headset controls on the One are LAME

Search This thread

jebise101

Jan 22, 2010
This is the kind of thing that makes me want to go back to Samsung, I mean they are the leaders in sound yet can't get music controls correct and keep a freaken standard. Last HTC I had came with a 3 buttons headset and through all Android did. With the One they give you good headphones but a single button headset and no way to skip tracks.:crying: I tried 3rd party apps like headset droid to make use of the single button headset but it seems like some clicks go unregistered, single click (pause) works, but when you double click all presses after that go unregistered and you have to click (pause) click (unpause) and then you can change the track.

I confirmed using the button monitor that clicks after a track change go unregistered which seems odd and I'm surprised no one else has this issue? This is with the stock music player.

When using Play Music and setting Headset Droid to specifically control it it starts to work like i want but weird the stock player canot be controlled the same way.

Tw1tchy

May 28, 2011
VanCoVer
Complaints like this are stupid. It's just headset controls and if it is really annoying you buy a different phone.

I know it may seem a bit harsh but a complaint like this is a bit redundant.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

osiriskidd

Dec 22, 2009
This is the kind of thing that makes me want to go back to Samsung, I mean they are the leaders in sound yet can't get music controls correct and keep a freaken standard. Last HTC I had came with a 3 buttons headset and through all Android did. With the One they give you good headphones but a single button headset and no way to skip tracks.:crying: I tried 3rd party apps like headset droid to make use of the single button headset but it seems like some clicks go unregistered, single click (pause) works, but when you double click all presses after that go unregistered and you have to click (pause) click (unpause) and then you can change the track.

I confirmed using the button monitor that clicks after a track change go unregistered which seems odd and I'm surprised no one else has this issue? This is with the stock music player.

When using Play Music and setting Headset Droid to specifically control it it starts to work like i want but weird the stock player canot be controlled the same way.

same issue.
poweramp works really well for me.

jebise101

Jan 22, 2010
Complaints like this are stupid. It's just headset controls and if it is really annoying you buy a different phone.

I know it may seem a bit harsh but a complaint like this is a bit redundant.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Why is it stupid? The controls have nothing to do with the phone. The phone (stock music player) has the capability its just the supplied headset are lacking. If they supplied a 3 button headset like most newer phones then this would not be an issue (brothers Note 2 three button headset can skip tacks when plugged into the HTC One). Last HTC came bundled with a 3 button headset and if the One did I would not have to resort to 3rd party music apps and apps to control a single button headset. If they wanted to supply it with a single button headset then the music player should have been modified to support it.

Sure I can go buy Beats but the supplied headset should be able to complete a simple task such as changing a track.

MrBlahBlah

Dec 11, 2012
I wish there was a MOD that fixed this! Drives me CRAZY. And I don't want to switch music players - I actually think everything else considered, HTC's music app is one of the best I've used on Android

Will.1

Sep 9, 2009
Pffff drives me crazy, so ridiculous.
I wish there was a mod to bypass the damn default settings of the headset button. This way we could use Jays Headset Control app....

jebise101

Jan 22, 2010
I gave up on it and use Google Music now, I really liked the stock player but can't complain with the recent updates Google added. I froze the stock player so it never kicks in

cjunk

Mar 16, 2013
So it does not work with a 3 button headset, or you are just obsessed with the fact that it it not COME with one?
Because it would seem like a simple fix to just buy one, if the phone supports it.

choare

May 15, 2013
Dublin
I just used the 3-button control headset that came with my Desire HD (they're still available on the internet) and it worked perfectly as before. I can answer calls, skip tracks, change radio stations etc...