HD2 killed two of my 8GB MicroSD?

Search This thread

ruscik

Jun 16, 2007
London
I did not have that problem with HD2 yet however my XDA Orbit 2 went through 5 SD cards, 2x2GB, 1x4GB and 2x8GB. In that time I sent phone for repair and it was returned "repaired" to eat last two 8GB cards.
I sent it again and told them new or cash, got new no problems from then.

Cards were 100% unusable as most of the time they were not detected up on inserting them to reader. If they did get detected as soon as you tried to open or right click or system tried to scan all PC stopped.

shak7i

Oct 17, 2009
by common do u mean it happens even in the long past instead of having only surfaced recently? :confused:

i don't know. i said common because many person are reporting this problem, including me. i recently bought a 16gb toshiba memory card from ebay. hope this one does not get corrupted too.

ozkaya

Mar 22, 2006
Today I have experience some problems with the phone, so I decided to do hard reset. First I pull out the SD card(HD2 turned off), and I inserted into my lap top with adapter in order to backup my pictures and music and to format the card. I backup the data, but when I tried to format the card, I get message "windows was unable to complete the format". I also tried with several other options like: cmd format, safe mode format, sdformatter 2.0 but nothing help. The strangest thing is that I can delete the files(normally, I enter the card and via shift+delete on files), but after refresh on the windows explorer the files are back! I also tried with another laptop, I double checked the safety switch on the left side of the SD card, I even try to format via HD2, but files are always back. Nothing helps.

I appreciate assistance please

p.s SD card is SanDisk 2 Gb.
p.p.s I posted the same text in the General topic-SD card strange things!, but no answer so far.:(:(

I have exactly the same problem with my 2Gb Sandisk card that came with my HD2. Windows can't complete the format. I can copy small files onto it but after a certain total size, they seem to copy but after removing and reinserting they go away. When I delete the remaining files, they come back. I ended up buying a 4gb Sandisk card and it works fine for 2 months.

spike15_mk

May 28, 2010
Gostivar
I have exactly the same problem with my 2Gb Sandisk card that came with my HD2. Windows can't complete the format. I can copy small files onto it but after a certain total size, they seem to copy but after removing and reinserting they go away. When I delete the remaining files, they come back. I ended up buying a 4gb Sandisk card and it works fine for 2 months.

Yes, it seems that some SD cards that come with our phones are not working at all, they will stop working after period of time:confused: Well I will buy 4 GB Apacer.

Ravishan2008

May 11, 2010
Melbourne
Solution

Hey Guys!!

I work at a retails shop where we sell heaps of memory cards and cameras a day :p.. So im pretty experienced with this issue. The microSD card you get with HTC HD2 is a Class (4) card, which transfers about 5mb/s. which means that it has higher transfer rate compared to the normal everyday microSD cards you buy from your retail shops/ebay which are Class (2) which transfers about 2mb/s.

This is the reason that your HD2 kills all those Class (2) cards.. because when the phone doesn't get the enough transfer rate to read.. after couple of days they all stuff up.

Recommendations:

Try getting the new PANASONIC (JAPANESE MADE) microSD card which has a transfer rate for about 20mb/s :eek: these cards will work like butter..

Last edited:

ToddeSwe

Dec 26, 2007
Alvesta
Have to join the club... :(

Must say that i was suprised when i noticed this thread, a couple of days ago my 8GB SanDisk died after 6 months of use.

Have ordered a new one and when and if that one to dies i now know where to post my mails... :)

GTI WR6

May 14, 2010
Dhaka
Thanks for the reply Ravishan, but why is it that just a select group of us are having this problem? I have 3 colleagues who are still using the 8gb Class 2 Sandisk SD card that they received with their HD2s. The only difference is that I bought my HD2 last month and they bought theirs more than 4 months ago.

I thought I found the solution by finding out that there are a bad batch of sandisk 8gb cards since last month going around in Singapore (where my phone was bought). So, I got a new Transcend 4 GB class 2 card and it does after 3 weeks.

ToddeSwe

Dec 26, 2007
Alvesta
Todd, do your remember the last program you used before the micro sd died?

Not realy, it was one of many lock-ups so i had to remove the battery to get it restarted again. And i think i was inside resco file explorer and searching on of my PC harddrives with wifi when my device freezed. But i'm not 100% sure.

Now i have left the card inside the card-reader to see if it will fix itself...
Have been there for a good 30 minutes now... how long can it take?

GTI WR6

May 14, 2010
Dhaka
Not realy, it was one of many lock-ups so i had to remove the battery to get it restarted again. And i think i was inside resco file explorer and searching on of my PC harddrives with wifi when my device freezed. But i'm not 100% sure.

Now i have left the card inside the card-reader to see if it will fix itself...
Have been there for a good 30 minutes now... how long can it take?

how are you trying to fix it? can u please explain?

ToddeSwe

Dec 26, 2007
Alvesta
Working in the laptop card reader...

Hi! Me again!

Moved over to the Laptop and the SD card was found and told me that it had to be formated before i can use it. Now i realy would like to try to recover the stuff i had on the card. Can someone recomend a free software to do this?

ToddeSwe

Dec 26, 2007
Alvesta
Recived my new class 4 8 gb card yesterday and i must say it was i boost for my device. Slightly faster! The old one must have been a crappy class 1 or something. :)

stefan.snoop

Mar 8, 2008
I have this problem too with my HTC HD2.2 of my mirdoSD cards was killed.and i send a mail to support center of HTC,then they replay to me a list compatible microSD cards for HTC HD2: kindly find below the list of 8GB & 16GB SD cards compatible to the device: ADATA 16GB-60 Class 6 Kingston 16GB-64 class 2 PQI 16GB-63 class 2 Sandisk 16GB-50 class 2 Silicon power 16GB-55 class 4 Transcend 16GB-61 class 6 ADATA 8GB-57 Class 6 Pretec 8GB-58 class 6 Sandisk 8GBBundle class 4 Sandisk 8GBBundle class 6 Silicon power 8GB-55 class 4 Transcend 8GB-Bundle class 4