• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

help !. Bricked OP8 t-mobile unlocked

Search This thread

kool_am

Jan 13, 2014
Hey guys. I need some help. this is my wrong doing !!
I got a network unlocked T mobile which I started using with AT&T. Today I received the unlock code from T mobile to unlock bootloader which I did. then I I installed TWRP and Magisk without any issues. then I tried to fix the persis.img coz fingerpritn is not working. it didnt work so I left it alone. But I dont know why I wiped cache, data and then phone got stuck at boot loop. (no backup). I tried to install using MSM tool but it didnt work. MSM tool was not detecting the phone. then in TWRP I clicked on EDL and now the phone screen is blank. tried every possible combination of keys but no luck. was doing all this on windows 10. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

kool_am

Jan 13, 2014
Hey guys. I need some help. this is my wrong doing !!
I got a network unlocked T mobile which I started using with AT&T. Today I received the unlock code from T mobile to unlock bootloader which I did. then I I installed TWRP and Magisk without any issues. then I tried to fix the persis.img coz fingerpritn is not working. it didnt work so I left it alone. But I dont know why I wiped cache, data and then phone got stuck at boot loop. (no backup). I tried to install using MSM tool but it didnt work. MSM tool was not detecting the phone. then in TWRP I clicked on EDL and now the phone screen is blank. tried every possible combination of keys but no luck. was doing all this on windows 10. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

So it turns out its not a hard brick. I'm stuck on TWRP. I'm able to get to fastboot. I tried to install Oxygen OS thru fastboot but the PC is not detecting the phone in fastboot. Mac detects it but I believe all the stock Roms are for PC use. I did try it on my MAc and was able to open a terminal window inside the Oxygen OS folder but then the fastboot device command is not found. any help would be greatly appreciated. I installed SDK and ADB drivers on PC but in device manager the device still only shows as Android device with no drivers. !! thanks

kool_am

Jan 13, 2014
So it turns out its not a hard brick. I'm stuck on TWRP. I'm able to get to fastboot. I tried to install Oxygen OS thru fastboot but the PC is not detecting the phone in fastboot. Mac detects it but I believe all the stock Roms are for PC use. I did try it on my MAc and was able to open a terminal window inside the Oxygen OS folder but then the fastboot device command is not found. any help would be greatly appreciated. I installed SDK and ADB drivers on PC but in device manager the device still only shows as Android device with no drivers. !! thanks
Solved !

JCroffut

Feb 6, 2015
Morgantown
solved how? i greatly would like to know how to flash from fastboot, i know that isnt what this thread was about but im having the exact same problems you are with msm. i can see the phone in fastboot but i have no idea how to flash or what to flash from there. I can get into recovery but i cant copy anything over to the phone and the drivers dont show up for adb. so i pretty much ONLY have fastboot and dont know what to do! 2 days since the phone been down and im lost AF

kool_am

Jan 13, 2014
solved how? i greatly would like to know how to flash from fastboot, i know that isnt what this thread was about but im having the exact same problems you are with msm. i can see the phone in fastboot but i have no idea how to flash or what to flash from there. I can get into recovery but i cant copy anything over to the phone and the drivers dont show up for adb. so i pretty much ONLY have fastboot and dont know what to do! 2 days since the phone been down and im lost AF
Can msm detect the phone when connected in fastboot. Also check device manager in pc to make sure it detects the phone as qualcomm device. Otherwise msm will not work.
Download msm. Turn phone off. Connect phone to pc. Open msm. Press start. Press volume down and power button on phone. It should be detected by msm and should start flashing the software.

JCroffut

Feb 6, 2015
Morgantown
Standby....

When plugged in the phone in EDL it shows
QUSB_BULK_CID0412 with an exclamation mark inside a yellow triangle

When i plugged in the phone and open fastboot it shows
Android with an exclamation point inside a yellow triangle

I booted up msm, clicked other, clicked start, pressed volume down and volume up and plugged it in. still says waiting for device to connect. ive also tried this with a number of keys being help, ive tried to boot from twrp straight into edl mode, none of which works

which all says to me its a driver issue of some kind, but for 3 days ive been slaving away on xda and cannot for the life of me figure out where to get the drivers.

kool_am

Jan 13, 2014
Standby....

When plugged in the phone in EDL it shows
QUSB_BULK_CID0412 with an exclamation mark inside a yellow triangle

When i plugged in the phone and open fastboot it shows
Android with an exclamation point inside a yellow triangle

I booted up msm, clicked other, clicked start, pressed volume down and volume up and plugged it in. still says waiting for device to connect. ive also tried this with a number of keys being help, ive tried to boot from twrp straight into edl mode, none of which works

which all says to me its a driver issue of some kind, but for 3 days ive been slaving away on xda and cannot for the life of me figure out where to get the drivers.
It is a driver issue for sure. When connected device manager should detect as qualcomm hd9008.......

JCroffut

Feb 6, 2015
Morgantown
It is a driver issue for sure. When connected device manager should detect as qualcomm hd9008.......

i figured that, i am at a complete loss as to where to find the drivers. i actually might need you to hold my hand on this one a tiny bit because im about to smash the phone on the ground and say someone stole it. thats where i am with this phone haha

kool_am

Jan 13, 2014

kool_am

Jan 13, 2014
qualcomm hs-usb qdloader 9008 - this is the exact name of the driver.

Try this link: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-fixing-hard-bricks-qualcomm-hs-usb-qdloader-9008.3403868/
Only download the qualcomm driver from this link. Or search for it online.
I have spent much more time than you trying to figure this out. I have a pc and Mac both. Mac is not compatible with a lot of the software and my pc usb ports are all bad. Point being, leave it alone for a day or so. Come back at it with a fresh start and fresh mind.

JCroffut

Feb 6, 2015
Morgantown
Only download the qualcomm driver from this link. Or search for it online.
I have spent much more time than you trying to figure this out. I have a pc and Mac both. Mac is not compatible with a lot of the software and my pc usb ports are all bad. Point being, leave it alone for a day or so. Come back at it with a fresh start and fresh mind.

i hear that. after 3 days of non stop working at it im pretty sure im just not smarter than the phone today lol. looks like this phone is now stolen and going into a trash can lol

kool_am

Jan 13, 2014
i hear that. after 3 days of non stop working at it im pretty sure im just not smarter than the phone today lol. looks like this phone is now stolen and going into a trash can lol
If I were you, I wouldn't throw the phone away. Like I said it's a simple issue of driver. Install the correct driver and make sure you see it as qualcomm device in device manager. Trust me, from then on, it's just a matter of a few clicks.
I unbricked my phone to t mobile and then converted to global rom without any issues.

JCroffut

Feb 6, 2015
Morgantown
If I were you, I wouldn't throw the phone away. Like I said it's a simple issue of driver. Install the correct driver and make sure you see it as qualcomm device in device manager. Trust me, from then on, it's just a matter of a few clicks.
I unbricked my phone to t mobile and then converted to global rom without any issues.

i sent you a private convo on here if thats ok so i dont spam the forum! You may be able to help me out if i could borrow a few minutes of your time!

zrzhu

Oct 22, 2011
I'm not sure if you have read this thread already. I messed up my phone a couple days ago as well and follow the steps there and was able to MSM my phone back to stock.