Having trouble with my unlock token download

Search This thread

BreenyBaby

Apr 11, 2016
I went through the T-Mobile and OnePlus process to get an unlock token download, but the link is a little screwy. When I try downloading I get an error whether I use Windows, Linux, or Android that says:
SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data

I tried saving that file anyway but in fastboot I get signature verification errors that way.

Next I went to the raw data and copied that then tried pasting into a terminal but then I just get a prompt that starts with bquote> and I have no idea what to do.

Any ideas?

BreenyBaby

Apr 11, 2016
I went through the T-Mobile and OnePlus process to get an unlock token download, but the link is a little screwy. When I try downloading I get an error whether I use Windows, Linux, or Android that says:
SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data

I tried saving that file anyway but in fastboot I get signature verification errors that way.

Next I went to the raw data and copied that then tried pasting into a terminal but then I just get a prompt that starts with bquote> and I have no idea what to do.

Any ideas?
So a bit more research since posting this, termite is a good terminal in Arch Linux for copy/paste and bquote is some kind of tool to process commands that use parenthesis. None of that helps me figure this out, though.

I'm guessing that downloading the raw data from that file OnePlus provided isn't going to work out. I did send them a message about the download link error I'm getting but it took them 7 days to send that so my hopes aren't really high.

I expect there are people around here who know what I need to do. I saw several posts on converting to global from T-Mobile and I paid cash for the phone and have it sim unlocked, so I might go that route

I got the phone for my wife, but she filled up the 128 GB memory with photos and didn't like having me copy the pics to hard drive and clearing her memory up. Actually every phone she's had has frustrated her when she has a problem that I have to work out. I'm a habitual tinkerer, was in engineering in the Navy a long time ago and recently finished a bachelor's in computer info systems. I'm no expert and not at the level of someone with a computer science degree, CIS was at least half business classes and much of the computer side was basic networking, database, and systems analysis and design but I can usually manage unlocking the bootloader even when obstacles are in the way. I used to work for a big US carrier and always found ways to get around their OS to sdo what I wanted with a phone.

Anyway, got a new iPhone for her and wanted to put something with Android 11 for my son to use on the old 6T. OnePlus and T-Mobile aren't going to develop anything beyond Android 10 for this phone so I was thinking LineageOS. Gotta have the bootloader unlocked, first.

Thanks for any help!

joeliberty

May 14, 2021

Any ideas?
Is it an official link from Oneplus? It takes a week to get your unlock token from Oneplus. We had no issues
So a bit more research since posting this, termite is a good terminal in Arch Linux for copy/paste and bquote is some kind of tool to process commands that use parenthesis. None of that helps me figure this out, though.

I'm guessing that downloading the raw data from that file OnePlus provided isn't going to work out. I did send them a message about the download link error I'm getting but it took them 7 days to send that so my hopes aren't really high.

I expect there are people around here who know what I need to do. I saw several posts on converting to global from T-Mobile and I paid cash for the phone and have it sim unlocked, so I might go that route

I got the phone for my wife, but she filled up the 128 GB memory with photos and didn't like having me copy the pics to hard drive and clearing her memory up. Actually every phone she's had has frustrated her when she has a problem that I have to work out. I'm a habitual tinkerer, was in engineering in the Navy a long time ago and recently finished a bachelor's in computer info systems. I'm no expert and not at the level of someone with a computer science degree, CIS was at least half business classes and much of the computer side was basic networking, database, and systems analysis and design but I can usually manage unlocking the bootloader even when obstacles are in the way. I used to work for a big US carrier and always found ways to get around their OS to sdo what I wanted with a phone.

Anyway, got a new iPhone for her and wanted to put something with Android 11 for my son to use on the old 6T. OnePlus and T-Mobile aren't going to develop anything beyond Android 10 for this phone so I was thinking LineageOS. Gotta have the bootloader unlocked, first.

Thanks for any help!
Is it an official link from Oneplus? It takes a week to get your unlock token from Oneplus. We had no issue with 2 of them we downloaded. Not sure if I am allowed to post the link to the download pag

Thanks for any help!
You say it is official Oneplus download? It sounds like the file is corrupt from them. Have you tried different browsers? I am assuming you have. I downloaded to unlock files and had no issue at all with them.

Last edited:

BreenyBaby

Apr 11, 2016
It is from them. I bought the device in 2018 at TMobile and went through all the appropriate steps. Friday was 7 days from request and their email arrived. I've been in contact with them, they want me to let them remote in but I am not doing that, just want the unlock token .bin file not wanting anyone remoting into my computers and network. If they won't then I'll take steps to get around it until I either succeed or brick the phone, I'm fine with that it's all on me but I am not giving anyone remote access to my computers or network.

joeliberty

May 14, 2021
That is just strange that they would want to remote in. I would not let them do it either. Good call! It is still strange that the file will not download correctly. I will tell you this, if you have Verizon for a carrier you will have trouble with the device. I don't know why, but everyone I know, whether LineageOS or OxygenOS has trouble with the device on Verizon. I think it is a provisioning issue on Verizon's end, but getting them to own up to it is pretty hard to do.

Jhoopes517

• Oct 10, 2010
    Mobile, AL
    OnePlus 9 Pro
    I think their server is down. Someone on the forums posted about this and I am experiencing the same issue. Unable to download any of my past .bin files.

Sucks cause I just MSM'd my OP9P and can't unlock bootloader cause I imaged my computer prior and didn't back it up xD

pbergonzi

Jun 14, 2013
    Mesa, AZ
    Same here--I follow the link in edge or chrome and get gibberish, follow it in firefox and get "SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data."
    OnePlus told me other users were having trouble too and to try in 4 or 5 days.
    I still have a few days to go.
    EDIT: Later, that same day..., link to download unlock token is working.
    It is as OP support said--there was an issue with the website.

Last edited:

jiwon21c

Mar 18, 2008
    OnePlus 6T
    That is just strange that they would want to remote in. I would not let them do it either. Good call! It is still strange that the file will not download correctly. I will tell you this, if you have Verizon for a carrier you will have trouble with the device. I don't know why, but everyone I know, whether LineageOS or OxygenOS has trouble with the device on Verizon. I think it is a provisioning issue on Verizon's end, but getting them to own up to it is pretty hard to do.
    I was told that OnePlus 6t should be registered as a 'CDMA-less' on Verizon system to use it.