Head units RockChip PX5 with MCU S32F0 (Android 8.0.0/Android9.0.0)

Search This thread

GrantCuzzie

Dec 9, 2020
Hello All, just a newbie to the forum, but I've been playing with my unit for some time and no success in resolving a problem and hopefully you can help! The touch screen stops responding, a mouse plugged into USB works fine, and often after killing all apps and restarting it will work for a while. I find Bluetooth and WiFi cause it to occur more often and also the Google Play Protect stops it working also. I'm getting very frustrated, my seller on Ali has been helpful as possible, I've replaced the physical touch panel, but no change. I've just update the MCU to the latest version I found here: https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=973677 and also tried the Update from Malaysk, but still getting the issue. I have the S32F0_XinRC Unit with 6686 Radio. Thanks!

royalhawk2002

Sep 21, 2008
Avezzano
Hello All, just a newbie to the forum, but I've been playing with my unit for some time and no success in resolving a problem and hopefully you can help! The touch screen stops responding, a mouse plugged into USB works fine, and often after killing all apps and restarting it will work for a while. I find Bluetooth and WiFi cause it to occur more often and also the Google Play Protect stops it working also. I'm getting very frustrated, my seller on Ali has been helpful as possible, I've replaced the physical touch panel, but no change. I've just update the MCU to the latest version I found here: https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=973677 and also tried the Update from Malaysk, but still getting the issue. I have the S32F0_XinRC Unit with 6686 Radio. Thanks!
I think that you have an HW issue. The only solution , in my opinion, is to ask to the seller to replace the unit.

tino199

Oct 3, 2020
[QUOTE = "tino199, post: 84049233, membro: 11157441"]
[QUOTE = "royalhawk2002, post: 83870875, membro: 1227970"]
Aggiornamento LEIMA FW 2020.10

Nuovo aggiornamento AI 2010.10, disponibile qui:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12i4sWwcCR79IILjMfJE0W-Ar_YE66NZk

viene fornito anche il nuovo MCU per radio 7708. Basta estrarre il file "stm32_leima_px5_7708_201020.rar" e all'interno troverai il file "tbandmcu_S32F0_LEIMA_20201020_HD1.bin" per le nostre unità.

Installa a tuo rischio.
[/ CITAZIONE]
ho installato la rom di malaysk tutto ok. mi ritrovo con mcu leima da aggiornare ma non vorrei avere problemi dovrei aggiornare?
[/CITAZIONE]
nella cartella non riesco più a trovare il file per mcu.rar ma solo .zip? ho sbagliato?

royalhawk2002

Sep 21, 2008
Avezzano
[QUOTE = "tino199, post: 84049233, membro: 11157441"]
[QUOTE = "royalhawk2002, post: 83870875, membro: 1227970"]
Aggiornamento LEIMA FW 2020.10

Nuovo aggiornamento AI 2010.10, disponibile qui:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12i4sWwcCR79IILjMfJE0W-Ar_YE66NZk

viene fornito anche il nuovo MCU per radio 7708. Basta estrarre il file "stm32_leima_px5_7708_201020.rar" e all'interno troverai il file "tbandmcu_S32F0_LEIMA_20201020_HD1.bin" per le nostre unità.

Installa a tuo rischio.
[/ CITAZIONE]
ho installato la rom di malaysk tutto ok. mi ritrovo con mcu leima da aggiornare ma non vorrei avere problemi dovrei aggiornare?
[/CITAZIONE]
nella cartella non riesco più a trovare il file per mcu.rar ma solo .zip? ho sbagliato?
The seller removed the MCU file. The folder was modified by the seller on 10th of december.
They added the latest Android FW version released on 12/2020.
You will find the MCU file here:
I am sharing it.
PS Please use english on this forum

Last edited:

tino199

Oct 3, 2020
[QUOTE = "royalhawk2002, post: 84099791, membro: 1227970"]
Il venditore ha rimosso il file MCU. La cartella è stata modificata dal venditore il 10 dicembre.
Hanno aggiunto l'ultima versione di Android FW rilasciata il 12/2020.
Troverai il file MCU qui:
[URL unfurl = "true"] https://drive.google.com/file/d/1naBj2U53FPiG1yAw5IEeEIeUl2b3RYZA/view?usp=sharing [/ URL]
Lo sto condividendo.
PS Per favore usa l'inglese su questo forum
[/ CITAZIONE]
thank you so much. the android update I don't know if it suits me I put the malaysk rom

fabiusx01

Jul 23, 2014
Hello everyone, I too am a recently owner of an erisin 8128, with firmware and mcu leima, thanks to @royalhawk2002 I have updated my mcu com very easily, I haven't updated the firmware yet because to be honest I have had the radio for 2 days and I'm afraid of blocking it :-D. I was wondering if any of you know how to disable the brightness that is lowered after turning on the lights.

Reactions: royalhawk2002

royalhawk2002

Sep 21, 2008
Avezzano
Hello everyone, I too am a recently owner of an erisin 8128, with firmware and mcu leima, thanks to @royalhawk2002 I have updated my mcu com very easily, I haven't updated the firmware yet because to be honest I have had the radio for 2 days and I'm afraid of blocking it :-D. I was wondering if any of you know how to disable the brightness that is lowered after turning on the lights.
There is a setting in the Display section, if I am not wrong, where you can disable it. I did it on mine

royalhawk2002

Sep 21, 2008
Avezzano
Hi, I couldn't find it, could you give me more precise directions on where to go? and then I wanted to ask you if you managed to get MtcDialer to work, which version should I look for for Android 10?
I will give you precise directions, as soon as my car is back from the shop. Regarding MtcDialer, it will not work on these units. It is specific for MTC MCU. Note that you don't have Android 10, but Android 9, even if the Chinese is saying that (fake). The api level of Android 10 are 29, we have API level 28 = Android 9

fabiusx01

Jul 23, 2014
I will give you precise directions, as soon as my car is back from the shop. Regarding MtcDialer, it will not work on these units. It is specific for MTC MCU. Note that you don't have Android 10, but Android 9, even if the Chinese is saying that (fake). The api level of Android 10 are 29, we have API level 28 = Android 9
Thanks I found it, I was looking for it in the advanced settings instead it was right there in front. Now I have a more serious problem I hope you can help me .... when the radio goes into standby, the bluethoot remains active unlike my old PX5, my apartment is close to the garace consequently when I go down and turn off the car the bluethoot stays connected and I don't hear the phone when it rings. How do I deactivate the bluethoot when I remove the keys from the car?

Reactions: royalhawk2002

royalhawk2002

Sep 21, 2008
Avezzano
Thanks I found it, I was looking for it in the advanced settings instead it was right there in front. Now I have a more serious problem I hope you can help me .... when the radio goes into standby, the bluethoot remains active unlike my old PX5, my apartment is close to the garace consequently when I go down and turn off the car the bluethoot stays connected and I don't hear the phone when it rings. How do I deactivate the bluethoot when I remove the keys from the car?
In the advanced settings, which is the time (in seconds) you have set before to sleep ? If you set 10 (seconds), after this time the BT disconnects. These units have a different sleep function wrt the MTC. After the time above they go in "standby" and they power off completely only when the car battery goes under a certain voltage.

fabiusx01

Jul 23, 2014
In the advanced settings, which is the time (in seconds) you have set before to sleep ? If you set 10 (seconds), after this time the BT disconnects. These units have a different sleep function wrt the MTC. After the time above they go in "standby" and they power off completely only when the car battery goes under a certain voltage.
you mean this? I put a high value because every time I got out of the car it took 5 minutes to start

Attachments

• PXL_20201218_172505376.jpg
    PXL_20201218_172505376.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 139

royalhawk2002

Sep 21, 2008
Avezzano
you mean this? I put a high value because every time I got out of the car it took 5 minutes to start
Power Off/Sleep delay is the value to put i.e. at 10 to disconnect the BT and have fast boot every time. The strange issue is that with a low value you report that the unit starts with long time... this value is not affecting the complete power off, unless you have disabled the "Sleep" function in the other menu (password 0000120 or 0000121 or 0000122). If you have "Sleep" enabled and you have a complete boot every time you start the car, then probably you have the +B (fixed 12V) and ACC wires swapped on the Can Bus Box. I read on other forums that this has been found on some units.

fabiusx01

Jul 23, 2014
Power Off/Sleep delay is the value to put i.e. at 10 to disconnect the BT and have fast boot every time. The strange issue is that with a low value you report that the unit starts with long time... this value is not affecting the complete power off, unless you have disabled the "Sleep" function in the other menu (password 0000120 or 0000121 or 0000122). If you have "Sleep" enabled and you have a complete boot every time you start the car, then probably you have the +B (fixed 12V) and ACC wires swapped on the Can Bus Box. I read on other forums that this has been found on some units.

So where do you set the time after which the radio turns off completely?

Stifler2000

Jul 20, 2011
Hi there,
on my radio it does not show which MCU version I have under System. got the McuUnmatchUnlock.apk does not work, nothing happens.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I posted here last month about my headunit, I'm pleased to say the performance has gotten much better over time. When I first got the unit, it was very slow and laggy even with 4GB of RAM. But now the performance is excellent, I can switch between apps on the fly and multitask without issue.

The "Screen Mirror" app on my headunit was atrocious; it had no touch screen functionality, crashed constantly, and did not enlarge the display. I've since installed this Apple CarPlay adapter: Binize Wireless Carplay/Android Auto USB Dongle (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B084X4WY6C). This really changed the simplicity of the device for me. The scaling seems off in Android, and apps like Google Maps are very small and the Apple Music app is cutoff. With car play, the apps are scaled perfect and the controls are much more simplified for driving. But I still have the full Android operating system for watching videos, using the Torque App, browsing the internet, etc.

Only real qualm I have left about my headunit is very flaky when it comes to connecting to the mobile hotspot. If I have the hotspot enabled before I start the car, it connects automatically about 65% of the time. If I forget or it fails, its an awful combination of turning off the headunit wifi and the hotspot until it connects.

I use Google Maps as navigator, and I have Macrodroid installed on my phone to enable the hotspot when connects by Bluetooth with the car. It works like a charm. It always connects and I've driven long distances without a problem. Maybe the problem is on your phone, try with another phone. I use the app Free Notification Reader (https: //play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pelix.notify&hl=en_US) too, this app allows you to listen and answer WhatsApp and other apps with your voice when in your car. It activates only when connected by Bluetooth and it works perfectly for me.

Only have two problems, my physical buttons do not light. Maybe the ILL cable was disconnected, but I have to dismount half-car to check it. I've tried to activate the light in factory settings, changing the setting from head-light to power, but the lights still didn't work. The other problem is that I can't call with voice. I've tried MTCDialer without success.
    Anyone has this radio , is it possible to update ?

https://xdaforums.com/picture.php?albumid=15993&pictureid=59835

https://xdaforums.com/picture.php?albumid=15993&pictureid=59837

Have no idea why photos are not loading hence link to my album in XDA

Take a look here : http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=973677
    I use Google translate, but I am not brave enough to flash any of the ROMs from there.
    I have the same unit I'm my Camry.
    I have a Hizpo Android10 head unit with the same MCU version (I think, first letters are same: S32F0). Also interested in if there are updates available and how the h**l you can acivate recovery mode with button presses.

Skickat från min BLA-L29 via Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 AM ----------

Hoping as time passes more will get these HU's and eventually root and cook a ROM for them.

Mine has a number of issues,
    1) The OEM reverse camera only works for 3 seconds when selecting reverse then it switches off
    2) The basic DSP works but the more advanced DSP doesn't
    3) GPS is very inaccurate
    4) No RDS
    5) Volume and radio channels change by themselves
    6) Car settings don't work
    7) Open doors indicator is switched around, left door open shows right door on HU.

Are you sure you have the same unit?
    Because:
    1) My reverse camera works,
    2) DSP Works
    3) Gps never give me problem, error of 3 meters is normal
    4) RDS works perfectly
    5)Never happen to me
    6) car setting works, i changed SW and other settings
    7) I didnt have that functions (in my car) so i cannot test
    It seems but, as already said, it is a very small update.... I don't understand
    when you look into meta info the small one seems to be update for real Android 10 and the big one is for Fake-Android 10