HD Netflix App

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

altimax98

Nov 7, 2008
Florida
****4.0.3 users - it is not currently working on most 4.0.3 builds. I will look into it****

I take 0 credit for this file, but I have rehosted and used it myself. Here is the 1080P Version of the Netflix app.
*im sorry about the first file. Mediafire seems to have botched the original file on upload. Ive triple checked the MD5. Confirmed working on a LTE Nexus on 4.0.2

NEW FILE!
http://www.mediafire.com/?i7j7mdqsgypm9cs
MD5 4CD35DA0E4D392538462BDC390544561

Dont be Tricked!

The app does NOT go full screen like the market version of the Netflix app, but the quality is 10x better. For a test I watched both Tron and Toy Story 3 for 5 minutes each on both apps to allow enough time to buffer. There is no graininess on the HD app and it just pops more. Test both out and see the difference!

* I believe this is from the RAZR but dont quote me on that

I did some HD and Non-HD testing. Now Im running a LTE Nexus on 4.0.2 w/Revolutionary 2.1.0. Ive seen issues with the GSM Nexus not being able to install, but it works perfect on mine. No issues, which is weird. But heres some HD and Non HD photos for comparison:
HD above NON HD below
Screenshot2011-12-16-13-48-20-L.png

Screenshot2011-12-16-19-33-25-L.png

Screenshot2011-12-16-13-46-36-L.png

Screenshot2011-12-16-19-32-42-L.png

I attempted to get the same shot in each frame, but it was a little tough lol.

Last edited:

nbeebe24

Jun 16, 2009
I take 0 credit for this file, but I have rehosted and used it myself. Here is the 1080P Version of the Netflix app.

http://www.mediafire...hwtaojgc9be718l

Dont be Tricked!

The app does NOT go full screen like the market version of the Netflix app, but the quality is 10x better. For a test I watched both Tron and Toy Story 3 for 5 minutes each on both apps to allow enough time to buffer. There is no graininess on the HD app and it just pops more. Test both out and see the difference!

What's the actual url?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

frigorific

Jan 3, 2011
I would want a 720p stream :)
the current one is just okay resolution wise, and has the buttons active instead of going full screen...

I don't understand why there are so many versions of the app... And why us international customers need to download the app from random links in forums. Instead of blocking in market they should (if they have to) block only in app, and people wouldn't risk malicious apps that steal login details. This only creates trouble for themselves.

Offtopic kind of, but since market enabler isn't working anymore (right?) how do people get apps from other regions without relying on someone to upload to the forum? Is there a trick? :)

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
Perhaps it has something to do with the Verizon service.

If someone could take it apart, I'm sure they'd remove the Razr specific resolution and Verizon requirements. Thus make it work for all phones on all networks.

Perhaps post this in the General "Android Development" thread with a request to look at it.

altimax98

Nov 7, 2008
Florida
Not to troll, but why would you want a 1080p source on a 720p screen?

Just like was mentioned, you get better quality when running a 1080p stream and running it on 720 then you do from 480 to 720. I don't know if it bothers everyone but the graininess killed my Netflix experience on the nexus. I'm happy its working for me. But is anyone on a GSM running revolutionary rom? I'm also on 4.0.2

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
I don't think Netflix does 1080p streams... HD by definition is 720p. So perhaps it is just displaying the movie in it's native form.

Although really, having a HD 4" screen with 300+ DPI, I'm surprised if the 480p movie doesn't look steller.

qw3r7yju4n

Jun 15, 2010
AMAZING

This is amazing... this is definitely ATLEAST 720P PURE. I can see so much difference. I gank movies all the time... and watch NetFlix all the time. This is on par with my media center... wow... tytytyty

Thank you so much

Deltaechoe

Aug 6, 2010
Its only seems to want to stream at 720p, it definitely is not streaming at 1080p and i'm verifying that by looking at my hdtv which shows some minor pixelation (enough to tell me that it's trying to upscale), but definitely an improvement over the stock app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ****4.0.3 users - it is not currently working on most 4.0.3 builds. I will look into it****

*im sorry about the first file. Mediafire seems to have botched the original file on upload. Ive triple checked the MD5. Confirmed working on a LTE Nexus on 4.0.2

NEW FILE!
    http://www.mediafire.com/?i7j7mdqsgypm9cs
    MD5 4CD35DA0E4D392538462BDC390544561

Dont be Tricked!

I did some HD and Non-HD testing. Now Im running a LTE Nexus on 4.0.2 w/Revolutionary 2.1.0. Ive seen issues with the GSM Nexus not being able to install, but it works perfect on mine. No issues, which is weird. But heres some HD and Non HD photos for comparison:
    HD above NON HD below
    Screenshot2011-12-16-13-48-20-L.png

Screenshot2011-12-16-19-33-25-L.png

Screenshot2011-12-16-13-46-36-L.png

Screenshot2011-12-16-19-32-42-L.png

I attempted to get the same shot in each frame, but it was a little tough lol.
    Try this:

Netflix160ICS-HD264-RotationWizz-HDIcon.apkhttp://www.mediafire.com/?lcaxzilza5p4q7z
    (found it here: http://support.t-mobile.com/thread/16131)

Or this

Netflix161ICS-AmzFire-RotationWizz.apk -- http://www.mediafire.com/?eb336t1b8tc9ubd
    (found it here: http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/273...con-works-on-android-tablets-and-smartphones/)

It's a 1080p full-screen hack that works on my Galaxy Nexus. Your mileage may vary. As always, be careful when loading 3rd party apps. The second version (Amazon) works for me. Try both out, one of them usually asks to upgrade.

Supposedly also works on ICS tablets. If it worked for you click thanks to let others know.
    Didn't work on my gsm sgn. Installed, but would not start. No login screen.

Would love to see a hd version without the buttons :)

Strange.. I'll get some screenshots later tonight. It works great on my LTE

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Not to troll, but why would you want a 1080p source on a 720p screen?
    Posted up and new file. I believe the File got corrupted on the upload. Ive triple checked the MD5 this time. Try it out and let me know!!!