[Help] Assign button to app on MTCE PX5

Search This thread

DC69

Sep 4, 2021
Hello everyone.

I could not find a MTCE section and was unsure where to post, so I am posting this to the MTCD/MTCB/Android Head-Units threads. Sorry mods, please close or merge as you see fit.

I have a PX5 running Android 10. MCU version is MTCE_HXD_V3.62e_1 and would like to assign a phisical button (preferably a steering wheel button) to open TorquePro.

I found the remap function on factory options, but there are two problems with this:

First, only the volume buttons on my steering wheel show up on the buttons list, and not the "mode" button I wanted to use for this. Maybe this has something to do with CAN-Bus configurations? Or should I reset and map the buttons manually in order for them to show up? I think they all work. This "mode" button I don't use currently cycles between radio, media player and DVD and the skip track buttons also function as supposed, although being absent from the list.

Second, even if I forget about the steering wheel and try to map it to one of the buttons on the unit itself (like the DVD button I don't use) I can only map preset functions, like navigation, DVD, mute, etc. and not individual apps.

So I need either a third-party app that allows me to map Torque to a button, or a way to add torque to the mapable funcions on the factory options.

Any thougts on how to do this?

BTW, I tried MTCDtools but it doesn't seem to work. All I get from it is a "app keeps crashing" error message.

Thank you all!

DC69

Sep 4, 2021
All right, one step in the right direction. Yet MTCDtools didn't work. I installed the APK and it doesn't even open, all I get is a crashed app error message everytime I try starting it...

Any ideas what is going wrong here?

DC69

Sep 4, 2021
Have you tried the modified version 1.10, from AirOne70? #493
I have tried it, and it worked, so thank you!

Although it was just a partial success. I have a "source" button on my steering wheem which is used to cycle through radio/DVD/media player/etc. and managed to make it open Torque, like I wanted. The problem is that it also mantains the original function, so it launches Torque AND changes the media source on the same time.

I guess I need to "disconnect" the original functio. Any ideas on how to do this?

Thank you!

Pavel-71

Jul 9, 2020

Although it was just a partial success. I have a "source" button on my steering wheem which is used to cycle through radio/DVD/media player/etc. and managed to make it open Torque, like I wanted. The problem is that it also mantains the original function, so it launches Torque AND changes the media source on the same time.

I guess I need to "disconnect" the original functio. Any ideas on how to do this?

Thank you!
Unfortunately, I can't help you with that, try reading the thread, maybe someone has already solved it.

Reactions: DC69

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes mtcE is an mtcD type. So you're in the right place.
    Have you tried the modified version 1.10, from AirOne70? #493

Thank you!
    Unfortunately, I can't help you with that, try reading the thread, maybe someone has already solved it.