Question #HELP! Blurry photos with 1x

Search This thread

Sky33

Oct 7, 2021
Thanks guys for all the feedback. I can confirm if I stand firmly and hold my phone beside the wall, the auto mode is now clear and crisp.

Weird though I didn't have this problem with the older N10+

Then I'll just probably needs to stand firmly for indoor shots.

Sorry for my late response but I've been rather busy lately.
I kept on looking at the two sets of pictures and I must say there are some interesting things happening there. I assumed that the objects in focus are the boxes of Crunchies and the chair on the grass, respectively. I took a look at the EXIF data and it might explain a lot.

Indoor picture:
Auto: The blur seems to be caused by movement. If the exposure time is correct (1 s) than it is very much explainable. I'm not sure how capable Samsung's OIS is, but from my experience 4 stops is what OIS would compensate for and there are approx 5 stops (1/60, 1/30, 1/15, 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 1) between pro and auto exposure times.
Pro: The exposure time is just about right for a clear shot (1/50 sec). The exposure seems to be calculated differently, for whatever reason.

Outdoor picture:
Auto: Same as before, there is a 1 sec exposure time.
Pro: The photo seems to be more sharpened in pro mode.

I would recommend you wipe the cache of the camera app and try again. If the results are not improving then try wiping the data of the camera app. If things are still blurry, call Samsung service center. There is a possibility that your camera module is not properly calibrated.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Thanks guys for all the feedback. I can confirm if I stand firmly and hold my phone beside the wall, the auto mode is now clear and crisp.

Weird though I didn't have this problem with the older N10+

Then I'll just probably needs to stand firmly for indoor shots.

Both have optical stabilization. My N10+ stabilization works well except in very low light.
Review Google search results for observed issues with the S21U cam.
Such as...
Maybe a firmware glitch.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Note: I used manual focus with Pro mode

Auto indoor

Pro Indoor

Auto Outdoor

Pro Outdoor
    Sorry for my late response but I've been rather busy lately.
    I kept on looking at the two sets of pictures and I must say there are some interesting things happening there. I assumed that the objects in focus are the boxes of Crunchies and the chair on the grass, respectively. I took a look at the EXIF data and it might explain a lot.

Indoor picture:
    Auto: The blur seems to be caused by movement. If the exposure time is correct (1 s) than it is very much explainable. I'm not sure how capable Samsung's OIS is, but from my experience 4 stops is what OIS would compensate for and there are approx 5 stops (1/60, 1/30, 1/15, 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 1) between pro and auto exposure times.
    Pro: The exposure time is just about right for a clear shot (1/50 sec). The exposure seems to be calculated differently, for whatever reason.

Outdoor picture:
    Auto: Same as before, there is a 1 sec exposure time.
    Pro: The photo seems to be more sharpened in pro mode.

I would recommend you wipe the cache of the camera app and try again. If the results are not improving then try wiping the data of the camera app. If things are still blurry, call Samsung service center. There is a possibility that your camera module is not properly calibrated.
    You may have a too dark room to take photos
    Brace the phone to eliminate cam shake.
    Make sure it's getting a AF lock.
    Where you too close?
    Compare the shooting settings from the pro vs photo auto whatever mode in the photos exif data.
    Not every shot is a keeper...
    Not sure. I see a similar thread below talking about the same thing.

Short story he got his phone repaired by Samsung.

Not sure. I see a similar thread below talking about the same thing.

Short story he got his phone repaired by Samsung.

Could be... but a couple blurry shots can happen.
    Make sure the lense cover plate is clean as that can skew the AF.
    Try clearing the cam data and the system cache.