HBoot Update (A few questions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

RohinZaraki

Sep 8, 2011
Hey guys, my One X is CID_044 and apparently the OTA update is out. I've downloaded the firmware zip but a few things are a bit hazy to me.

1. Updating HBoot - I know mine's 0.94 now and the update ships with 1.36. Does this mean that I can use current Sense JB ROMS like ARHD IF I just download and update my HBoot alone (no flashing the Stock JB Sense ROM)

2. Will updating HBoot cause problems if I wish to return to ICS ROMs ?

3. Will updating HBoot cause any bugs in the future ?

4. Will updating HBoot cause problems if I want to use CM10 ROM's ?

5. There is no way of downgrading HBoot, is there :rolleyes: ?

Thanks :) hope some of you can help me out. I doubt I'll be updating to the OTA update. Kinda feel sad to leave ViperX just for an update, which by the looks of it, wasn't all that :silly:

doom_71

Oct 6, 2010
Caught somewhere in time
Hey guys, my One X is CID_044 and apparently the OTA update is out. I've downloaded the firmware zip but a few things are a bit hazy to me.

1. Updating HBoot - I know mine's 0.94 now and the update ships with 1.36. Does this mean that I can use current Sense JB ROMS like ARHD IF I just download and update my HBoot alone (no flashing the Stock JB Sense ROM)

Thanks :) hope some of you can help me out. I doubt I'll be updating to the OTA update. Kinda feel sad to leave ViperX just for an update, which by the looks of it, wasn't all that :silly:

1: yes you can.
2: yes it will.
3: unknown. nobody can know. if you would know if anything would cause issues in the future you could become a very rich man
4: if you use the on from tripnraver it should work.
5: no there isn't. no s-off for teh moment

I used to be a viper x user, but did upgrade to ordroid and it is a lot smoother. I am missing all the tweaks but they will come again, so no need to wait in my opinion

Reactions: RohinZaraki
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1: yes you can.
    2: yes it will.
    3: unknown. nobody can know. if you would know if anything would cause issues in the future you could become a very rich man
    4: if you use the on from tripnraver it should work.
    5: no there isn't. no s-off for teh moment

I used to be a viper x user, but did upgrade to ordroid and it is a lot smoother. I am missing all the tweaks but they will come again, so no need to wait in my opinion
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone