HDFC Bank app - app doesn't support rooted devices

Search This thread

Xyberghost

Dec 30, 2016
Kolkata
OnePlus 6
I tried everything listed in this thread but nothing worked. Devices is google certified, passes safety net, repacked magisk to hide it, also included banking app and google framework in magisk hide list but did not work. HDFC developers seems smart to detect root. Can any one help me out?
Quick Note: Those application that detect root needs to reinstalled after reapcking magisk manager and using the hide magisk feature.

hassan ansari

Apr 5, 2015
Redmi Note 10 Pro
We need to reopen this thread now lol,
2 Days ago HDFC app got an update (a forced update, we can't use the app without updating) and then boom hdfc app crashed and redirects to https://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/useful-links/important-messages/root-detection.
Tried magisk repacking magisk in different ways (such as uninstalling the hdfc app and repacking the manager then reinstalling the app) with universal safetynet fix module and also configured deny list. The app was working perfectly before this update, any suggestions?

Reactions: binoysankar

binoysankar

Aug 19, 2016
Bangalore
We need to reopen this thread now lol,
2 Days ago HDFC app got an update (a forced update, we can't use the app without updating) and then boom hdfc app crashed and redirects to https://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/useful-links/important-messages/root-detection.
Tried magisk repacking magisk in different ways (such as uninstalling the hdfc app and repacking the manager then reinstalling the app) with universal safetynet fix module and also configured deny list. The app was working perfectly before this update, any suggestions?
You are right hdfc found out another way of finding magisk hide in latest update. I made it work by using shamiko + Airfrozen method.

mGforCe

Dec 3, 2007
Mumbai
Fortunately no issues with A11 and HDFC Bank app.

This thread should be moved to Magisk sub-forum ideally as relevant across devices!

hunkdhaya

Jul 18, 2015
For users who are facing issue with MI devices (I am using EU rom), hdfc bank app.
Issue:
HDFC Bank app detects root with all the below setups and failed to load:
Magisk and zygisk hide didn't work
Shamiko didn't work
MIUI privacy permission removal didn't work

You can follow below steps:
Install Zygisk -LSposed from github
Install HidemyApplist apk from github
Open Hidemyapplist app and select "Install magisk Extension"
Reboot the device
Enable the Hidemyapplist module in Lsposed (also you can select the hdfc bank app there too)
Open the Hidemyapplist app and create a blacklist template and add the root apps such as magisk, busybox, Hidemyapplist etc whichever you think of in it and save it

Then under "select effective apps" select hdfc bank app and enable hide
Then under select hide methods select only "API requests" and "Intent queries" only.
Then scroll to bottom and select the saved template in the "Template config"
Finally save it

Clear all data in hdfc app settings
Reboot the device
Enjoy!
ps: Refer screen shot, that helps better 😉

Links:

Hide my Applist tutorial - https://www.google.com/amp/s/platin...ing-hide-my-applist-root-xposed.140178/?amp=1

For more tools and tricks this might help - https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/discussion-how-to-bypass-detections-of-rooting.4426615/

Thanks to various developers and users for all the efforts.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-11-26-19-23-11-872_com.android.shell.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-11-26-19-23-11-872_com.android.shell.jpg
    311.2 KB · Views: 77
  • Screenshot_2022-11-26-19-23-46-028_com.tsng.hidemyapplist.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-11-26-19-23-46-028_com.tsng.hidemyapplist.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 74
  • Screenshot_2022-11-26-19-23-48-713_com.tsng.hidemyapplist.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-11-26-19-23-48-713_com.tsng.hidemyapplist.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Reactions: kevinarjun and tasz

bagarwa

Feb 18, 2012
Bothell
play.google.com
Reboot the device
Enable the Hidemyapplist module in Lsposed (also you can select the hdfc bank app there too)
Open the Hidemyapplist app and create a blacklist template and add the root apps such as magisk, busybox, Hidemyapplist etc whichever you think of in it and save it
Can this HidemyApplist be used on its own, or just with Magisk; without installing LSposed?

kevinarjun

Sep 2, 2005
Navi Mumbai
OnePlus 3T
OnePlus 7 Pro
For users who are facing issue with MI devices (I am using EU rom), hdfc bank app.
Issue:
Shamiko didn't work

Reboot the device

Then under select hide methods select only "API requests" and "Intent queries" only.
Finally save it

Reboot the device
Enjoy!

Links:

Hide my Applist tutorial - https://www.google.com/amp/s/platinmods.com/threads/how-to-bypass-hacking-tool-detections-using-hide-my-applist-root-xposed.140178/?amp=1

For more tools and tricks this might help - https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/discussion-how-to-bypass-detections-of-rooting.4426615/

Thanks this worked for me. No other method worked.

Reactions: hunkdhaya
Apr 22, 2014
Issue:
Shamiko didn't work

Reboot the device

Finally save it

Reboot the device
Enjoy!

Links:

Hide my Applist tutorial - https://www.google.com/amp/s/platinmods.com/threads/how-to-bypass-hacking-tool-detections-using-hide-my-applist-root-xposed.140178/?amp=1

Logged in specifically to thank you for this!

I use a OnePlus 7T that runs LineageOS 20 and rooted using Magisk. DenyList + Zygisk works for every other app. Except HDFC.

Followed the steps you mentioned and it worked! I am now able to use HDFC on my phone without any issues. I can uninstall "Island" too :D

Just one additional step I did was to "Force Stop" HDFC after clearing data - in case it helps anyone else :)

Top Liked Posts