[HELP] Battery goes to 0%. But in Factory Mode it works without problems

Search This thread

RyuDragon

Oct 8, 2016
Ciudad Guayana
Hi everyone!

Recently, for reasons of having a fast and economical mobile, I bought a second-hand Moto X Play XT1563 Latin American version.

The first problem I noticed is that the battery tends to go to 0% even while charging. It can go to 70%, or 50% or whatever percentage. Or if I open the camera after a few seconds it goes to 0%.

What happens, when I start the phone in "Factory Mode" after it "dies", it works without problems. And it still maintains the battery percentage with which it went out. And if I try to turn it on normally, just before the Bootanimation is finished, the low battery sound sounds and then it shows the "Turning off" and turns off.

Also if I put it to load off, it shows the percentage with which it went off. I turn on the phone normally and it shows the percentage, but when disconnected after a few seconds it does the same thing of going to 0%.

I thought it was because the previous owner never updated Nougat, I have read that the ROM of 6.0.1 gives a lot of problems, so I updated it to see if it was the problem and it has not solved it. I tried putting the Kernel "Squid R23" to see if it was Kernel Stock problem and nothing.

It should be noted that I do not have the Motorola Turbo charger, I use one of 5V 1.5A. And it takes about 2 or 3 hours to charge. And it is downloaded two hours later, I don't know if it also has to do with it. Although it still seems strange to me that "Factory Mode" if I work without problems. It basically works like a Tablet, only WiFi.

I guess it may be the battery, but I have read similar cases and they say that replacing the battery does not solve the problem.

Personally, using my mild common sense, I think it is something of Firmware as a type of descaling. But I don't know how to accommodate it either, I've already deleted the "Battery-stat.xml" several times and it doesn't help the problem either.

I hope someone can have the solution to the problem. A cordial greeting!

(Sorry if my English can have errors, I speak Spanish and I don't know how to speak English well. I use Google Translate)

EDIT: When I am in "Factory Mode" and have an already low battery level, the touch screen starts to make ghost touches at the top and bottom. Especially when I do things with consumption, such as opening the camera or if the phone is just turned on. This only happens in the "Factory Mode" and when there is little battery.

Last edited:

ItzHeilner

Mar 10, 2020
Same problem here

Hi everyone!

Recently, for reasons of having a fast and economical mobile, I bought a second-hand Moto X Play XT1563 Latin American version.

The first problem I noticed is that the battery tends to go to 0% even while charging. It can go to 70%, or 50% or whatever percentage. Or if I open the camera after a few seconds it goes...

I have installed the LineageOS 14.1 in my X Play and as you mentioned, in Factory Mode the battery continues to drain out completely, and in a normal startup, it randomly shuts down below 40% of charge.

Once I drained the battery in Factory Mode, then left the phone charging overnight. Next day it powered itself off at 20% and eventually 40% again, so no solution there.

I tried deleting the Battery-stat.bin and the Battery-stat.xml but nothing changes.

Then in Factory Mode there is no mobile network connection, and in Normal Mode something is sending a shutdown signal nevertheless the battery level, so I was wondering, can I manually turn on/off such services so my phone doesn't turn off in Normal Mode or turn on the mobile network connection in Factory Mode?

Can someone lead us in the right direction? I can't find the right services nor the way to enable/disable them.

PD Your english level is above average, I speak spanish too.