• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Help Appreciated: Unlock OEM when ADP/OS not working

Search This thread

Lavilla89

Jul 22, 2021
Hi all,

Appreciate any help that you might provide. Have a Moto G5 Plus which I was booting up today after I hadn't used it for a year. It never made it past the boot screen. Long story short, I now have a phone with OEM locked within the developer menu but without an OS to boot it up with. ADP does not recognize device as no Linux OS functions and flashboot is the only functions I can perform.

Unfortunately, since the OEM is locked from the developer menu, it seems I cannot flash an OS to unlock the device.

I have the unlock code from Motorola and although the device has the capability of being unlocked it seems I am stuck without the OS.

Is there any way to sideload an OS on SD card or somehow gain access to the developer menu to allow me to unlock and flash the device? FYI recovery does not work as Linux is failing to load. It seems since flashboot and Device Manager recognize device that this is a softbrick but I might be mistaken. I have some concerns about the system memory being corrupted but am not able to format without unlocked access.

Thanks for any help you can provide! Have done a lot of research on this but clearly I am new to the booting/flashing scene.

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
This is the forum for the Moto G5 - cedric

The moto g5 plus - Potter is below

But I would flash twrp and then flash a custom rom