HDMI trouble

Search This thread

widjit

Apr 5, 2007
Montgomery
Any one else having trouble with HDMI re-booting? Every time I plug in my hdmi cable to my tv the phone freezes and then reboots, tried stock rom and rooted damagecontrol rom both with the same issue...

CentroniX

Jan 5, 2007
Austin, TX
No real experience here myself, but from what I've read some TVs work better than others, and some have a problem handshaking with the TV. Have you tried it on a different TV/monitor?

widjit

Apr 5, 2007
Montgomery
No real experience here myself, but from what I've read some TVs work better than others, and some have a problem handshaking with the TV. Have you tried it on a different TV/monitor?

not yet I only have one with HDMI but I will try and go to a friends house and give it a try, im waiting to try my gf's EVO to see if it does it too, If hers doesnt do it then I know its my phone, I was having trouble with random resets on my phone aswell, i havent noticed it since fully rooting....

widjit

Apr 5, 2007
Montgomery
Update: I tried my ft's EVO and same problem, haven't got to try a diff. T.V. yet maybe latter today I can.

-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App

ajbrickyard

Feb 25, 2008
Philly
It's the tv, I've went through the same thing, it works fine on my TVs at home but at my mom and my sisters houses it did not work, they both have the same TVs it freezes and reboot the phone.

diomark

Jan 24, 2007
Any one else having trouble with HDMI re-booting? Every time I plug in my hdmi cable to my tv the phone freezes and then reboots, tried stock rom and rooted damagecontrol rom both with the same issue...

Same issue.. Mine starts to reboot but never finishes (I end up having to pull the battery out..) - gets stuck at the white HTC EVO 4G screen:(

-m

Last edited:

widjit

Apr 5, 2007
Montgomery
Well its good to know its not just me, I'm going to a friends house to try it on his... or maybe I will just go to best buy and try it up there on multiple TV's think they would mind...

-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App