• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

(help) Bootloop after OTA update

Search This thread

AlaiSalaam

Apr 23, 2018
Hello
My stock A515F/DS received an OTA about 3 days ago. After it restarted to finish the update, it got stuck in the boot logo. It will reboot on itself from time to time, and I was able to reboot it manually by pressing vol down + power, but I can't get into recovery or donwload mode (by pressing vol up as soon as it reboots). The screen flickers for a moment, but it reboots again. We are under quarantine by federal law so I can't get my phone to samsung. Is there any way you guys know to flash it without going into recovery/download mode? I don't mind losing my data, everything is on my drive account, I just want my phone again :(

Thanks in advance

AlexLink89

Oct 27, 2011
I think there is no way without entering in download mode or bootloader. Try with this:
When the phone is on, no matter which state, press Vol down + power until it reboots. As soon as the screen goes black, change to Vol. up+power. If this is successful, you can then select Reboot to bootloader to enter in download mode.
If this doesn't work, the next solution is waiting the end of quarantine :D

AlaiSalaam

Apr 23, 2018
I think there is no way without entering in download mode or bootloader. Try with this:
When the phone is on, no matter which state, press Vol down + power until it reboots. As soon as the screen goes black, change to Vol. up+power. If this is successful, you can then select Reboot to bootloader to enter in download mode.
If this doesn't work, the next solution is waiting the end of quarantine :D
Been trying this since day one, it seems like the phone tries to go into recovery as the screen flickers, but this lasts for less than a second and it reboots itself again.

sid99939

Oct 30, 2014
Hi i have gala y a51. Also.
Suddenly it hanged up and restarted.ans stucked on boot screen after 10 sec it vibrates and screen goes dim(while still on boot logo) and notification bell rings and then goes black.
Cant get into recovery mode .
Plz help