• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Havoc OS won't install

Search This thread

p_vujic07

Aug 16, 2021
hey y'all, i hope everyone is okay.
I have (well now it's "i had") Havoc OS installed on my Redmi 8 but i wanted to return to the MIUI. I taught that I could do the installation just like with havocOS, but if it was like that i wouldn't post here. After it "installed" I rebooted it but it was in bootloop and i entered OrangeFox. I then tried to install HavocOS again but it again got in a bootloop. I was thinking that I should wipe something, and I selected Dalvik/ART Cache, Data, Internal Storage, Cache and System. When i got back to the Files section it says "Folder is empty". I taught it was okay and then i tried to copy HavocOS to the Internal Storage but when I entered that folder on my computer there was, and still is, 3 internal storages ("18.1 GB free of 20.4 GB) and one micro sd card folder. I don't know what I did and now whenever i try to copy some file to the Internal Storage it does not show on the OrangeFox. I am scared of restarting the phone so please, if you want to help me don't say i have to restart it unless I really have to.
Thanks!

p_vujic07

Aug 16, 2021
hey y'all, i hope everyone is okay.
I have (well now it's "i had") Havoc OS installed on my Redmi 8 but i wanted to return to the MIUI. I taught that I could do the installation just like with havocOS, but if it was like that i wouldn't post here. After it "installed" I rebooted it but it was in bootloop and i entered OrangeFox. I then tried to install HavocOS again but it again got in a bootloop. I was thinking that I should wipe something, and I selected Dalvik/ART Cache, Data, Internal Storage, Cache and System. When i got back to the Files section it says "Folder is empty". I taught it was okay and then i tried to copy HavocOS to the Internal Storage but when I entered that folder on my computer there was, and still is, 3 internal storages ("18.1 GB free of 20.4 GB) and one micro sd card folder. I don't know what I did and now whenever i try to copy some file to the Internal Storage it does not show on the OrangeFox. I am scared of restarting the phone so please, if you want to help me don't say i have to restart it unless I really have to.
Thanks!
Oh my God I'm so dead. I just wiped Micro SD card and now it isn't showing as well. I'm just so stupid. When i click reboot to the recovery it says "No OS installed! Are you sure you wish to reboot to the recovery?"

p_vujic07

Aug 16, 2021
Oh my God I'm so dead. I just wiped Micro SD card and now it isn't showing as well. I'm just so stupid. When i click reboot to the recovery it says "No OS installed! Are you sure you wish to reboot to the recovery?"
I feel so stupid to reply on my posts every 2 minutes but I got the guts and I restarted the phone to the recovery and now it shows everything again. What it doesn't do is installing havoc OS. I installed it again but it booted in to the recovery. I don't know what to do

p_vujic07

Aug 16, 2021
I feel so stupid to reply on my posts every 2 minutes but I got the guts and I restarted the phone to the recovery and now it shows everything again. What it doesn't do is installing havoc OS. I installed it again but it booted in to the recovery. I don't know what to do
Finally I done it, i formatted the data and then installed Havoc OS. Thanks @p_vujic07 (myself)! You are such a genius!

fonzacus

Jun 23, 2016
30 Seconds From Mars
Xiaomi Redmi 8
sorry for the late response, i do tend to watchover here in case someone needs help.

which miui are you flashing? if its xiaomi.eu, that requires stock. since youre using havoc, you deleted most of stock stuff (remember the install steps wiping stuff). also remember to format data (like you did in the last post) to remove most encryption (which also nterferes with recovery).

also which zip did you flash in the last thread? an encryption disabler?

are you still on havoc? does your internal still show as 20GB? 48 (out of 64) is the normal amount in sdcard0 and you should prolly reinstall stock if it isnt correct

upd

for our phone, its possible to install using an otg in case of derps

also for custom roms based on a11, its recd to use the beta 11.1_0

Last edited:

p_vujic07

Aug 16, 2021
sorry for the late response, i do tend to watchover here in case someone needs help.

which miui are you flashing? if its xiaomi.eu, that requires stock. since youre using havoc, you deleted most of stock stuff (remember the install steps wiping stuff). also remember to format data (like you did in the last post) to remove most encryption (which also nterferes with recovery).

also which zip did you flash in the last thread? an encryption disabler?

are you still on havoc? does your internal still show as 20GB? 48 (out of 64) is the normal amount in sdcard0 and you should prolly reinstall stock if it isnt correct

upd

for our phone, its possible to install using an otg in case of derps

also for custom roms based on a11, its recd to use the beta 11.1_0
heyy, please sorry for this late answer. i was moving out so i couldn't answer you. it wasn't xiaomi.eu, but it was mi-globe. i tried to install with root (magisk) or wihout it but it wouldn't work. i tried xiaomi.eu, but when i saw that MIUI won't be supported on Redmi 8 i installed havoc again.

the encryption wasn't a problem so i really don't know what was it. maybe i am stupid so i get this now, but do you need to have official MIUI for mi-globe to work? i don't know, and, honestly, i don't want to. i am happy with my havoc, so anyways thank you and sorry for the latest answer you'll ever see!

fonzacus

Jun 23, 2016
30 Seconds From Mars
Xiaomi Redmi 8
like i said, most miui roms do require stock stuff (remember the wipes), you could also manually install a miui imgs and (theoretically) install miui roms but yeah i havent tried that.

how much internal storage does it show
are you using orfox 11.1_0 beta
did you flash an encryption disabler

p_vujic07

Aug 16, 2021
Now it shows 32gb,so it's good
I'll now boot into recovery to see what is the version
I don't think that I used encryption disabled, I just used havoc is zip (also gapps and magisk)

p_vujic07

Aug 16, 2021
I installed havoc os only because I can't receive messages, like from what's up. With havoc os it works perfectly fine so I just wanted to install MIUI to see if they fixed the problem in 12.5 (or what was it) version

fonzacus

Jun 23, 2016
30 Seconds From Mars
Xiaomi Redmi 8
you should prolly reinstall stock again as sdcard0 should show 48gb (max 64). something messed up your partition. if its a low priority you could let it slide.

miui based roms wont work from most custom roms since they are using different system|vendor imgs.

p_vujic07

Aug 16, 2021
Oh, you didn't understand. My phone has 32 gb, so it's all good. I don't want to install MIUI now because I don't know if my problem if solved (notifications) and MIUI 13 is going to come out, and Redmi 8 won't support it