Heat

Search This thread

nipuna

Aug 24, 2010
Wow are your temps still that low? How about when wireless charging? I have the South Korean version too and I hit about 40c when wireless charging, and a lot of times it just sits around 35c when doing normal tasks.

See the test temps below. It does heat up a bit when charging- let me test how hot next time i do.

It gets warm - but rarely and at rather odd times. Like yesterday, when the only apps i was using were MS edge and music.

It runs pretty cool when under the msot stressful tasks i guve like when i edit videos usuing inshot or when i run multiple apps on dex. It stands out especially because my old note 10+ got quite hot under both these scenarios.

I don't really game.

asniff

Oct 26, 2016
Jakarta
My exynos 990 lte gets warm on daily usage and warmer while gaming (43C) I play PUBG with smooth and extreme frame rate. Basically my phone will run around 32C to 43C..

davidsmash098

Mar 11, 2011
How are everyone's Temps when using the camera? My phone hits around 40c/102f and starts draining battery crazy fast whenever taking pictures and video. Is that normal for everyone else? I have the sd865 Korean variant.

davidsmash098

Mar 11, 2011
See the test temps below. It does heat up a bit when charging- let me test how hot next time i do.

It gets warm - but rarely and at rather odd times. Like yesterday, when the only apps i was using were MS edge and music.

It runs pretty cool when under the msot stressful tasks i guve like when i edit videos usuing inshot or when i run multiple apps on dex. It stands out especially because my old note 10+ got quite hot under both these scenarios.

I don't really game.

How's your battery life? I'm wondering if mine is a dud or if there's settings I can change, but my phone seems to stay on the hotter side and battery life is decent, not great. I don't know if they so replacements here in Korea but I would be interested if it's possible.

nipuna

Aug 24, 2010
How's your battery life? I'm wondering if mine is a dud or if there's settings I can change, but my phone seems to stay on the hotter side and battery life is decent, not great. I don't know if they so replacements here in Korea but I would be interested if it's possible.

Battery life is comparable to most other phones I've used - like Note 10. On Adaptive 120. Attached GSAM's breakdown. How's yours?

Temp does hit 40 when wireless charging.. but thats normal me thinks.

blackhawk

• Jun 23, 2020
    It heat like a hot fry pan. While using phone normally. if i get call. I can't even touch is to my cheek. Sometimes it feel it will burn my skin.
    With my Note 9 this heating issue was even more worst. Due to overheat. I wasn't able to use camera more than 10-15 minutes. Camera app keep stopping because of overheat.
    Worst phone brand. Even after having so much innovation. Samsung Note series always disappoint me.

It's nasty and a common problem but you can probably sort it out if you're persistent.
    What apks are running? Samsung Battery Tracker is helpful. However a some of background activity doesn't show on it. The apks that are cache and running services gives more clues to the offenders.
    Monitoring current drain realtime is useful too; look at recent cache apks when it goes high.
    Clearing system cache with the old Samsung Device Care helps stop it sometimes too. Using PD MDM and clearing data on Goggle Framework, Backup Transport and GSM as needed and/or blocking the former two.

Any of these phones can run hot because of rogue background apks and/or bad configuration.
    It's burning up the battery... my Snapdragon 10+ was doing the same thing. Runs cool now.

You need to play with it, a lot. It's witchy.
    I learned by trial and error for my particular load.

Last edited:

davidsmash098

Mar 11, 2011
    Battery life is comparable to most other phones I've used - like Note 10. On Adaptive 120. Attached GSAM's breakdown. How's yours?

Temp does hit 40 when wireless charging.. but thats normal me thinks.

Mine is similar actually. I just don't understand how some of these people are posted 8hr+ SOTs and how there can be so much variance in battery life.

icharlesi

Mar 4, 2016
    I'm recently owner of a pristine N20U Exynos model. What I can say about heat is totally fine in numbers, but it's true that I noticed, comparing it to my last snapdragon845, that the back of the phone is actually hotter than it is in CPU and battery monitoring. This makes me think that Samsung is using the back part of the phone to disipate heat so while holding it in ur hand in normal web browsing, You tube Etc... it feels noticeable warm. But nothing to worry about as numbers are within normal range.

Last edited:

Goku1992

• Feb 29, 2016
    Dortmund
    Guys the battery temperature is about the same ob all versions... But the soc (Prozessor) Temperature is another thing... The exynos is hotter than the snapdragon... Also throttles more...

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone