• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[HELP] Bass Loss After Uninstalling Viper4Android

Search This thread

darshan1504

May 16, 2017
Hello,
I have a rooted Samsung J2 2016. I thought of getting Viper4Android and when I tried to install the drivers it just said drivers installed reboot your phone. I rebooted it 2 times but still it said driver 0.0.0.0 and would ask for permission for updating drivers again. Fed up of this I went to Link2SD app and uninstalled the app. As I had flashed the zip file for Viper, it erased the sound drivers(I think) and I couldnt get any audio through the ear phones so I decided to do a factory reset of the phone by flashing the latest firmware update(This usually removes all apps, TWRP and root from my phone). After I did the factory reset I noticed that all the apps that I had before were still there:)confused:) I ignored it and plugged in my headphones only to find a complete loss in bass. I tried to tweak the inbuilt equalizer but nothing came out of it. After restarting, bass would enable for a few seconds and then it would disable again. I dont know what to do now. How can I get back my deleted drivers(if they got deleted)?

P.S. I had taken a complete backup but it got erased from the SD card after I formatted it as portable storage( I had it enabled for adoptable storage through root essentials. This might be the reason why the phone didnt factory reset) :crying:

Sorry for the long post. Im a beginner at this. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Edit- I tried different earphones and different music players but no success

Last edited:

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
Hello,
I have a rooted Samsung J2 2016. I thought of getting Viper4Android and when I tried to install the drivers it just said drivers installed reboot your phone. I rebooted it 2 times but still it said driver 0.0.0.0 and would ask for permission for updating drivers again. Fed up of this I went to Link2SD app and uninstalled the app. As I had flashed the zip file for Viper, it erased the sound drivers(I think) and I couldnt get any audio through the ear phones so I decided to do a factory reset of the phone by flashing the latest firmware update(This usually removes all apps, TWRP and root from my phone). After I did the factory reset I noticed that all the apps that I had before were still there:)confused:) I ignored it and plugged in my headphones only to find a complete loss in bass. I tried to tweak the inbuilt equalizer but nothing came out of it. After restarting, bass would enable for a few seconds and then it would disable again. I dont know what to do now. How can I get back my deleted drivers(if they got deleted)?

P.S. I had taken a complete backup but it got erased from the SD card after I formatted it as portable storage( I had it enabled for adoptable storage through root essentials. This might be the reason why the phone didnt factory reset) :crying:

Sorry for the long post. Im a beginner at this. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Edit- I tried different earphones and different music players but no success
You probably needed to make sure you had SELinux set to permissive mode, then V4A would probably install the driver and reboot correctly without having to do it again.

You have 2 options:

1) reflash your stock firmware or your custom ROM, whichever one you're using. This will replace what was removed when you flashed V4A zip.

Or

2) enable permissive mode and try V4A again.

Or if you'd like, you can flash your stock or custom ROM just to get things back to a clean start and then try installing V4A again in permissive mode and see if it works right this time.

By the way, when flashing with Odin, it doesn't erase user data unless what you're flashing includes an upgraded/downgraded bootloader. When flashing exactly what you had, it leaves your data intact.

This time, when you flash stock firmware via Odin, boot the device to recovery and factory reset from within recovery, this will wipe user data, then connect to Odin and flash firmware. This should return everything to like it came out of the box.

By the way, in android, the term "factory reset" does not mean flashing stock firmware, that's called "factory restore".

In android, the term factory reset is something completely different, in android, it means wiping user data and leaving only the stock software.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

darshan1504

May 16, 2017
You probably needed to make sure you had SELinux set to permissive mode, then V4A would probably install the driver and reboot correctly without having to do it again.

You have 2 options:

1) reflash your stock firmware or your custom ROM, whichever one you're using. This will replace what was removed when you flashed V4A zip.

Or

Or if you'd like, you can flash your stock or custom ROM just to get things back to a clean start and then try installing V4A again in permissive mode and see if it works right this time.

By the way, when flashing with Odin, it doesn't erase user data unless what you're flashing includes an upgraded/downgraded bootloader. When flashing exactly what you had, it leaves your data intact.

This time, when you flash stock firmware via Odin, boot the device to recovery and factory reset from within recovery, this will wipe user data, then connect to Odin and flash firmware. This should return everything to like it came out of the box.

By the way, in android, the term "factory reset" does not mean flashing stock firmware, that's called "factory restore".

In android, the term factory reset is something completely different, in android, it means wiping user data and leaving only the stock software.

Thank you for replying. The problem is that I am running the stock touchwiz samsung ROM so SELinuxModeChanger doesn't work for me. I would like to go with the second option but I can't find any other method to make it permissive. Can you please help me with this? I dont want to do a factory reset cause talking the phone back to how it is will be a real pain and time consuming. Will just flashing the Viper file again do the job in any way?

darshan1504

May 16, 2017

You have 2 options:

Or

Also sir I found an old complete titanium backup on my laptop. So can it have the original drivers? If yes can I restore them using titanium and how?
I am sorry for asking so many questions but listening to music is what I do most of the times and I am feeling guilty for screwing up something that I like the most and that I can not restore it :crying:

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
Also sir I found an old complete titanium backup on my laptop. So can it have the original drivers? If yes can I restore them using titanium and how?
I am sorry for asking so many questions but listening to music is what I do most of the times and I am feeling guilty for screwing up something that I like the most and that I can not restore it :crying:
What you need wouldn't be in a Titanium Backup file unless you backed up system apps and their data.

If you had a TWRP backup from before you installed V4A then you could use that. Otherwise than that, you'll have to flash stock firmware or at least manually reinstall the stock sound app and it's resources.

Best option to be sure you fix it without having to dig through anything is to flash stock firmware and start over and do it correctly the next time.

darshan1504

May 16, 2017
What you need wouldn't be in a Titanium Backup file unless you backed up system apps and their data.

If you had a TWRP backup from before you installed V4A then you could use that. Otherwise than that, you'll have to flash stock firmware or at least manually reinstall the stock sound app and it's resources.

Best option to be sure you fix it without having to dig through anything is to flash stock firmware and start over and do it correctly the next time.

The titanium backup is a complete system backup. I had chosen the backup all apps and system data option in Titanium and when I went through the backup files, I found the Sound Alive files in it. Those files were different from the ones which I currently have. So this is what I have in the end. If this is useful then fine. Otherwise there's no other option left I guess

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
The titanium backup is a complete system backup. I had chosen the backup all apps and system data option in Titanium and when I went through the backup files, I found the Sound Alive files in it. Those files were different from the ones which I currently have. So this is what I have in the end. If this is useful then fine. Otherwise there's no other option left I guess
No, it's not a complete system backup because Titanium Backup can't do a complete system backup, the only part of system it can backup is system apps and their app data, it doesn't backup anything else from system. TWRP can make a complete system backup but Titanium Backup can't.

If you backed up the system apps themselves then yes, you can restore them but I wouldn't restore any of the app data that goes with those system apps.

darshan1504

May 16, 2017
No, it's not a complete system backup because Titanium Backup can't do a complete system backup, the only part of system it can backup is system apps and their app data, it doesn't backup anything else from system. TWRP can make a complete system backup but Titanium Backup can't.

If you backed up the system apps themselves then yes, you can restore them but I wouldn't restore any of the app data that goes with those system apps.

I did a factory reset through TWRP and flashed it again. That did the trick. Thank you for all the help

Reactions: Droidriven

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I did a factory reset through TWRP and flashed it again. That did the trick. Thank you for all the help