• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Heat

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
Some phones are great to take camping because if you play Asphalt 8 long enough, the back warms up to the ideal temperature that can bake bread. Rate this thread to express the extent to which the Lenovo Zuk Z2 Pro stays cool under extended heavy use. A higher rating indicates that even when playing strenuous games for long periods of time, the phone doesn't get uncomfortably warm.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

Stock ZUI thermal-engine.conf is pretty conservative, and starts throttling at pretty low temperatures, which seems to actually make it potentially more unstable switching CPU states and sometimes hard freezing. Definitely recommend using the one from @void23's kernel with AEX 4.6 (note, just the thermal config, not the kernel until he updates it for 4.6) and it won't throttle so hard, benchmarks higher, and still stays really cool in comparison to some of the speed demons out there.

Reactions: MRDA1981

Karly Johnston

Sep 19, 2014
Compared to my Mi-4c it stays much cooler and takes several times longer to heat up. It never gets unbearably warm either. The Xiaomi's screen gets so hot it can't even differentiate my touch points.

Jawad_samiran

Sep 13, 2021
My phone gets hot as soon as I play a game or convert a video. I had to root my device and limited it's CPU frequency to avoid it getting hot quickly. Now it's only warm but of course not very speedy.
Any solution?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Stock ZUI thermal-engine.conf is pretty conservative, and starts throttling at pretty low temperatures, which seems to actually make it potentially more unstable switching CPU states and sometimes hard freezing. Definitely recommend using the one from @void23's kernel with AEX 4.6 (note, just the thermal config, not the kernel until he updates it for 4.6) and it won't throttle so hard, benchmarks higher, and still stays really cool in comparison to some of the speed demons out there.