Hello - and can anyone help me sync Lotus Notes ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

verygrumpy

Feb 11, 2009
Afternoon all...

I you might tell I'm very new to XDAdevelopers, the folks at Inkino suggested I take a look and get your advice as I've just taken the plunge and replaced my creaking Palm T3 witha shiney new HTC Touch HD and working being what is is I'm stuck with Lotus Notes 8 as a "productivity tool".

I'm somewhat grumpy to find that haven't dug very deep into my pocket for the HD and less deeply for the Sync "middle-ware" IBM EasySync Pro that the two won't talk and the whole exercise looks like a sectacular waste of money.

During the first sync, while loading EasySync Pro into the PDA memory (not the card) I get this message on the PDA:

cesetup.dll

"Unable to launch \Windows\211\XCPCSyncSvr.exe : Error 2"

I've tried tweaking the registry "HKLM - Security - Policies - Policies - 0000101b" to a "1", with no effect. I spoken with HTC support and they blame IBM, IBM are blaming HTC and WM6.1.

Not good - :mad:

Is there a tested solution ?

To recap

HTC Touch HD running WM6.1 -> Ibm EasySync Pro v4.2.6 -> Lotus Notes 8

I want to sync "Calendar", "Contacts", "Memos" and "To Dos" - not Email.

Any help or advide would be greatfully received...
Yours VeryGrumpy...

verygrumpy

Feb 11, 2009
There's a lot of discussion about WM6.1 "security policies" - is the issue that EasySync Pro doesn't have a recognised Certificate ?

MS -vs- IBM ?

:confused:

Svegetto

Sep 17, 2008
As a heads up

I think you'll be hardpressed to find much help on the topic, as I don't think Lotus Notes plays nice with wm.
Though I'd like to see lotus notes calander/email on wm as well

Apr 27, 2006
UK
I use Lotus Notes (6.5 - I know!) at work. I use a piece of software (not free) called companionlink to sync to a google account.

Until recently I used OggSync to sync my Google account with my Touch HD, but have just started trying Googles Activesync client for Calendar and contacts.

The best I've seen is mNotes from Commontime (again not free) - it can even give you push syncronisation if your IT department will play ... if not then there's a desktop version.

The other approach I've tried is to sync my blackberry (supplied by the company and synced with Lotus Notes) to a google account and the Touch HD to the google account as well.

Not used it but emoze also claims to play with Lotus Notes, so it might be worth checking that out?

moukis

Dec 29, 2008
Solution in my case

Hello mate,

I had the same problem and here how I fixed it.

First of all start with a fresh installation.

1. Remove EasySync from your PC
2. Uninstall EasySync from you HD
3. After that navigate to \Windows\211 and delete the folder 211.
You will not be able to do it right away so you will need to rename to 211v and then back again to 211. Once you do this, delete the folder.
4. Reinstall and it should work.

Now the tricky part that happens when you restart your HD.

Download MortScript( http://sto-helit.de/index.php?module=download&action=view&entry=65 ). You can read in the website to get more info for this app. if you are not already familiar with it. It basically allows you to run batch files.

After that open notepad and copy paste this piece of "code" and save it as XCPCSyncSvr_101.mscr and put it in \windows\startup folder but make sure you delete the application start up link in the \windows\startup

Rename("\Windows\211","\Windows\211v")
Rename("\Windows\211v","\Windows\211")
Run("\Windows\211\XCPCSyncSvr.exe")
If(ProcExists("XCPCSyncSvr.exe"))
SleepMessage(3,"XCPCSyncSvr started")
Else
Message("XCPCSyncSvr NOT started!")
EndIf

This will do the trick. Make sure that you will do this procedure before you restart your HD.

If something is unclear let me know to clarify it.

(I found the solution in a search long time ago, so credit to them)
Please let me know, how this worked for you.

moukis

Dec 29, 2008
I think you'll be hardpressed to find much help on the topic, as I don't think Lotus Notes plays nice with wm.
Though I'd like to see lotus notes calander/email on wm as well

Am working Lotus Notes with EasySync Pro with absolutely no problems :D. Also the calendar in WM is very good, as you can see the attendees and also the topic which a meeting created in Notes includes.

I will post a screenshot later today.

Last edited:

Svegetto

Sep 17, 2008
Am working Lotus Notes with EasySync Pro with absolutely no problems :D. Also the calendar in WM is very good, as you can see the attendees and also the topic which a meeting created in Notes includes.

I will post a screenshot later today.

Please do; seems like I have some work coming my way to sync up the HD with lotus notes. Well done on your part

verygrumpy

Feb 11, 2009
The fix !

Hello mate,

You will not be able to do it right away so you will need to rename to 211v and then back again to 211. Once you do this, delete the folder.

Download MortScript( http://sto-helit.de/index.php?module=download&action=view&entry=65 ). You can read in the website to get more info for this app. if you are not already familiar with it. It basically allows you to run batch files.

After that open notepad and copy paste this piece of "code" and save it as XCPCSyncSvr_101.mscr and put it in \windows\startup folder but make sure you delete the application start up link in the \windows\startup

Else
EndIf

This will do the trick. Make sure that you will do this procedure before you restart your HD.

Superb - it worked first time...

:D

I wasn't too sure about the MortScript install being new to WM devices but it all came together

THANK YOU !!!

:):)

moukis

Dec 29, 2008
@ verygrumpy

Am really glad that it worked out for you :D

@ Svegetto

Here are some screenshots from my calendar sync with notes. Unfortunately am not using email sync.

Attachments

• home.JPG
    home.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 76
  • 1st.JPG
    1st.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 80
  • 2nd.JPG
    2nd.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 3rd.JPG
    3rd.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

jeremymacmull

Sep 8, 2006
Portsmouth, UK
I am a Lotus Notes Administrator at work just had a read of this thread.

Has your IT department investigated Lotus Traveler.

Push email, Contacts, Calendar, Tasks and Journal synching and pushing for lotus domino servers to Windows mobile or symbian devices.

http://www-01.ibm.com/software/lotus/products/notes/traveler.html

We use this at work with HP Ipaqs instead of blackberry or BES (as this is free if you already have a notes licence so the only cost is the hardware of the device which you have already)

and its very very good expecially if your company is running a 8.5 domino server where encryption, notes rich text and even sametime (instant messaging) can be gotten working.

Jeremy

moukis

Dec 29, 2008
How?

I am a Lotus Notes Administrator at work just had a read of this thread.

Has your IT department investigated Lotus Traveler.

Push email, Contacts, Calendar, Tasks and Journal synching and pushing for lotus domino servers to Windows mobile or symbian devices.

http://www-01.ibm.com/software/lotus/products/notes/traveler.html

We use this at work with HP Ipaqs instead of blackberry or BES (as this is free if you already have a notes licence so the only cost is the hardware of the device which you have already)

and its very very good expecially if your company is running a 8.5 domino server where encryption, notes rich text and even sametime (instant messaging) can be gotten working.

Jeremy

Jeremy how do you push it? Do you need to connect with vpn? Because in my case i have to connect to the company's vpn (split tunneling vpn) and then to retrieve my mail.

nkmoore

May 12, 2007
Jeremy how do you push it? Do you need to connect with vpn? Because in my case i have to connect to the company's vpn (split tunneling vpn) and then to retrieve my mail.

I use Traveller myself on my company phone (TyTn 2) and it's a great piece of software.

I have never a lot of success with VPN connections on WM, but that said I've never really tried that hard at it either. If you can establish a VPN connection on your device then it should work quite happily.

The best solution would be to find someone in your IT department who would be interested in getting it rolled out. If Notes / Domino is your corporate mail platform and you have a number of workers with WM phones this shouldn't be hard.

Traveller itself can run over HTTPS and uses Domino authentication so it's fairly secure and forwarding it's ports through the firewall offers very little risk.

Whatever you do it's going to involve your IT dept. as the software has to be installed on a server, but the installation is easy enough that I rolled it out in about 15 minutes.

alteba

Mar 5, 2009
Hello mate,

Else
EndIf

Great!! finally this works. I will see that IBM will get this information so they can update there techdocs.

at: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvi...475&loc=en_US&cs=UTF-8&lang=en&rss=ct465lotus

Thank you,

Bart Altena

janeyc

Mar 23, 2009
Lotus Traveller and VPN

I'm a Notes consultant and have Traveller working beautifully with our VPN. Our server is Domino 8.5 but it is designed to work with 8.0 also. The Traveller install was very easy and can be freely installed on Domino servers. I have an HTC S620 with WM6.0. I had awful trouble getting a PPTP VPN connection to work and finally gave up (seems to be an issue with PPTP client in WM6.0). However, it works really well with an L2TP connection with certificates. It automatically syncs your mail, calendar, and tasks. If you use Actions\Synchronize Address Book and Actions\Synchronize Journal while in your mail , it will also sync your contacts and personal journal. It can auto-sync or you can do it manually. Mostly I do it manually over wi-fi but it works on GPRS too. I've chucked out my Blackberry in favour of this solution.

fdp24

May 20, 2006
msw
if you want to go a step further with notes, try to look into Onebridge.
it will require to put some additional infrastructure to your notes environment, but at the same time you can make really secure access.
this will enable your users to sync thru gprs, wi-fi, etc. with home notes servers. infrastructure could be distributed, access gateways could be installed in different countries for your notes environment.
scalable, relaible solution for your Windows Mobile, Apple iPhone, Symbian Nokia and SonyEricsson, Palm OS, and OMA DS/SyncML, to sync with Notes and also with exchange.
regards,

won't be cheap :)

~Glitch~

Dec 12, 2008
Manila
to moukis >>> hey bro, any explanation why the need to rename and execute separately? The difference between the mortscript and the .lnk is only the 'rename' line. I tried and it worked perfectly. Just want to know :) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.