[HELP] Alcatel Joy Tab 2 TWRP and Root????

Search This thread

NoJoyTab2

Jan 25, 2022
You men have been very enthusiastic. I applaud your know-how-to. 👍
But please, if you haven't bashed it with a 9 iron, killed it with a covid varient or incinerated your Joy Tabs, don't give up. I only want to simply Manually Focus my cam. I don't speak y'alls lingo, but I get the jest. After following mtk instructions I have ceased at: My firmware is not old enough and I need to downgrade.
Thank you, all! I'll be watching. 😲😂😢

Reactions: Kashten1979

Python618

May 7, 2021
Illinois
Got i to boot with the custom recovery installed but it won't boot to the custom recovery... Just bootloop s...

Is that the one where it bootloops at the twrp logo? Cuz if it is I never even saw the twrp logo.
It has an hboot which is a ram boot, an eboot which I dont remember what that does. Then the fareboot which I think is the "set me on fire" boot loop your getting. Oh and vendor specified Hal.. So far mtk tools have been a bust, and and fast boot go about as far as we all are now.. We need Vampire Lord back on this thing. That dude was a savage! And fully prepared to reverse engineer that entire o.s. I believe!!

PKZ22

Feb 1, 2022
how can i flash boot img i tryed rooting witgh majisk and bootloop and cant get into recovery or fastboot idk what too do.. wont let me brom mode either it just keeps restarting no matter what button combo is used

Cruel5anity

Mar 15, 2020
how can i flash boot img i tryed rooting witgh majisk and bootloop and cant get into recovery or fastboot idk what too do.. wont let me brom mode either it just keeps restarting no matter what button combo is used
This tablet needs the modded version of majisk. Regular majisk won't work. They have a half decent tutorial on the mtkclient tools GitHub: MTKClient

Reactions: Metalheadx

Cruel5anity

Mar 15, 2020
The beginning of this thread are the steps I followed, I have root so I was able to use the TWRP app to dump recovery image. I'll try grabbing a copy of stock recovery image when I get home.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Got i to boot with the custom recovery installed but it won't boot to the custom recovery... Just bootloop s...

Is that the one where it bootloops at the twrp logo? Cuz if it is I never even saw the twrp logo.
    It has an hboot which is a ram boot, an eboot which I dont remember what that does. Then the fareboot which I think is the "set me on fire" boot loop your getting. Oh and vendor specified Hal.. So far mtk tools have been a bust, and and fast boot go about as far as we all are now.. We need Vampire Lord back on this thing. That dude was a savage! And fully prepared to reverse engineer that entire o.s. I believe!!
    The Alcatel joy tab 2 9032Z
    It's locked up tighter then bill gates wallet
    But there's hope yet I found some stuff today ... here's what I do know
    <Alcatel joy tab 2 9032z is TCL 9032z>
    <Manufactured by TCL communication ltd>
    <Baseband
    MOLY.LR12A.R3.TC5.PR2.SP.V2.PG
    CUSTOM BUILD
    alps-mp-90.mpl-V9.77>
    <Android 10 security update may 5 2021>
    < MTK chipset (media tech)>
    <Kernel version = 4.9.190>
    <Software version
    1C5NUPN1><hardware version 3>
    Custom design sold to T-Mobile and Metro PCs by T-Mobile
    The fastboot mode is locked out which is the first hurdle ... Most adb options are locked out in the adb windows power shell due to vendor lockout ... I found a flash tool which might work am trying it tonight the ... SP FLASH TOOL 5.2112 ... I'ma try to pop its root with magisk .... I'm looking for a recovery as we speak I'll update with a working method as soon as I have one .... Wish me luck entering this fort Knox of a tablet
    The beginning of this thread are the steps I followed, I have root so I was able to use the TWRP app to dump recovery image. I'll try grabbing a copy of stock recovery image when I get home.
    UPDATE .... ALCATEL 9032Z =18 ..... ME = 0 ... HALF TIME LOL
    well still at it ... Did find some new information regarding this really hateful non giving tablet ... See attached doc
    Guys, why don't you create a group on Telegram or another site regarding this device?
    Did this ever get made? Would love to contribute in any way. I noticed a comment in this thread mentioning a video showing the process but that account never follow through. I found a youtube page under that handle with 0 uploads. I would be willing to showcase the procedure once it's dialed in.