Heat

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
Some phones are great to take camping because if you play Asphalt 8 long enough, the back warms up to the ideal temperature that can bake bread. Rate this thread to express the extent to which the OnePlus 3 stays cool under extended heavy use. A higher rating indicates that even when playing strenuous games for long periods of time, the phone doesn't get uncomfortably warm.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

drmjrahman

Oct 28, 2012
Kolkata
www.facebook.com
This phone does incredibly well with heat. Whereas other S820 devices I've used like the S7, G5, and 10 get noticeable, and uncomfortably hot after watching 10 minutes of video, the 1+3 gets barely warm. It's really really really good with heat!

but my phone got warmer today when it was in pocket and i was not using it while I was in underground railway with mobile data and location turned on. Is my device should be reported to 1+3 care or to be exchanged!!

edios123

Jun 10, 2012
Kannur
This phone does incredibly well with heat. Whereas other S820 devices I've used like the S7, G5, and 10 get noticeable, and uncomfortably hot after watching 10 minutes of video, the 1+3 gets barely warm. It's really really really good with heat!

Does your phone warm while charging it? Mine does, but I see some people saying it stays cold during charging.

And after some use of camera it does get hot on top of the screen and back. Is that normal?

And one game I tried, it got very warm, same with some minutes of camera. Same for you?

PivotMasterNM

Jan 19, 2013
Düsseldorf
Does your phone warm while charging it? Mine does, but I see some people saying it stays cold during charging.

And after some use of camera it does get hot on top of the screen and back. Is that normal?

And one game I tried, it got very warm, same with some minutes of camera. Same for you?

I don't own an OP3 yet (damn you shipping time :( ), but

I can tell you that those scenarios are perfectly normal, every phone heats up a lot when using camera, charging & gaming.

the people who said their phone stayed cool while charging probably werent quick charging with the dash charger :)

Reactions: edios123

edios123

Jun 10, 2012
Kannur

I can tell you that those scenarios are perfectly normal, every phone heats up a lot when using camera, charging & gaming.

the people who said their phone stayed cool while charging probably werent quick charging with the dash charger :)
It's a lot lot better than my 6P did. But I just wanted to be sure.

Let me know after you get the phone please.

laz3r69

Jan 20, 2012
Kerala,India
I have updated my phone to Oxygen 3.1.2. I have been experiencing heating issue around the camera area.

Temperature reading screenshots from CPU-Z have been attached.

j4NYnT5.png

RJ3u2Kw.png

edios123

Jun 10, 2012
Kannur
My phone gets very hot if I use it while charging. Like to around 46-47C. Is this normal?
Very hot.

Z51

Nov 28, 2006
I haven't felt mine hot at all. Even while quick charging on the dash charger. OnePlus finally got it right.

Sent From My OnePlus 3

zpon

Dec 5, 2008
I am getting similar effects, becomes hot at times when I'm walking around with it in my pocket. The power consumption also seems to be worse when I carry it in my pocket.
I have a theory about it being because the fingerprint scanner is being triggered, but I haven't done any kind of testing yet, so please keep in mind it is only a theory.

laz3r69

Jan 20, 2012
Kerala,India
I am getting similar effects, becomes hot at times when I'm walking around with it in my pocket. The power consumption also seems to be worse when I carry it in my pocket.
I have a theory about it being because the fingerprint scanner is being triggered, but I haven't done any kind of testing yet, so please keep in mind it is only a theory.

Yeah.. that's an issue that's been hoggin OP2 and now OP3. I think OP Devs will include a fix to check proximity sensor before unlock or have a 'pocket mode', perhaps.

For the time being, keep the phone in your pocket such that the screen faces outside.

Reactions: zpon

edios123

Jun 10, 2012
Kannur
LOL 45 is ice cold !!! my lg g2 used to heat upto 75*C ! that is hot ! my op3 is always in 40-60s max :) chill ur device is just fine

Haha, I know 45 looks cold compared to 75C. But hey, even I had a Note 4 which would go up to 75C very EASILY. CPU Temp app even showed 88C (seems slightly inaccurate tho).

But the thing is, even though the temp reads only 45-48C, it feels really HOT!

I hope the replacement one will be better.

shriom_manerker

Mar 23, 2011
Margao,Goa
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 5T
Haha, I know 45 looks cold compared to 75C. But hey, even I had a Note 4 which would go up to 75C very EASILY. CPU Temp app even showed 88C (seems slightly inaccurate tho).

But the thing is, even though the temp reads only 45-48C, it feels really HOT!

I hope the replacement one will be better.
That is weird indeed, mine only got hot during first installation of apps and for the 3.1.2 update, nothing after that at all. Right now I'm playing skydforce reloaded and the phone is shockingly cold. Just a tad warm

Reactions: edios123

edios123

Jun 10, 2012
Kannur
That is weird indeed, mine only got hot during first installation of apps and for the 3.1.2 update, nothing after that at all. Right now I'm playing skydforce reloaded and the phone is shockingly cold. Just a tad warm

My device acted in a weird way. Sometimes it stays only slightly warm while gaming and sometimes it gets warm only when browsing on Chrome.
Though while charging and using, it gets really hot (which shouldn't happen, according to others).

shriom_manerker

Mar 23, 2011
Margao,Goa
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 5T
My device acted in a weird way. Sometimes it stays only slightly warm while gaming and sometimes it gets warm only when browsing on Chrome.
Though while charging and using, it gets really hot (which shouldn't happen, according to others).
Charging and using will always result in heat! One plus did a good job reducing it but it will heat up a bit.

shriom_manerker

Mar 23, 2011
Margao,Goa
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 5T
I know. But if it heats as much as any other normal QC device, then what's so special about Dash Charge (excluding the faster charge)?
My older device was lg g2 and man that is what I recall being hot..i couldn't hold it in hand while charging and using WhatsApp. This is far better with the one plus 3, so I guess it's working? I don't know... XDA portal has a post on this explaining the whole thing, and it works according to them. Maybe it's your charger/device issue?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The phone can be a little bit warm sometimes but nothing that bothers me

Let me know after you get the phone please.

It's going to take a loooong time unfortunately haha, they say it will arrive approx. 3rd July :(
    The heat issue seems to be gone now. And my phone is back to normal again. I reflashed the firmware

reflashed the firm in sense clean install??