Question Having issues after Converting OnePlus 9 5G LE2117 to Global

Search This thread

mewzik86

Aug 13, 2010
Redmi Note 10 Pro
OnePlus 9
I just flashed the latest lineage and unfortunately the module doesnt work. I will try the msm conversion package @EtherealRemnant posted above (Thanks!).

If you want to flash the module on OOS, after conversion, i did 2 consecutive system update (.48 and .61). I lost the signal the moment i booted to .48, but its fine because I knew the module would fix it. Since you have to root for the module to work, then the ota to .61 would fail. So i allowed the system to complete all updates before rooting and flashing the module. To root,:
1. i extracted the boot.img from the payload.bin of the last ota
2. then i installed the latest magisk (25.1) apk and patched that boot.img
3. booted the phone into fastboot mode, did the "fastboot boot magisk-boot.img" (temporarily boots the magisk image)
4. After the phone booted successfully, I opened magisk app and did the direct install (permanently installs the magisk image)

mewzik86

Aug 13, 2010
Redmi Note 10 Pro
OnePlus 9
I just flashed the latest lineage and unfortunately the module doesnt work. I will try the msm conversion package @EtherealRemnant posted above (Thanks!).

If you want to flash the module on OOS, after conversion, i did 2 consecutive system update (.48 and .61). I lost the signal the moment i booted to .48, but its fine because I knew the module would fix it. Since you have to root for the module to work, then the ota to .61 would fail. So i allowed the system to complete all updates before rooting and flashing the module. To root,:
1. i extracted the boot.img from the payload.bin of the last ota
2. then i installed the latest magisk (25.1) apk and patched that boot.img
3. booted the phone into fastboot mode, did the "fastboot boot magisk-boot.img" (temporarily boots the magisk image)
4. After the phone booted successfully, I opened magisk app and did the direct install (permanently installs the magisk image)
Follow up.. the conversion msm tool didnt work for me. It says shows the error "Device not match image". I thought it was due to having lineage installed, so i used another 'back-to-stock' msm tool so that i was back on pure tmobile firmware, but running the above msm tool again resulted in the same device not match error. So strange.

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Follow up.. the conversion msm tool didnt work for me. It says shows the error "Device not match image". I thought it was due to having lineage installed, so i used another 'back-to-stock' msm tool so that i was back on pure tmobile firmware, but running the above msm tool again resulted in the same device not match error. So strange.
Hmm... I don't know why that happens with some devices. I don't have a T-Mobile to test.

Superguy

Nov 28, 2007
Baltimore
Similarly, I updated to the latest global after converting mine from T-Mo. I wanted to give the European version a try, and downloaded the EU 11.10.2.2 model, but it won't flash as it says it's a lower version than the global version I'm using. I don't remember there being an issues switching back and forth before. Anyone run into this issue?

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Similarly, I updated to the latest global after converting mine from T-Mo. I wanted to give the European version a try, and downloaded the EU 11.10.2.2 model, but it won't flash as it says it's a lower version than the global version I'm using. I don't remember there being an issues switching back and forth before. Anyone run into this issue?
You have to use the specific downgrade packages, not regular OTAs.

Gabiru05

Aug 2, 2022
I did the same thing, I changed my oneplus 9 Tmobile version to global, model 117 still appears, but I update as if it were 115, it was before the "sim locked" change processes, I am in the global and continuous sim locked. How can I remove this sim restriction? I have the bootloader code and everything. only that it continues to be sim locked since I connect sim and the networ locked message appears and no signal.

Update post.

Now model appear is 115 but continue without signal

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220802-165149.jpg
    Screenshot_20220802-165149.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20220802-165204.jpg
    Screenshot_20220802-165204.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

badlucky

Jul 2, 2022
OnePlus 9
Try this MSM. It's modded to flash full global 11.2.10.10 to T-Mobile variants. The modded MSM Tool you used seems to be leaving traces that make the phone think it's dual SIM in OOS12, same thing that happens with the India firmware on global units. I modded this one myself and it's untouched stock global 11.2.10.10 that was just modded to target TMO instead of O2.

As global units aren't dual SIM either, full global firmware should not have the dual SIM bug. If this doesn't work, that module seems to be your only choice.
Sim working without root?

badlucky

Jul 2, 2022
OnePlus 9
Hey dear please create msm tools with a12 . My device OnePlus 9 T-Mobile with msm I'm rollback to a11 stock T-Mobile ota not working. Please tell me what should I do?

wshan526

May 31, 2015
Try this MSM. It's modded to flash full global 11.2.10.10 to T-Mobile variants. The modded MSM Tool you used seems to be leaving traces that make the phone think it's dual SIM in OOS12, same thing that happens with the India firmware on global units. I modded this one myself and it's untouched stock global 11.2.10.10 that was just modded to target TMO instead of O2.

As global units aren't dual SIM either, full global firmware should not have the dual SIM bug. If this doesn't work, that module seems to be your only choice.
Seems I'm having same issue as OP, at which point should I flash your tool? Do I do it after I downgrade to "out of the box" tmobile LE2117 state or can I do it even after I've flashed craznzan's? Currently I'm downgrading to Android 11 Tmobile, flashing craznazn's Tmobile to Global MSM tool, then upgrading via the OS's update function from Android 11 to 12. The plan was always to go to Lineage once I complete that however once I upgrade to 12, I get 2 sims in my notification and no cell signal.

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Seems I'm having same issue as OP, at which point should I flash your tool? Do I do it after I downgrade to "out of the box" tmobile LE2117 state or can I do it even after I've flashed craznzan's? Currently I'm downgrading to Android 11 Tmobile, flashing craznazn's Tmobile to Global MSM tool, then upgrading via the OS's update function from Android 11 to 12. The plan was always to go to Lineage once I complete that however once I upgrade to 12, I get 2 sims in my notification and no cell signal.
I'm sorry, I'm sick of trying to troubleshoot these T-Mobile devices and I'm not going to do it anymore. It's too much hassle for a device I don't even have to be able to troubleshoot myself. I suggest everyone with one return it and get a proper global 9/9 Pro.

wshan526

May 31, 2015
I'm sorry, I'm sick of trying to troubleshoot these T-Mobile devices and I'm not going to do it anymore. It's too much hassle for a device I don't even have to be able to troubleshoot myself. I suggest everyone with one return it and get a proper global 9/9 Pro.
No worries, appreciate all you have done, saw your postings in a lot of searches. Not like anyone is paying you to help so anything was appreciated :)

Reactions: EtherealRemnant

Mehedi27

Feb 20, 2014

Why is this happening? How it can be solved

Attachments

• IMG20220929141919.jpg
    15.4 MB · Views: 14

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It makes no sense that you would lose radio updating to OOS12, I've never heard of anyone else losing it. There are lots of these T-Mobile converted to global devices out there because they were able to be gotten so cheaply from T-Mobile so if it was a real issue, it would be reported a lot more. Also, the update to C.61 is incremental right now, so you can also just choose to take C.48 and wait.
    Also., what if I go the custom rom route?

Would I need to do anything with Magisk ? There are roms that have full Verizon support
    Not in my experience, no. It's an OOS bug. I got it with Indian firmware and with ColorOS.
    No worries, appreciate all you have done, saw your postings in a lot of searches. Not like anyone is paying you to help so anything was appreciated :)