Hope this helps! This has been tested to work on a device unlocked on 10.0.13,ntzrmtthihu777 said:Ok. I've put together some packages to help people who unlocked their bootloaders
and got stuck on version 10.0.13,
10.0.14,or 10.0.16, or who unlocked
(or will unlock) on version 10.0.19 and wish to get whatever the next OTA version is.
reserve.10.0.*.HD61CB.7z has all the files needed to re-insert your reserve.img where
it should be and correct its permissions. It should allow you to OTA ifyou don't root
after this (this uses a temporary root), or if you unroot before trying to take it. Pick
the version that matches whatever version you are currently on.
0. This script starts at the normal system screen.
2. If you're on windows, extract the contents of platform-tools_r29.0.5-windows.zip
into the root of the same folder. If you're on linux, adjust your $PATH variable in shell.
3. Run fix-reserve.sh or fix-reserve.bat for linux or windows respectively.
4. Follow the instructions in the prompt. (when it says 'when you're booted' that
means booted and unlocked (pin, pattern, whatever. userdata needs to be decrypted
at this point)).
5. It will reboot you. Magisk manager will still be installed but you will otherwise
not be rooted. The magisk_patched.img in this folder will root you permanently
if you would like.
and there is little reason to believe it won't work on others. Also, if you use the
msm tool for these devices, and wish to unlock and continue to get OTA updates,
you must use this package, as MSM relocks you, and will destroy reserve.img again.
Those of you who have used this, please keep an eye out for updates from TMO
and report back whether you were able to update.
Confirmed that it works with brand new OTAs. Several members of the TG group
took the update from 10.0.16 and 10.0.19 without issue after restoring reserve with