Having random reboots with all the custom roms

m.amin.bayat

Oct 27, 2012
Qom
@m.amin.bayat and its back with the new screen! looks good so far. the quality looks okay. bright enough and colors are fine. no issues with the touch sensitivity either.
Noice👍
@m.amin.bayat i think i'm sticking with the aex pie. atleast for now.
everything(except offline charging) works. my biggest problem with this phone is the missing part of it's logo lol :D everything else is fine. View attachment 5183451
My selfie's logo gone completely, I painted it with black nail polish and volume rocker keys missed it's color so I've put a sticker on it😁

zenfone selfie

Aug 3, 2020
Noice👍

My selfie's logo gone completely, I painted it with black nail polish and volume rocker keys missed it's color so I've put a sticker on it😁
any pics? now i wanna see it lol :D
you think mine's in a good condition?

i didn't like the original white cover and never used it lol :D with that cover it would look like its brand new haha :D the whole frame got replaced with the screen so sides are renewed as well...
WhatsApp_Image_2021-01-10_at_21.47.10.jpeg

my mom used that white cover for a few days has minor scratches, barely visible. then she wanted the deluxe cover :D

Last edited:

zenfone selfie

Aug 3, 2020
@m.amin.bayat oh an actual deluxe edition selfie? those are rare afaik. it wasn't available here...
but i believe my cover is original or atleast great quality. its 5 years old now and doesn't have any issues. didn't lose its color or anything. and deluxe doesn't have any hardware difference right?

Last edited:

m.amin.bayat

Oct 27, 2012
Qom
@m.amin.bayat oh an actual deluxe edition selfie? those are rare afaik. it wasn't available here...
but i believe my cover is original or atleast great quality. its 5 years old now and doesn't have any issues. didn't lose its color or anything. and deluxe doesn't have any hardware difference right?
I don't remember any deluxe edition for zenfone selfie, but the name was written on the online store I bought from was "zenfone selfie pon"
And no hardware differences

zenfone selfie

Aug 3, 2020
@m.amin.bayat

btw i tried fastboot-twrp and stuck at asus logo for charging. in case my battery dies and i can't boot...
fastboot doesn't work but the other 2 are working. you can just boot into twrp for charging or if you can't even do that, hold the volume down button while you're plugging the charger. it'll stuck on asus logo and won't boot to system or twrp but it'll charge. you can't see the battery percentage(you can in twrp) but that's not a big deal i guess? just leave it for 5-10 minutes and you can boot into the system.

"offline enough" charging :D
WhatsApp Image 2021-01-11 at 21.58.44.jpeg

they didn't call it "deluxe" for selfie but it was the same design as zenfone2 deluxe so i call it deluxe lol. official name was "illusion" or something.

Reactions: m.amin.bayat

m.amin.bayat

Oct 27, 2012
Qom
@m.amin.bayat

btw i tried fastboot-twrp and stuck at asus logo for charging. in case my battery dies and i can't boot...
fastboot doesn't work but the other 2 are working. you can just boot into twrp for charging or if you can't even do that, hold the volume down button while you're plugging the charger. it'll stuck on asus logo and won't boot to system or twrp but it'll charge. you can't see the battery percentage(you can in twrp) but that's not a big deal i guess? just leave it for 5-10 minutes and you can boot into the system.

"offline enough" charging :D
View attachment 5184417

they didn't call it "deluxe" for selfie but it was the same design as zenfone2 deluxe so i call it deluxe lol. official name was "illusion" or something.
Tanks for your recommendation, I'll try that some other time, I'm so busy in these days👍

Last edited:

zenfone selfie

Aug 3, 2020
@m.amin.bayat btw which camera app do u use? pixelmaster or something else? any better alternatives? maybe a gcam? i found this one but i'd like to have a newer version if possible

m.amin.bayat

Oct 27, 2012
Qom
@m.amin.bayat btw which camera app do u use? pixelmaster or something else? any better alternatives? maybe a gcam? i found this one but i'd like to have a newer version if possible
Pixelmaster is best, I've used footej camera for sometimes but night mode was awful, I haven't used any other camera app, pixelmaster works fine in it's modes for our phone, if you're using AEX just flash the zip file, you can even install it from play store but you cannot save photos in memory card
Any other version you'd like to install go to apkmirror, I haven't used any other versions either

zenfone selfie

Aug 3, 2020
My selinux has gone!
Strange huh🤔
View attachment 5186245
Btw I'm on AEX now, selinux should be under "Up time" but it's not there😐
same here. its not visible under the up time but it shows up when i search selinux in the settings
WhatsApp Image 2021-01-14 at 01.17.51.jpeg

took a backup and tried a clean install... checked it after every step and selinux status disappeared after i changed the device fingerprint for safetynet

Last edited: