• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

HD2 Successor (longevity&versatility-wise)

Search This thread

kerosin

Jun 8, 2009
Hello fellow HD2 owners,

I'm still amazed how much support it gets and how its hardware can keep with even new versions of ICS (especially with HWA).

But in the near future I would like to upgrade.

Do you have any tips for a successor of HD2 which should I go for and which could same support in the future like HD2 does?

Thank you for nay suggestions!

Nigeldg

Feb 25, 2011
Hello fellow HD2 owners,

I'm still amazed how much support it gets and how its hardware can keep with even new versions of ICS (especially with HWA).

Do you have any tips for a successor of HD2 which should I go for and which could same support in the future like HD2 does?

Unfortunately, nothing will be as versatile and long-living as the HD2 as far as I'm concerned. Sure, phones like the SGS3 are great and will probably have development for a fair amount of time, but there won't be anything which will be able to run so many OSes and do so much.

Reactions: kerosin

lexx-luthor

Sep 1, 2009
Top End
I think the next 'HD2' will be a phone which will have a high hardware spec, and be running an OS at the end of its life. (As was the HD2) and I reckon Android still has a long way to go before it runs out of steam. IMHO ICS may be the highest we can go on the HD2. But I would love to be proved wrong :)

from my Android Nexus HD2

illgodson

Sep 3, 2010
I think the next 'HD2' will be a phone which will have a high hardware spec, and be running an OS at the end of its life. (As was the HD2) and I reckon Android still has a long way to go before it runs out of steam. IMHO ICS may be the highest we can go on the HD2. But I would love to be proved wrong :)

I agree with this for the most part but I just don't know what OS will be at the end of its life in the near future since Android and iOS seem to be the most viable choices from here out. I know a lot of people still love WinMo and by no means do I want any angry WM guys after my head lol, I'm just thinking out loud that with the way the major manufacturers are heading ie. Samsung, HTC, LG and so on, will any of them bother making a beefy winmo phone that the great xda devs can convert to Android?

Sent from my NexusHD2 using XDA

kylew1212

Dec 1, 2011
Alabama
www.memoryx2.com
I agree with this for the most part but I just don't know what OS will be at the end of its life in the near future since Android and iOS seem to be the most viable choices from here out. I know a lot of people still love WinMo and by no means do I want any angry WM guys after my head lol, I'm just thinking out loud that with the way the major manufacturers are heading ie. Samsung, HTC, LG and so on, will any of them bother making a beefy winmo phone that the great xda devs can convert to Android?

I think eventually their will be a successor to the hd2 however it will be quite some time for multiple reasons.. hd2 was launch right when win mobile ran out of steam then came along windows phone 7 also Android also picked up so their were lots of things people wanted in a phone all of a sudden and the hd2 was the device to have.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using xda premium

Munty_McCoy

Nov 17, 2010
Dhaka
I don't think there will be a phone coming anytime soon that can handle all the mobile OSes and have so many ports like the HD2. I personally like the HTC One X. Planning on getting one :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello fellow HD2 owners,

Unfortunately, nothing will be as versatile and long-living as the HD2 as far as I'm concerned. Sure, phones like the SGS3 are great and will probably have development for a fair amount of time, but there won't be anything which will be able to run so many OSes and do so much.

I think eventually their will be a successor to the hd2 however it will be quite some time for multiple reasons.. hd2 was launch right when win mobile ran out of steam then came along windows phone 7 also Android also picked up so their were lots of things people wanted in a phone all of a sudden and the hd2 was the device to have.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using xda premium