HDR compability?

Search This thread

maderos

Sep 24, 2011
Hi. Just quick question: is this device hdr compatible? Netflix says that no, youtube shows no hdr ( i can play hdr videos but with no hdr efects ). Anyone?

likecookies

Sep 4, 2013
Hi. Just quick question: is this device hdr compatible? Netflix says that no, youtube shows no hdr ( i can play hdr videos but with no hdr efects ). Anyone?

Should be it is listed many places as having HDR 10+. I haven't tried but will now.

Edit yea Netflix says it is not compatible....

Last edited:

x1tymez

Oct 14, 2011
Quoted from reviews "One thing worth noting is that Netflix does not support HDR playback on the FE as of writing this - YouTube and Amazon Prime Video, on the other hand, do, so the phone definitely supports HDR, but it will be up to Netflix to enable the streaming support in HDR. The DRM Info app reports the phone is indeed capable of HDR10, HDR10+, and HLG playback, and it has Widevine Level 1." They need to support it. The hardware is there.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

bigmout

Oct 8, 2007
Neither Netflix nor Prime shows in HDR for me on the S20 FE. Youtube detects the display is HDR capable, but does not seem to activate HDR (e.g., by maxing the brightness). My guess is Samsung caught these content providers by surprise with the release of the S20 FE, so they haven't had time to certify the display and make sure it works correctly with their services.

maderos

Sep 24, 2011
It is no for me. Youtube app or vanced, no hdr effect.

Edit. Youtube app shows me hdr content but brightness changes too frequent.

Sent from my S20 FE 5G

Last edited:

jhobc

May 26, 2012
Heaven and Hell
Hi!

This issue is fixed?

I want to purchase the device and before that I want to know if the HDR support exists on Netflix.

Can someone please share a screenshot at "App settings - Reproduction specification" in the Netflix app?

Best Regards

maik005

Feb 15, 2009
Google Pixel 7a

Attachments

• 1621255959411.png
    1621255959411.png
    129.3 KB · Views: 245
Reactions: jhobc

jhobc

May 26, 2012
Heaven and Hell
Thanks a lot @maik005 !

Samsung/Netflix forgotten about the HDR support for this device.

I will buy the device. Have nice specs for the price ratio.

Let's hope for some fix in a early future

But at least have Full HD... Better than nothing

maik005

Feb 15, 2009
Google Pixel 7a
I can play them without a problem.
But the display stays at low brightness and it does not look like HDR even with B
max brightness.
Tested with VLC and Samsung Video Player.

Top Liked Posts