Having random reboots with all the custom roms

ReikaRin

Dec 9, 2017
thanks for the info :) i don't know if i'd work on this phone anymore. its stable now with good battery backup. removing the 1.1ghz for little cores was the most important part for sure. that solved my bootloops and random reboots. it's good enough as my secondary phone now. i'm just planning to modify this kernel for 720p. maybe that would help a bit more? now if i change the resolution hardware navigation keys won't work but i think i should be able to re-map those keys by editing the ftxxxx_ts.c file. that info about compiling the kernel will help when i try this mod.

a tutorial post would be great! if you can find some free time. it sounds simple but i don't have any knowledge so :D

btw you mentioned this problem "and also crash most of the time if you leave the device hibernate because reason.."
i never had this problem with minimum 500mhz for little cores with all 4 little cores always active
it was crashing with 4 cores-custom target to [email protected]% or min200mhz&2 cores active.
Lanthanum Toolboxes have section for custom resolution, you can change your 1080p to 720p or even lower, just search google for this thing, you need root/magisk to use it though. also, quick note.. i've run my travis build again.. you can get latest NO_CC which is compiled with recent GCC11.
(note: it really help on gaming because how weak Adreno405 was, and how most android game scale their resolution based on your device resolution)
(note2: if you ran into trouble trying to flash magisk, backup your Boot then do "Flash zip" on magisk manager to your boot image then flash that boot image in TWRP)

Last edited:

zenfone selfie

Aug 3, 2020
Lanthanum Toolboxes have section for custom resolution, you can change your 1080p to 720p or even lower, just search google for this thing, you need root/magisk to use it though. also, quick note.. i've run my travis build again.. you can get latest NO_CC which is compiled with recent GCC11.
(note: it really help on gaming because how weak Adreno405 was, and how most android game scale their resolution based on your device resolution)
(note2: if you ran into trouble trying to flash magisk, backup your Boot then do "Flash zip" on magisk manager to your boot image then flash that boot image in TWRP)
i don't know anything about that "Lanthanum Toolboxes" but sounds like an amazing app lol.
btw, does it change the resolution systemwide or just for the app? if its systemwide whats the difference compared to adb command? i was using "adb shell wm size" and "adb shell wm density"
does hardware navigation keys working with your method?

latest no_cc is newer than Jun 24, 2020? currently i'm using this one https://github.com/AkagiShiroe/ICEY/tree/ICEY-SC
i modified the dtsi files to remove 1.1ghz for little cores and compiled(a friend compiled it for me) from these source files.

zenfone selfie

Aug 3, 2020
okay i found it https://github.com/AkagiShiroe/ICEY/releases/tag/continuous-Yata-no-Kagami
zip date is 18-01-2021 but the source codes May 30, 2020? https://github.com/AkagiShiroe/ICEY/tree/continuous-Yata-no-Kagami

i really don't know much about compiling source codes and i don't have linux installed rn. aaaand i have tons of final exams lol :D i would figure it out if i had free time but its not possible in the next 2 weeks.
can you just compile it for me with the modified files? https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cPqpcd9cbgBpfoCHjRbbOWD2A3HZ_cTd/view?usp=sharing

these are modified to remove 1.1ghz.
unlikely but if these files changed with your latest build, i can modify them again and remove the necessary lines. i got this from the icey-sc. 1.1ghz on little cores makes my phone crash so i can't even test the one you compiled.

m.amin.bayat

Oct 27, 2012
Qom
First crash with 200000 freq and sound freez I set it back to 499000 freq again!
Update
I'm experiencing lags and delays in new kernel with my previous core control and gove options setting!
As I'm using this phone as a daily driver, it's really hard for me to get on, I'm going back with 2020 ICEY-SC kernel

Last edited:

zenfone selfie

Aug 3, 2020
@ReikaRin this is the modified file for re-mapping hardware navigation buttons for 720p
not sure if it works tho i'll try compiling a kernel after my exams. gotta install ubuntu and set the toolchain etc. so i'm not doing it now. but if you have some time you can try it yourself.

btw if you can compile the 1.1ghz little disabled version for me that would be a great help! i can't even find the latest source code. no-cc page links to "yata no kagami" which is from may and wasn't compiling when my friend tried. either my core is defective or these custom kernels are pushing little cores over the specification and my cpu can't handle it even if its up to spec for stock software. i don't know. stock rom is stable but with custom roms i gotta remove the 1.1ghz or i experience bootloops.