HDMI out

Search This thread

pratik5705

Feb 18, 2011
Does the Moto X support HDMI out? I tried the MHL adapter (supported by Samsung) and it does not plug in the micro-USB port. I know I can go the chromecast route, but just curious if there is HDMI out capability? And what adapter has worked for others?

Thanks!

Half Decaf

Jan 18, 2007
Center City
It doesn't appear to support MHL. I connected my adapter with and without using the power port on the side to my MXP and no video comes out.

The adapter does produce video with my S3.

PythonNut

Aug 26, 2015
Is this a feature that requires hardware support? Is there any chance a ROM could add support in the future?

cmahendra

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
World is full of strange people. Because you do not need to entangle yourself with wires, they (moto) gave us screencast feature, and now people are asking about WIRES again! :mad: :p

TV sets now are coming with Screencast support but if you do not have this feature in TV then read next line....

I am casting (broadcasting) everything (movies, games, android screen, etc) on my 32inch LCD TV, even without wifi router.

I use Pandora S HDMI streaming dongle which does not need WIFI/Router. Direct wireless connection of phone with dongle (attached on HDMI port on tv) http://www.portronics.com/pandora-s-hdmi-streaming-dongle.html

With this device costing only USD27, I can broadcast my Phone, PC, Laptop, etc on TV all wirelessly :)

Last edited:
Reactions: churapa

jefbal99

Aug 26, 2010
I have a Samsung 55 LED that I got about a year ago. I go into the Cast->More Settings, Select my TV, once connected, then tab for Wireless display. I don't have HSI at home, so no Router in between.

This allows me to mirror anything from NetFlix, Sports streaming, Hulu, etc on the big screen.

juliaf

Sep 17, 2016
pandora s

World is full of strange people. Because you do not need to entangle yourself with wires, they (moto) gave us screencast feature, and now people are asking about WIRES again! :mad: :p

TV sets now are coming with Screencast support but if you do not have this feature in TV then read next line....

I am casting (broadcasting) everything (movies, games, android screen, etc) on my 32inch LCD TV, even without wifi router.

I use Pandora S HDMI streaming dongle which does not need WIFI/Router. Direct wireless connection of phone with dongle (attached on HDMI port on tv)

With this device costing only USD27, I can broadcast my Phone, PC, Laptop, etc on TV all wirelessly :)

Hi!! I needed the MHL connection to use my moto x with my new audio car (the panasonic one that comes with new toyota etios in argentina). Do yo need if this pandora would work for me?
Thanks!

cmahendra

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
Hi!! I needed the MHL connection to use my moto x with my new audio car (the panasonic one that comes with new toyota etios in argentina). Do yo need if this pandora would work for me?
Thanks!

No. Pandora is for TV connected to TV via HDMI and phone via wifi.

For car, its only Bluetooth solution. Seems you are trying to confuse yourself.

ganggreen777

Oct 28, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra

I use Pandora S HDMI streaming dongle which does not need WIFI/Router. Direct wireless connection of phone with dongle (attached on HDMI port on tv) http://www.portronics.com/pandora-s-hdmi-streaming-dongle.html

Hey, with this mirror and play any movie format codec?
Seems to me that Chromecast will NOT play all codecs

phreak311

Account currently disabled
It's weird how the default unedited (I haven't touched anything) buildprop on my phone says HDMI is enabled.

I just got my Moto X Pure Edition, i'm still pretty new to it, but it seems at though there may be a way to get HDMI working. Maybe not, I just thought you guys might find that interesting.

I've included a screenshot of it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161116-054558.jpg
    Screenshot_20161116-054558.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 594

joacomanino

Sep 14, 2010
¿Como puedo transmitir a un proyector que no tiene Wi-Fi?
How can I transmit to a projector that does not have Wi-Fi?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not too many people know this, but there's a mini-HDMI jack hidden within the bottom left edge of the device. All you need is a Dremel and a little patience. If you're not comfortable using a Dremel, ask a drill-savvy iPhone 7 owner :laugh:

Hey, with this mirror and play any movie format codec?
    Seems to me that Chromecast will NOT play all codecs
    I tested ok with mp4 and mkv formats. Dont know if you are asking about any other formats. never had any problem in media files. I think the device is capable of all codec, but I have not tested others. Should work.