• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

HELP! Atrix 4G wont turn on!

Search This thread

Holmes13

Mar 29, 2011
Akron
I am having this same problem, I've taken the battery out multiple times and tried to do resets but nothing happens. It stays off and only the LED blinks green when I press the power button.

g33k3r

Apr 28, 2011
Same thing happened to me the other day. It's probably because your battery is drained. Plug into a wall charger and let it charge for at least 30 minutes.

Reactions: Holmes13

Holmes13

Mar 29, 2011
Akron
Haha thank you guys. I had it plugged into my laptop all night like I do every night to charge. I guess it didnt work. Plugged it into the wall and the screen popped right on. Thanks again!

Reactions: maheeinfy

CaelanT

Mar 18, 2011
Sheffield
I can't believe people panic post like this!.......Help, my television wont turn on........did you plug it in? Help, my car wont start.........did you put the key in the ignition?..........Help, my phone wont turn on..........Did you charge the battery?

C'mon people!!!!!

Sent from WinBorg 4G using XDA Premium App

Reactions: titusxperia10

[email protected]

Sep 24, 2007
I can't believe people panic post like this!.......Help, my television wont turn on........did you plug it in? Help, my car wont start.........did you put the key in the ignition?..........Help, my phone wont turn on..........Did you charge the battery?

C'mon people!!!!!

First of all, your reply has no useful information whatsoever, second, when the device works just fine for month while plugged in into computer then one morning it doesn't wake up, what do you expect people do? And why in the world would it matter for a good built phone that charges through USB matter if it's plugged in into computer or a wall charger? - it's nonsense...
In fact, there are many other phones that even if the battery dead it would work when plugged in into computer, even removing battery wouldn't shut it down.
In Atrix case if battery died you have to find a wall charger, then wait 30 minutes? seriously? - well done, Motorola, well done!

turl1

May 2, 2011
And why in the world would it matter for a good built phone that charges through USB matter if it's plugged in into computer or a wall charger? - it's nonsense...

It's not nonsense. USB can only provide 500mA of current, wall chargers pretty much can double or triple that. That's why it takes ages to charge any phone over USB compared to a wall charger.

live4nyy

Mar 5, 2011
First of all, why are you digging up this relic of a thread? The comment you're responding to is from 4 months ago.

Second of all, @CaelanT is right, sometimes people panic unnecessarily. It happens. And his comment does offer something useful, it's a reminder that sometimes it can be the simplest of things that will resolve your issue.

Third of all, @turl1 is correct about the mA output, that's just common sense, though some newer computers are capable of 1Amp of output.

Have a nice day. :)

First of all, your reply has no useful information whatsoever, second, when the device works just fine for month while plugged in into computer then one morning it doesn't wake up, what do you expect people do? And why in the world would it matter for a good built phone that charges through USB matter if it's plugged in into computer or a wall charger? - it's nonsense...
In fact, there are many other phones that even if the battery dead it would work when plugged in into computer, even removing battery wouldn't shut it down.
In Atrix case if battery died you have to find a wall charger, then wait 30 minutes? seriously? - well done, Motorola, well done!

skytechja

Mar 16, 2012
kingston
well in my case i had a full battery

it didnt even take me 20 secons for it to pop right up....

what happen was that one battery was basically dead... put it in n nothing, put in the full battery n nothing...

so put in fill battery n pop it in the wall socket n wwollah.. pops right up..

ANOTHER THING... I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND CHARGING FROM A COMPUTER!

was charging mine since day n battery was at 100 n withing 2 hrs it was literally dead n my battery is brand new....

so ye, basically goto train it again...

and as much as possible...USE UR ORIGINAL CHARGER !!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Same thing happened to me the other day. It's probably because your battery is drained. Plug into a wall charger and let it charge for at least 30 minutes.
    Haha thank you guys. I had it plugged into my laptop all night like I do every night to charge. I guess it didnt work. Plugged it into the wall and the screen popped right on. Thanks again!

C'mon people!!!!!