Hello and OT thread

Search This thread

swift2fly

Aug 9, 2011
My wife just surprised me with a sgs3, for my bday. Anyways just wanted to introduce myself because you will see me posting. I will have a lot of questions, after i read of course. I came from the Desire HD and Sensation so i'm familiar with android and rooting but now i'm dealing with a beast and this is my first samsung phone. Anyways, i'm glad to be apart of a new community.

sent from the Nudy bar, one handed.

Mod edit:

Lets give this idea a try, make sure to read this post

You know what, let's go with this idea.

As long as you guys can keep this friendly, lets make this the SGS3, hello and chat thread.

A few ground rules:

1) I am relying on everyone to report and ignore any trollish posts rather than respond to them

2) If this goes downhill, I will not hesitate to close it

That said, enjoy :good:

Last edited by a moderator:

graffixnyc

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive Recognized Deve
Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
Yes, read read read and then read some more. search before posting and try not to ask stupid questions or ask for things to be spoon fed to you and you'll be ok :)

Hi, I'm graffixnyc and I like unicorns and long walks on the beach

swift2fly

Aug 9, 2011
Lol you guys are a much tougher crowd than the HTC guys. This is my 3rd android phone and have been a member of xda since last november. I know the routine but goodlooking out.

graffixnyc

Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
Lol you guys are a much tougher crowd than the HTC guys. This is my 3rd android phone and have been a member of xda since last november. I know the routine but goodlooking out.

Yes, I discovered that too when I switched from HTC to Samsung.. But then again I think more idots use samsung devices so patience runs thin with more senior guys. hahhaha

gagb1967

Aug 23, 2010
Duluth, USA
if you are coming from HTC, you will catch up fast. SAmsung phones are usually "development friendly". Very easy to tinker with their phones (VZN Locked bootloader exempt)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

nodstuff

Apr 2, 2010
Cork
This kinda thread actually isn't a bad idea, well what I mean is to have ONE thread to introduce ourselves in, we all know each others user names but maybe we would have a better community if we said a bit about ourselves and our first names or something.
Just a thought.

Tom, 27, software dev student, I enjoy electronic music, cars, the outdoors and of course gadgets of all kinds!

I hope other people get involved or else I've just made a right tit of myself :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

graffixnyc

Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
This kinda thread actually isn't a bad idea, well what I mean is to have ONE thread to introduce ourselves in, we all know each others user names but maybe we would have a better community if we said a bit about ourselves and our first names or something.
Just a thought.

Tom, 27, software dev student, I enjoy electronic music, cars, the outdoors and of course gadgets of all kinds!

I hope other people get involved or else I've just made a right tit of myself :D

Patrick, 36, Computer programmer, part-time night student, part time tech writer for land of droid, semi-pro musician (Spector bass endorsee)

There now we both look like tits.. a nice pair of tits, but tits none the less

Last edited:
Reactions: nodstuff

Arsaw

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 31, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Oh.. Hello
Saw, 32, Salesman and 'semi-pro' stock trader :D, love programming but still learning.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

slaphead20

Feb 13, 2011
Out there somewhere
aww heck, m might as well join in.....slappy ;) 48, dad of two, separated, used to be self employed gardener, unemployed for last 2 years due to cancer(all good now) , philosopher, anarchist, peace lover, assassin of "best Rom thread" :D

graffixnyc

Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
Oh.. Hello
Saw, 32, Salesman and 'semi-pro' stock trader :D, love programming but still learning.

Nice, I've actually been thinking of getting into day trading. My friend started doing it when he got laid off and now he just trades stocks in his basement all day.. He makes very good money and has no boss to answer to. But he does have a high risk of losing everything he has if something he had his $ in crashed

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Arsaw

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 31, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Nice, I've actually been thinking of getting into day trading. My friend started doing it when he got laid off and now he just trades stocks in his basement all day.. He makes very good money and has no boss to answer to. But he does have a high risk of losing everything he has if something he had his $ in crashed

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Trading stocks is very risky business. Learn everything you can about stocks trading and then unlearn. Ironically, I make money only by not knowing too much about stock ;)
Anyway, good luck to you and your friend.

swift2fly

Aug 9, 2011
Haha you guys are cool. btw reading helped me today. My phone is officially rooted.

You can call me Swift. Today i turned 31. I grew up in the states but now living in cambodia. I am the Creative general manager/account manager for a film, music, ads and event management company. Look us up 391films and KlapYaHandz cambodia.

Beards

Nov 3, 2008
Other than a Forum I can not think of any other Online communication tool that would not send alarm bells running where a 59 year old communicates with a 16 year old!!!
That's the essence of a forum, we are all equal and no one judges anyone. We all share the same desire and that is our tech.

For those that do not know me....
It's Beards, your Senior Consultant Surgeon.
Happily married for over 37yrs with grown kids (yippee) and a Granddaughter who is my shadow.
I do a lot for charity (as in my signature) and am always willing to both help and learn.

At 59 nearing 60 rapidly..... please be gentle. A few of my brain cells have become lonely. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My wife just surprised me with a sgs3, for my bday. Anyways just wanted to introduce myself because you will see me posting. I will have a lot of questions, after i read of course. I came from the Desire HD and Sensation so i'm familiar with android and rooting but now i'm dealing with a beast and this is my first samsung phone. Anyways, i'm glad to be apart of a new community.

Mod edit:

Lets give this idea a try, make sure to read this post

You know what, let's go with this idea.

As long as you guys can keep this friendly, lets make this the SGS3, hello and chat thread.

A few ground rules:

1) I am relying on everyone to report and ignore any trollish posts rather than respond to them

2) If this goes downhill, I will not hesitate to close it

That said, enjoy :good:
    Yes you need to read a lot. But for starting, read XDA rules (a must read) :)

And welcome buddy.

Just a thought.

Hi, I'm netarchy, and I'm an alcoh... oh wait, not that kind of thread. ;D
    let us all introduce ourself now
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone