Hazy ROM for D855

Search This thread

chejofan

Aug 16, 2014
Murcia
Hi, everybody!

There is a new kid on the block! It's called Hazy, and it's not a CM derivative, but coming directly from AOSP. It's on a very early state so it's very bare-bone, otherwise it's stable and bug free enough in order to be your daily driver. At this moment it's only available for the international version (D855)

A really promising ROM. My favorite so far. It works perfectly as secondary ROM on @Skin1980 multiboot, with no third party kernel needed. ;)

It worths a trying.

Here you have some screenshots:

You can find it here:
www.hazyrom.net

Current version:
ROM: Hazy 4.1, Alpha 1 (Release data 04/24/2015)
Gapps: Slim_Gapps_Beta_5.1.x.build.0.x-20150430

Download links:
ROM: http://www.hazyrom.net/download/rom/
Gapps: http://www.hazyrom.net/download/gapps/

At this moment, not rooted by default, so you have to flash SuperSU: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1538053 (thanks to @Chainfire)

If you have problems you can report it in the bug tracker: https://www.hazyrom.net/tracker/
Please consider a donation if you like Hazy: http://goo.gl/oM1nn6

Enjoy

P.S: I'm not a developer and I'm not pretending to be one. I'm only and Android fan that want to share this amazing ROM with you. All de credits to the Hazy Team: Matteo Lobello, Luca Pensabene, Francesco Colella, Adriano Loiacono, Matteo Munda, Davide Dellai, Salvatore Festa and Giovanni Chelli.

Attachments

• 2015-02-04_15.05.28.jpg
    2015-02-04_15.05.28.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 6,807
  • 2015-02-04_15.05.48.png
    2015-02-04_15.05.48.png
    159.8 KB · Views: 6,831
  • 2015-02-04_15.06.05.png
    2015-02-04_15.06.05.png
    216.1 KB · Views: 6,796
  • 2015-02-04_15.06.37.png
    2015-02-04_15.06.37.png
    233.1 KB · Views: 6,455
Last edited:

aelole

Feb 29, 2008
nicosia
I have an LG G3 .there is no kernel and gapps for my phone on hazy downloads?any alternatives?

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app

zerotong1008

Apr 20, 2014
Shanghai
Hi, everybody!

There is a new kid on the block! It's called Hazy, and it's not a CM derivative, but coming directly from AOSP. It's on a very early state so it's very bare-bone, otherwise it's stable and bug free enough in order to be your daily driver. At this moment it's only available for the international version (D855)

A really promising ROM. My favorite so far. It works perfectly as secondary ROM on @Skin1980 multiboot, with no third party kernel needed. ;)

It worths a trying.

You can find it here:
www.hazyrom.net

Enjoy
Hi chejofan,
Thank you for bringing us a new ROM. Just a minor mistake from your www.hazyrom.net. Inside the download page of Gapps, the file size of mini version is "659MB" :silly:
And I suggest you make some remark on the thread title to show the Build date/version number.
And perhaps with more explanation of the ROM & Kernel and the difference of the 3 versions Gapps as well.
I am having slow internet connection in China. Still downloading your build, will share my feel later!

Last edited:
Reactions: chejofan

weedeater84

May 18, 2013
TLV
Hi, everybody!

It worths a trying.

You can find it here:
www.hazyrom.net

Enjoy
are recieved a permission from devs of hazy to post it here ?

chejofan

Aug 16, 2014
Murcia
Hi chejofan,
Thank you for bringing us a new ROM. Just a minor mistake from your www.hazyrom.net. Inside the download page of Gapps, the file size of mini version is "659MB" :silly:
And I suggest you make some remark on the thread title to show the Build date/version number.
And perhaps with more explanation of the ROM & Kernel and the difference of the 3 versions Gapps as well.
I am having slow internet connection in China. Still downloading your build, will share my feel later!

Thanks... Thread updated.

chejofan

Aug 16, 2014
Murcia
do you know "how far behind" CM it is?
like, is it comparable to todays release or a release a month ago?

As far as I know is based directly on AOSP, so is not a CM (CAF) derivative. However, I think that the current kernel is based on CM. Otherwise the hazy team is developing his own kernel, but at this moment it's only available for the Nexus 5 (Hammerhead). Personally speaking, I see this ROM closer to PA.

Another thing that I can tell you is that you'll never find theme engines is this ROM, so it's focus on simplicity.
:cowboy:

Reactions: m1trand1r

m1trand1r

Mar 6, 2011
You don't wanna know.....
do you know "how far behind" CM it is?
like, is it comparable to todays release or a release a month ago?

What's wrong with you?
It's AOSP and it's in APLHA stage...and this is the first LP based rom that i've booted on my G3. CM Inc. is not what I want. I want AOSP and if I consider that it's ALPHA.....not many features and that.......rom is smooth and nice on my side....and all I can see in future is improvements and more and more features....and you can't really compare CM and HAZY...so....i'm patiently waiting for updates...this one really has a potential to be a good if not best LP rom out there..
thanks for pointing this rom out @chejofan ...maybe you could invite some real hazy team members over to xda if they're not already here:)

Sent from my LG-G3/d-855/16Gb/Titanium Black

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

As far as I know is based directly on AOSP, so is not a CM (CAF) derivative. However, I think that the current kernel is based on CM. Otherwise the hazy team is developing his own kernel, but at this moment it's only available for the Nexus 5 (Hammerhead). Personally speaking, I see this ROM closer to PA.

Another thing that I can tell you is that you'll never find theme engines is this ROM, so it's focus on simplicity.
:cowboy:
It'd be awesome to pull some Slim Team features like TRDS and bunch of others in future....AOSP, AOSP, AOSP.....I love AOSP....:D

rhystagram

Feb 18, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
What's wrong with you?
It's AOSP and it's in APLHA stage...and this is the first LP based rom that i've booted on my G3. CM Inc. is not what I want. I want AOSP and if I consider that it's ALPHA.....not many features and that.......rom is smooth and nice on my side....and all I can see in future is improvements and more and more features....and you can't really compare CM and HAZY...so....i'm patiently waiting for updates...this one really has a potential to be a good if not best LP rom out there..
thanks for pointing this rom out @chejofan ...maybe you could invite some real hazy team members over to xda if they're not already here
lol, i ask because when cm first came out, there were wifi/quite a few problems..
i'm basically wondering if theres someone who's specifically worked on the d855 device tree.

edit 1;
nevermind, it still doesnt explain my question how i think about it, i'll install this as a secondary rom & have a look.

edit 2;
looking at source, d855 device trees are forked from CM, so that answers my question :)

Last edited:
Reactions: raghavsharmaxda

weedeater84

May 18, 2013
TLV
What's wrong with you?
thanks for pointing this rom out @chejofan ...maybe you could invite some real hazy team members over to xda if they're not already here:)

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

It'd be awesome to pull some Slim Team features like TRDS and bunch of others in future....AOSP, AOSP, AOSP.....I love AOSP....:D

ASAP there will be threads for all devices

JustPlayingHard

Jul 1, 2013
Loving the AOSP. So smooth and awesome

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app

zerotong1008

Apr 20, 2014
Shanghai
I flashed hazy in recovery by myself last night.
First impression is smooth and light.
but I got a FC when I press the Kernel setting in Hazy Center apps.
I am using D855 (32GB) Clean flashed ROM and Hazy's Gapps

chejofan

Aug 16, 2014
Murcia
I flashed hazy in recovery by myself last night.
First impression is smooth and light.
but I got a FC when I press the Kernel setting in Hazy Center apps.
I am using D855 (32GB) Clean flashed ROM and Hazy's Gapps

Why don't you try flashing the @777jon kernel. My favorite one. There are versions for 16 and 32 GB variants.
Take into account that since this is an Alpha 1 release bugs will be around.

:fingers-crossed:

zerotong1008

Apr 20, 2014
Shanghai
Why don't you try flashing the 777jon kernel. My favorite one. There are versions for 16 and 32 GB variants.
Take into account that since this is an Alpha 1 release bugs will be around.

:fingers-crossed:

as I just wanna report as pure as Hazy rom is for you. I understand it is a alpha version, so our user report is very important to you . Of coz I have 777 kernel in my storage. anyway, great rom even it is Alpha. really looking for you beta and stable built.

Reactions: chejofan
For peeps that are wondering if hazy works whit multirom, the answer is YES. I'm using 777 kernel and love the simplicity of this pure AOSP ROM, actually whitout all the bells and whistle's of other CM baked ROMS is a advantage in my book, so keep it up guys, I digg you :)

EDIT 07.02:
I'm having weird random bug where I can't pull down notification status bar, it just doesn't let me swipe it down, weird? Anyone else having same bug? Any solution will be much appreciated! I want to continue using the ROM but that's a nasty bug!

Last edited:
Reactions: fmaskarin

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, everybody!

It worths a trying.

You can find it here:
    www.hazyrom.net

Current version:
    ROM: Hazy 4.1, Alpha 1 (Release data 04/24/2015)
    Gapps: Slim_Gapps_Beta_5.1.x.build.0.x-20150430

Download links:
    ROM: http://www.hazyrom.net/download/rom/
    Gapps: http://www.hazyrom.net/download/gapps/

At this moment, not rooted by default, so you have to flash SuperSU: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1538053 (thanks to @Chainfire)

If you have problems you can report it in the bug tracker: https://www.hazyrom.net/tracker/
    Please consider a donation if you like Hazy: http://goo.gl/oM1nn6

Enjoy

P.S: I'm not a developer and I'm not pretending to be one. I'm only and Android fan that want to share this amazing ROM with you. All de credits to the Hazy Team: Matteo Lobello, Luca Pensabene, Francesco Colella, Adriano Loiacono, Matteo Munda, Davide Dellai, Salvatore Festa and Giovanni Chelli.
    This rom is at least for d855 users more or less useless without the ril commits.
    fact is: it's useless ...w/o ril commits/fixes....how are we supposed to use it either way ...?...we have phone....eh?....to call...send sms/mms....use data plan...etc....I don't understand any developer that even went so far and released rom with broken RIL at first place....that should not even happen...which didn't on Blisspop until RIL was fixed....but that's just my opinion :)

>LG-G3<>d-855<>16Gb<>Titanium Black<
    are recieved a permission from devs of hazy to post it here ?

Yes, I asked for permission.
    It's sad that the developers seem as they don't care about d855 users. They should know about the problems 5.1 roms had about 2 1/2 weeks ago for this device. What's the matter of building for 5+ devices if nobody tests it on all of them. The RIL commits that fixed the modem problems should be at least now known by all developers who build for this device.

I don't want anything like an eta or put pressure on the devs but i just don't understand since the phone is useless without it.

If i want to play games or just use wlan at home or wherever i am i don't need a phone. A phone should be able to be at least that, a phone.
    This rom is at least for d855 users more or less useless without the ril commits.