HD2 TV-OUT

Search This thread

imperiallight

Aug 5, 2008
Bit of fun but I make do with the direct full screen of my win 6.5 HD2 on my 42" TV using my bluetooth keyboard and mouse (via a win7 acer revo hanging behind it) and mymobiler. Frame rate is not good for movies but I could always plug in and play the sd card off my TV.

Phantoms

May 29, 2010
Savannah, GA
I'm using a box from Western digital (WD)

Its a mini media dock for tv. reads from usb device.... ie. SD card.
100mm x 100mm x 30mm, 1080p output.

HD2 with Media on it will suffice. tried n tested.

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.asp?driveid=681

Costs around 50 pounds or so.
Works well and not to much to carry around to the girlies house's !!!! :mad:)

I do basically the same thing with my Sony BluRay Player. Hook the HD2 to the usb port on the Blu Ray, set the HD2 as Disk Drive and then the player has access media files to play, both audio and video. Watched the Transformers movies on my TV this way. It's not TV out, but is a way of watching movies on a TV with USB in (or a component hooked to it with USB in).

TV out would be nice (I believe my old Samsung Omnia II did this), but seems we have to make do since it's not available.

Last edited:

me

Feb 26, 2006
The other interesting thing was that the supplied headphones came with 3 black rings which normally indicates AV rather than just audio.

Paul.

Nope. Those three black rings indicate that it also has a microphone-sound both ways. If it only had two rings you could hear sound through it, but not talk through it.

marsrogers

Dec 17, 2010
Shanghai
HKLM\Drivers\Display\TV

PanelDLL = dcTNONE_ANALOGTV.dll

There is no such dll on the device... Maybe the new LG (has tv out, and snapdragon) will have one...

Sorry for digging this out. Although I am using a WP7 device, but I found this through google. They are quite the same.
I found this in a leaked HTC WP7 ROM dump last year before the WP7 was out. But the problem is the .dll is a folder, not a file...

I am not pretty sure how to pack it.
Maybe after putting this to the /Windows/System the thing will get to work.
And I also found a avtranscode.dll in the dump of the SDK 7.1 ROM, and I am not sure whether this matters.

djrixg

May 9, 2010
Long wait MAY be OVER!

uhh guys, I have an omnia 2 with tv-out functionality.
And I managed to find a way to know the filename of the dll's and exe's that are used in doing tv-out functions in the device.

I copied the files from Windows folder on my Omnia 2 to my computer and could anyone paste it on their HD2 and try it out?
Please reply if you read this so that I'll know that this thread is still active :cyclops:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Long wait MAY be OVER!

uhh guys, I have an omnia 2 with tv-out functionality.
    And I managed to find a way to know the filename of the dll's and exe's that are used in doing tv-out functions in the device.

I copied the files from Windows folder on my Omnia 2 to my computer and could anyone paste it on their HD2 and try it out?
    Please reply if you read this so that I'll know that this thread is still active :cyclops:
    its funny how we want this tv out option on the hd2 but when i had my tp2 i can say it was only exciting the 1st two times i did it. afterwards the cable was just layjng there plugged to the tv and i never even touched it until i got the hd2 and that was just to put it away
    thanks for your reply but ...

You didn't answer me ... I already know that with dlna you can stream movies, music, pictures, etc ...

But I've asked if dlna is the right way to do what I want to do, i.e. to see the screen of my HD2 on a pc or on a tv ... not just for reproducing a multimedia file, but to be able to see the screen activity of my HD2 in every moment, independently by what I'm doing on the HD2 ...

... this is my question, this is what I meant when I referred to a projector ...

I hope now it's clear the meaning, so you can understand my question

sorry for my poor english

Thanks in advance for any reply

Best regards

No, you can't.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone