• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question HD NETFLIX ON MAGISK ROOTED S21 ULTRA

Search This thread

ankit255

Jul 17, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Hi
I have rooted my s21 ultra and installed twrp as well. I couldn't get Netflix to work even with Magisk Hide as it would get stuck at the loading screen when starting a video.

After installing liboemcrypto disabled module Netflix now works but only in SD quality (see screenshot).

Has anyone rooted their s21u and have HD netflic working? Would appreciate any directions.
Screenshot_20210925-101513_Netflix.jpg

Read this article
And also this

ankit255

Jul 17, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Read this article
And also this
Thanks for the reply. I removed liboemcrypto magisk module and activated props to simulate pixel 3a and even tried 4xl but the same issue of Netlix on constant "loading" screen when playing a video occurs. As for the first link, I wasn't comfortable installing an old apk...

Has anyone here rooted and successfully had HD Netflix on S21U? Mine is the INU variant if that matters.

ankit255

Jul 17, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
EVERY phone loses Widevine L1 DRM when it is OEM unlocked, changing it to L3

And Netflix only supports HD on Widevine L1

It has been this way for YEARS... On EVERY phone...
Hi,
I actually have Widevine L1 after rooting but Netflix doesn't play any videos. I install liboemcrypto module from magisk as per instructions which is what trips my Widevine to L3 but Netflix starts working (in SD).
Is there any way to perhaps remove liboemcrypto module, get back L1 but have Netflix work without that module?

ASKnASK

Apr 22, 2011
Islamabad
I am sorry for my conduct. On top of everything I lost my best friend (my dog) this past week and have been finding myself belligerent.

Could you please point me to the right resource to get it working if possible?

I experienced the same (not the dog, the widevine l3). However as soon as I removed the lib thing from magisk, the widevine became L1 and Netflix played in full HD no problem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mod edit : Thread cleaned.

Please kindly remember the RULES which you accepted when signing up at XDA, especially the one about RESPECT (2.3) !

Concerned users must take this as a first and last friendly warning ...
    My S10 5G works fine. Rooted with Magisk. BL unlocked of course. Widevine L1.
    I am sorry for my conduct. On top of everything I lost my best friend (my dog) this past week and have been finding myself belligerent.

Could you please point me to the right resource to get it working if possible?