br />
<br />
Press cd eject button while drive car then pressure again eject 5 min later HC system will be normal

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Started a new thread with the guide & scripts here if anyone else is interested:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/guide-how-to-gain-root-shell-2016-honda-t3487644

I'm a heavy Linux user, so forgive that the main script (rootme.sh) is geared toward Linux. It's quite simple though, so you can open it up and look at the commands it's issuing (mostly adb pushes) and issue similar commands in a Windows command shell.

Got the battery on the charger, hope to play with it more and have more good news soon!
    I have root

Dirtycow was the way to go, but the other exploits I could find didn't work.

I used the file replacement version of the dirtycow exploit to replace /system/etc/factory_reset.sh with a nefarious version that mounted /system r/w and copied over an su binary and set permissions to allow all to execute and all SUID.

Now the fun begins :)
    Unit non navi EU see inside

Hi all

Thanks for the job on this forum

I open a non navi EU unit

I take some pictures from all component and share http :// we.tl/ 0dyZMu3eqa

You have inside the unit a hidden usb see pictures 20160328_100803+809+828+113743

So i connect to my computer pictures 162249+162328, i can see folder
    Alarms
    Android
    DCIM
    Download
    Movies
    Music
    Notifications
    Pictures
    Podcast
    Ringtones

Try to connect with adb 1.4.3 but say no device found ?

Hope this can help

PS : I can have a EU unit with nav to do the same job
    regards
    nice day
    Frederic
    Took the head unit out and apart again tonight - short story, there is no SD card present on any of the boards. I have a non-Navi unit and spotted the Maps SD card location, albeit without an actual SD card slot soldered on the board, so they are fine with using different hardware for both types.

I'll post pictures up after I sort through the crappy blurry ones.
    Well I got a wild hair and tore my dash all apart and managed to get the head unit out without too much trouble. Getting the unit apart was a bit trickier, but I managed to get a cover off to see what I believe is the main board. This guy connected up to the touch screen and button panel, had a decent heat sink on the cover, so I assume this is the motherboard.

What I couldn't immediately locate was an SD card slot. The enclosure is also a bit difficult to work with - a large number of screws holding multiple boards together, and I didn't have enough time tonight (or the inclination) to get everything out into the open. Unfortunately even with the mounting screws out, there's something else preventing the board from being removed.

There are some interesting traces on the visible side of the board - any of those look like an SD footprint to anyone?
    h t t p: / / imgur.com/a/oziM6

(BTW I got it installed back in again and everything works, in case anyone was worried :) )
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone