Hello from new mytouch4g user.

Search This thread

holmes901

Jun 18, 2009
Orlando
Hello to everyone. Just got my touch...took forever from wirefly.com and well its nice to have moved up from previous phone...Mytouch 3g obviously. Just a formal hello to fellow tough4g users. :confused:I am wanting to right away root my phone but in a head storm about wireflies policies. There very confusing.:confused:

Anyway I will try to make myself useful as I do know some good points in themeing so that a plus.

Holmes901:)

Da Kine

Apr 25, 2011
Santa Rosa, Ca
Hello to everyone. Just got my touch...took forever from wirefly.com and well its nice to have moved up from previous phone...Mytouch 3g obviously. Just a formal hello to fellow tough4g users. :confused:I am wanting to right away root my phone but in a head storm about wireflies policies. There very confusing.:confused:

Anyway I will try to make myself useful as I do know some good points in themeing so that a plus.

If you looking for a rom, I'd check out mexdroid.....oh and if you want to make your mytouch 4g look better grab a dime or penny and rub the edge of it against the battery cover, no it wont scratch it, it'll scratch off the plastic vinyl and you'll see once your done the battery cover is like a polished metal....looks really nice....there's about here on the mytouch 4g forums with pictures.....I just did mine and whished I did it sooner

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA Premium App

Reactions: holmes901

jjbat87

Jul 11, 2011

if you decide to root your phone , you should considered install virtuous Unity 2.37 (www.virtuousroms.com) what the mytouch series comes with is a sort of sense-hybrid, virtuous unity gives you that real sense feeling , with a large variety of customizations (themes etc.) that you can add plus an incredible Ui , very simple to use , just plainly one of the greatest roms out there

Sent from my HTC Glacier

Reactions: holmes901

holmes901

Jun 18, 2009
Orlando
Wow. Thanks all for the welcomes and advice. Since I have a little more assurance about rooting while under wireflys little 181 day policy I am def going to. I am very very familiar as I had prior a mytouch3g and loved that phone to death. But it was time to get with the big dogs. I was...like when I first rooted going to go cm just to know I was good (my way of assuring I know what I am doing as its an easy rom to root to.) But I am just going to go head strong. So thanks all for the help and ideas.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda premium

holmes901

Jun 18, 2009
Orlando
OK I have searched but a little stumped so MY questions go here.

1. Where would I find the guide to downgrading my rom as I am on the stock 2.3.4
2. With being stock how would I check the eMMC Chip? I would like to know before I even attempt to root.
3. Well wild opinion. Visionary or Gfree?

VoiD_Dweller

Aug 5, 2011
Orlando, FL
OK I have searched but a little stumped so MY questions go here.

1. Where would I find the guide to downgrading my rom as I am on the stock 2.3.4
2. With being stock how would I check the eMMC Chip? I would like to know before I even attempt to root.
3. Well wild opinion. Visionary or Gfree?

First check your emmc version, guide here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1081243

downgrade guide here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1178912

Rooting guide here, with optional CID unlock and Eng_Bootloader

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=858996

follow additional directions for CID unlock if you want, I used this version of root, gfree and had a wonderful experience.

Good luck :)

holmes901

Jun 18, 2009
Orlando
First check your emmc version, guide here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1081243

downgrade guide here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1178912

Rooting guide here, with optional CID unlock and Eng_Bootloader

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=858996

follow additional directions for CID unlock if you want, I used this version of root, gfree and had a wonderful experience.

Good luck :)

Good to go an everything I am rooted and have just the CM 7 rom running the stable no nightlies or anything. I noticed I guess I have the bad eMMC chip but I am still covered under wireflys 30 day. So really I flash but very seldom very very seldom But on the eMMC forums I guess a little fear has been put into my head. Oh well. the world keeps spinning.

Etrick

Oct 16, 2010
Indiana
plus.google.com
Bad emmc and screen here (there is a good screen and crappy one) and a flash addict. Usually don't keep a rom for more than a week. Had this phone an hour before I said screw it and rooted. I got a g1 as a backup if necc... Lol anyways, I tried cm7, battery life was amazing, super fast, but felt like it didn't fit the phone right. So I tried unity. Orgasm. Haven't flashed anything since. hacked the genius button back and got swype beta going. Perfect. Starting to get that itch though...

«{[etrickery]}»

thankyouxda

Aug 18, 2011
Give MIUI with Demonspeed kernel a shot too. Pretty much fully baked. Wouldn't require too much tinkering to get things going. Pretty much everything works right out of the box.

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've used wire fly. Just don't change plans or phones for six months, and forget trying to get a refund... Lol

Root away

«{[etrickery]}»

If you looking for a rom, I'd check out mexdroid.....oh and if you want to make your mytouch 4g look better grab a dime or penny and rub the edge of it against the battery cover, no it wont scratch it, it'll scratch off the plastic vinyl and you'll see once your done the battery cover is like a polished metal....looks really nice....there's about here on the mytouch 4g forums with pictures.....I just did mine and whished I did it sooner

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA Premium App

if you decide to root your phone , you should considered install virtuous Unity 2.37 (www.virtuousroms.com) what the mytouch series comes with is a sort of sense-hybrid, virtuous unity gives you that real sense feeling , with a large variety of customizations (themes etc.) that you can add plus an incredible Ui , very simple to use , just plainly one of the greatest roms out there

Sent from my HTC Glacier
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone