• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

HBO NOW asking for update

Search This thread

rueda

Apr 18, 2011
Hbo now is confirmed asking for update on 51.1.6.1_user_516010220 custom from rbox.
Anyone else have any success passing this update screen?

rueda

Apr 18, 2011
Can we edit the file to check for an earlier version? or is it a library that is looking specifically? can we try to mod the file or something?

chrootz

Apr 9, 2011
No, We cant and We have to wait for rbox to update rooted custom ROM latest version then we can use HBO Now. Give it time and hopefully rbox will come and surprise us.

chrootz

Apr 9, 2011
Last edited:

rueda

Apr 18, 2011
I installed hide my root and restarted. Unfortunately HBO NOW didnt work. It gave me two different errors:

ERROR accessing HBO content.
Cannot connect to HBO. Please check your network connection and try again.

OTHER error message:
An unkown error occurred please try again.

chrootz

Apr 9, 2011
@rueda - have you tried clear cache in HBO Now before you start run hide my root click hide SU then run HBO Now app again.

Unless you had problem with your internet or network? I tested reboot like you mentioned and it worked fine for me.

rueda

Apr 18, 2011
I installed hide my root and restarted. Unfortunately HBO NOW didnt work. It gave me two different errors:

ERROR accessing HBO content.
Cannot connect to HBO. Please check your network connection and try again.

OTHER error message:
An unkown error occurred please try again.

CONFIRMED WORKING with hide my root and blocking google dns 8.8.8.8 on my router.
HBO NOW runs then checks in the background for root while playing the video. Then it halts if root suspected. Had to hide my root and restart to make it work.

rueda

Apr 18, 2011
Thanks for rbox for the quick firmware update as always. And chrootz for hide my root suggestion.
Works great. Hide my root doesnt require a restart but if HBO finds root it will stop playing with an error message.

jim16127

Jul 18, 2015
Unbelievable that it checks for root! So are there any downsides to using hidemyroot? If not, then why aren't roots just "hidden" by default?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No, We cant and We have to wait for rbox to update rooted custom ROM latest version then we can use HBO Now. Give it time and hopefully rbox will come and surprise us.

You know what they say. Good things come to those who wait. I just uploaded 51.1.6.2.