HD video on MX player

Search This thread

julianpaul

Nov 5, 2011
Ok, this is not specifically a Fire app, but just wanted to throw out there that the fire plays everything i've thrown at it - 1080p HD video too in Mx Player, with HW+ decoding, flawlessly.

Mentioning this because amazon's specs say it plays SD video, but the cpu seems very capable, and the screen isn't too bad either. Colors seem to have a bit of a yellow hue instead of pure white, but it's pretty good, especially at the price.

Harry44

Jul 14, 2010
TX, USA
It says it plays SD video since the screen isn't an HD screen. The screen on the Amazon Fire is 1024 x 600, HD is defined as 720p (1,280 × 720 progressive scan) 1080i (1,920 × 1,080 split into two interlaced fields of 540 lines) 1080p (1,920 × 1,080 progressive scan).

The hardware is capable of playing HD content. It just down scales it to fit the native hardware resolution.

julianpaul

Nov 5, 2011
go to mx player, settings, use hw+ decoder. I also checked everything in HW+ video codecs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, this is not specifically a Fire app, but just wanted to throw out there that the fire plays everything i've thrown at it - 1080p HD video too in Mx Player, with HW+ decoding, flawlessly.

Mentioning this because amazon's specs say it plays SD video, but the cpu seems very capable, and the screen isn't too bad either. Colors seem to have a bit of a yellow hue instead of pure white, but it's pretty good, especially at the price.