Question Having issues after Converting OnePlus 9 5G LE2117 to Global

Search This thread

luckychukiye

Jul 6, 2022
Hi everyome,
I have a OnePlus 9 5G LL2117. I have used the MSM Global tool about 3 weeks ago to convert it to GLobal (LE2115) Oxygen OS & ran Oxygen OS 12 fine w/ no issues.

I did a soft reset last night and when my phone restarted I saw it said it had No Sim/network detected and emerngecy calls only. I tried the MSM converstion tool again & it does restore the phone to OxygeOS 11 but the phone model is still LE2117. Even the softare updates say they are for LE2115.

What should I do?

See the attached phtoos below. I really would appreciate some help in this matter. The phone works fine for the moment.

1104375686065815561.png

1104375686099369985.jpg

Before, the device was just fine and it showed in the about section as LE2115.

Now after using the MSM tool : https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...r-other-firmware.4277169/page-3#post-85143501

Now, when I go to software update it prompts me to install to something meant for LE2115. I already did install an Oxygen OS 11 update meant for LE2115 and I'm still able to use it on Verizon

Screenshot_20220706-000030.jpg

If, I do install this update as I tried once before. I'm out of luck as the SIM is disabled and cell service will NOT WORK.

This was never an issue when the phone was originally converted to global 3 weeks ago & I even installed the C.61 update & worked fine on Verizon.

What do I do?

Thanks so much

mattie_49

Feb 4, 2010
Seymour Tn
OnePlus 9 Pro
You've completely converted. Of course your gonna get updates for the global unit. Not 100% sure maybe someone else can chime in but you need to back-pedal. Get back to where you were. I'd try using your correct version of msm tool. Not global version. Use T-Mobile

luckychukiye

Jul 6, 2022
Yeah but then how come last time my model was showing as LE2115? and I was able to update to Android 12 fine?

luckychukiye

Jul 6, 2022
Alright. What should I do? Keep it on this & try to update later? Oxygen OS updater does seem to detect the phone can be updated. .

Thanks for the confirmation of it being converted to Global

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
There shouldn't be any issues with your device running global firmware as the hardware is largely the same. You would be the first one I will have heard of that can't run global software. Are you saying that since your MSM you actually tried updating to C.61 and lost the radio again or are you just assuming that you will? I would go through the update process and if you lose the radio, factory reset, and see if it's just something that's happening with the update causing problems because there is no reason it should be breaking.

luckychukiye

Jul 6, 2022
When I last did the MSM tool conversion 2 weeks ago it update to Oxygen OS 12 & I updated to C.61 right before I did that accidentally soft reset. It was working fine.

After I did the MSM tool conversation a day ago again and tried to update to C.64 I lost cell radio.

I just got this OnePlus 9 in December/January and even back then I had issues updating to Oxygen OS 12 but was told to wait by OnePlus themselves. What do you think?

As you said my phone is in global so it should run fine? Maybe wait and try again later? Should I do it via Software Update or Oxygen OS updater?

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
It makes no sense that you would lose radio updating to OOS12, I've never heard of anyone else losing it. There are lots of these T-Mobile converted to global devices out there because they were able to be gotten so cheaply from T-Mobile so if it was a real issue, it would be reported a lot more. Also, the update to C.61 is incremental right now, so you can also just choose to take C.48 and wait.

Reactions: luckychukiye

luckychukiye

Jul 6, 2022
Yeah. For C.48 though. Should I update to it via Oxygen OS Updater from the Play Store or Software update? Right now it prompts me to do this i software update.

Screenshot_20220706-000030.jpg

Also, updating to 12 one thing I didn't like is the notifications and extra bundles apps 11 d didn't have

luckychukiye

Jul 6, 2022

Like this user

luckychukiye

Jul 6, 2022
It makes no sense that you would lose radio updating to OOS12, I've never heard of anyone else losing it. There are lots of these T-Mobile converted to global devices out there because they were able to be gotten so cheaply from T-Mobile so if it was a real issue, it would be reported a lot more. Also, the update to C.61 is incremental right now, so you can also just choose to take C.48 and wait.
Also, oddly when I did convert the phone back to the TMObile version before converting to Global. It had no signal or anything despite saying the phone is network unlocked. Why is this?

mewzik86

Aug 13, 2010
Redmi Note 10 Pro
OnePlus 9
I had the same issue converting. I found that flashing this fixed it for me:

You would need to be rooted though, as this is a magisk module. Maybe if we can get a tweaked stock rom with the sysprop updated, we wouldnt need to root.

luckychukiye

Jul 6, 2022
Thanks
How would I go about doing this from where I am now? since I'm on OS 11. What would I need to do to flash this?

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
Try this MSM. It's modded to flash full global 11.2.10.10 to T-Mobile variants. The modded MSM Tool you used seems to be leaving traces that make the phone think it's dual SIM in OOS12, same thing that happens with the India firmware on global units. I modded this one myself and it's untouched stock global 11.2.10.10 that was just modded to target TMO instead of O2.

As global units aren't dual SIM either, full global firmware should not have the dual SIM bug. If this doesn't work, that module seems to be your only choice.

luckychukiye

Jul 6, 2022
Also., what if I go the custom rom route?

Would I need to do anything with Magisk ? There are roms that have full Verizon support

luckychukiye

Jul 6, 2022
Yeah. Again this phone was working fine so I don't think I need to do any of that stuff. The phone is working right now as I'm typing this.

What rom are you using and on what network? V Verizon as well?

I even called OnePlus and they confirmed people were complaining about Verizon SIM not working on their OnePlus phoens and told me it was a software bug

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Also., what if I go the custom rom route?

Would I need to do anything with Magisk ? There are roms that have full Verizon support
    Not in my experience, no. It's an OOS bug. I got it with Indian firmware and with ColorOS.